Ended
Watch

(1601) Miach, Faust, and Truce

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce regards the other bookish men with a soft smile. "Congratulations on the formation of your Cabal, gentlemen. Pelican is a good man, and Wayland an ambitious up-and-comer. They will certainly bring much aid from the Path of Doom," he says, praising his fellow Necromancers.

"Now then, the reason I wished to speak with you regards your offers of assistance. Curator, among the Mysterium I am sure you have a wealth of information you could provide regarding the existence of this new weapon. And Magi Faust, your experience in the purview of Spirit may provide an invaluable perspective on creating a defense for the Soul. Perhaps the three of us can come to an arrangement and come up with a suitable defensive strategy?"

2. Likes Bigpaw liked this post

Miach

PRE

While the praise to the Moros members of Steel Phoenix wasn't needed, the Hearthmaster didn't feel proper to turn them down. He meant well, after all. "I have already a high opinion of those gentlemen, but hearing this from you comforts it." he says with a nod of acknowledgement to the Councilor.

As he shifted the topic back to what he had in mind though, Miach's face turned sober. "Such a weapon cannot be left unadressed, for sure. Whatever we can do, we will. The only caveat is that you'd need to fill us in before we could do anything meaningful... What sort of arrangement do you have in mind ?" It was doubtful that the savvy Moros had come unprepared, and so it was best to hear what he had in mind first.

T
    Trismegistus

Faust smiled at the praise the Councilor gave to his Cabalmates, showing agreement with Miach's statement about it silently. When things turned to the matter at hand his face became more serious, "I agree with the Curator, there is still much we need to know. As far as I am aware Prime is better suited for the defense of the Soul. My skills would prove more useful in the reattaching of a severed Soul. You said 'targeting and damaging' the soul, I'm assuming that involves severing them but I need to know precisely what you've found."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce nods his understanding at what is being said and asked of him. They want to see the weapon. If only it were that simple.

"At present the weapon is under the care of Temoins du Sud. I have assured my Cabalmates that it would remain as such. I might assume that the Mysterium has an interest to research or censor the weapon. Unfortunately I am skilled in neither matters of Spirits or the raw aspects of Prime. Though under the purview of Death I am most familiar, and I can tell you that the weapon reeks of it. Counterspells may work, of course, but I would prefer to have more options on the table."

"So my proposal is this. I will speak to my Cabal to see that you are given access to the weapon, but only at our Sanctum, and with Temoins du Sud in attendance. You may each ask for a Favor from me in exchange and you would of course retain the knowledge gained from your research. Though I trust you will be discreet on what you discover."

He could trust the Mysterium to be discreet when it came to these matters. If anything he suspected the Mysterium would have kept the Consilium in the dark even about the existence of the weapon.

"I would expect you both to share any solutions you come up with in order to aid the Consilium's defense. Do these terms meet your approval?"

Truce notes Crowley and the approving nod from the man which gives Truce some relief. He would have to speak with him next about these terms. But from Crowley's announcement he imagines the Libertine would be on board. Then it would just be a matter of finding someone proficient in Prime.

T
    Trismegistus

Faust gave a small contemplative frown for a moment. "Ideally such a weapon should be censored to prevent exactly such an event from occurring, but as the Banishers have already reaped the benefits it does seem worthwhile to open the grounds for investigation until the threat it represented is dealt with. I would ask, Councilor, that you give thought to placing the weapon in the Mysterium's custody once we can be assured that the Banishers advantages from it are neutralized."

"Under the circumstances your terms sound agreeable to me, particularly as I am sure we can trust Flidais to take proper steps to defend the weapon from within Temoins du Sud. I will however defer to the Curator," he looked at Miach and asked, "Due to my knowledge of Spirit and my skill in research I humbly request that you appoint me to lead the effort to study this weapon."

Miach

PRE

It seemed that Truce had indeed thought about this a lot, but Miach still felt there were issues to address. "Those terms meet my approval." the Curator started with. "For now. If, through the study of that weapon, my assessment were to change, I would honestly let you know, though." It was the best he could do to accomodate both the fact that TDS had ownership of the weapon, and that the Consilium needed unity, not dissention, but that the Mysterium may disagree to those arrangements should they learn more.

"There is another thing, too. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but we've both been here long enough..." the Acanthus said to the Moros "should Tιmoins du Sud ever disappear, I ask that you would discuss with your members now what you would have done with the weapon. the Mysterium of course volunteers to take it into its custody."

Leaving it sink for a couple of seconds, the Curator then turned toward Faust once he had made his request known. "You sound like a good match indeed, Faust. Could you remind me what is your knowledge of Prime, please ?" Many factors had to be taken into account if this was to be fruitful, and the Acanthus knew he'd have to try and divine the future, incertain though it may be. Any factor might tip the scale in the Consilium's favor, and he was the one to make the decision, after all.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce is not surprised by their considerations, though Miach makes it clear that the terms are subject to change based on their discoveries. That is alright with Truce.

"Not harsh at all. We should be prepared for whatever changes our Consilium goes through. I will keep your offer in mind, Curator, as well as your advisement, Magus Faust. I have another resource I may tap into for when you pay your visit. Thank you once again, gentlemen. I will speak with my Cabal and will send you the address. Miach, I believe I have your contact information. May I exchange mine with yours, Faust?"

Seeing Star's gesture reminds him that the man does owe him a favor, though that had been specified as willworkings. Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask the Theurgist about his background in Prime. But first he would have to deal with the matter of identifying the Banishers. Much to do yet.

T
    Trismegistus

"I am unfortunately not versed in Prime." Faust shook his head, looking almost embarrassed, "While I do think it would be wise to limit access to this weapon I would like to assemble a small team to study it. You Concilor would be on my list, both as a representative of Temoins du Sud as requested and for your knowledge of Death. I would also want to find someone who is versed in Prime for analyzing any potential enchantments, protecting against any defenses the weapon may have, and for their knowledge of how to protect a Soul. I know both Wayland and Pelican are Apprentices of Prime, but if any in Temoins du Sud have the knowledge that would help to minimize access, or if either of you know anyone particularly suited to the task. . ." The Savant trailed off, and it had been clear that he was as much thinking out loud as he was talking to the others.

When Faust realized that Truce had asked for his information he seemed to be pulled from his thoughts, "Oh, of course," he said, pulling a small notebook out of his pocket and writing down his number before tearing out the page and handing it to the Moros.

Finally he turned back to Miach,"Do you mind if I have a quick word with you in private before we move on?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

After exchanging information with Faust, Truce says, "That's alright, I have other business to attend to and I'm sure you have much to discuss. Please enjoy the rest of your evening."

With that Truce nods a farewell to them before heading in the direction of Crowley.

Truce returns to the main scene

Miach

PRE

Truce had apparently actually listened to what they had had to say, and that could only be good in the long run. Miach wished him well as he left them to pursue other social duties. Their next course of action seemed pretty obvious, finding someone versed in Prime beyond any Apprenticeship available to them.

Apparently Faust wanted a word, and since now was an excellent time and place "What would you like to speak about, then ?" he inquired of his Cabalmate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread