Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Here Goes Nothing (Open)

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

"Alright, I'll forward to it," he said with a smile. He held out a hand to shake on it and say goodbye to the other new arrivals, he'd make sure Charles didn't duck out this time. Though, the thorns that suddenly started growing from Alex's fists made the Gravewight a little less inclined to shake the Woodblood's hand. Instinctively Daniel glanced around to make sure no one was looking. Sure, the VIP area was mostly private but the bar still felt like a populated area. Then again it was off hours and it wasn't like Daniel hadn't summoned ghosts in the middle of a field in the mortal world.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

There's another Changeling expressing a preference for the rapier. Which makes sense. It's a fine weapon, and effective in the right hands. At this rate, maybe Coco should just start up a class. But Coco as a teacher, what would that even be like? A thought worth exploring, but at another time. "I think we can manage that," Ramona answers Mhairi. She hadn't mentioned any particulars about the measurements of the fans, so Ramona glances down at the Elemental's arms and hands, making an estimate for later use.

Alex has her attention while he makes an accounting of himself and his capabilities. Her eyes flick down as the thorns emerge from his knuckles, thinking of her own knuckles, and the tortures they've all had to endure. She returns her attention to his face as he goes on, with a thoughtful expression. There are many ways he could be useful, but most of them would work better if he were sworn-in. Mainly because they involve introducing him to other Freeholders, and Ramona doesn't want to be responsible for that if he turns out wrong. "It wouldn't hurt us if you wanted to start making those journalistic contacts here that you've made elsewhere," she suggests. "Other than that, leave me your number. If I need something, I'll call."

She spots gravewight making his way to the exit, and pushes off the railing. In a few quick strides, she's caught up with him. "Hey Daniel, before you go," she says, stopping him. She takes a moment, looking him right in the eyes. Then she frowns, lips pursing into a thin line, as she considers how to articulate her thoughts. It's her first time doing one of these. "... Ah fuck it. I was going to come up with a better way to say it, but here it is: I'm appointing you to the office of Ranger, under my authority as General," She tells him, finally, tucking her hands into her pockets. "If you'll accept the position."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

Daniel grinned and laughed at Ramona’s joke. His expression faltered a little when he saw how serious she was. He glanced back at the other two courtiers of the Iron Spear but they weren’t giggling or anything either. But… this had to be a joke right? Poke a little fun at the Winter for joining their training. He could understand some good natured hazing. However, that didn’t seem to be the case and when he looked back to the General it was with some confusion and a slight bit of concern.

“Heh, you’re, uh, being serious,” the words were almost a question, since Daniel still couldn’t quite wrap his head around the idea of her asking him to take on the position.

“I can’t fight,” he explained quietly with some unease, not really wanting to contradict the Freehold's General. She had to know that, though, right? It was why he’d come here in the first place and asked to learn. He’d said as much just a few minutes ago. Another glance was spared behind him, hoping to see they were having him on after all.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4

4. Likes , InvertedMonkey liked this post

Oh yes. She's serious. Her expression remains sober as Daniel's grin withers and dies an agonizingly awkward death. The ogress waits patiently for Daniel to realize that the offer was genuine. And then to voice the first objection. "Can't, or won't?" She asks, one eyebrow arching up skeptically. Everybody can fight. Most people just choose not to. "You came here to ask to practice with us. We can teach you how to fight. But that's not why I want you." She leans back against the railing again, crossing her arms, "You have tools that will help me do my job better. A different perspective. Intelligence, and sound judgement. You don't lack courage, or determination. And you can do things I can't, like speak with the dead." She pauses, then shrugs. "I think you can do this, and I think you'll be good at it. But if you won't, refuse the appointment. No harm, no foul. I'll understand."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

Daniel gave Ramona a 'you know what mean' look. He could fight, he would fight, he'd just be absolutely garbage at it. It was a relief to hear that it wasn't his combat prowess she was interested in. All the same, while he appreciated her compliments, he still couldn't help but feel they still had different ideas of what a ranger would be doing.

"What would be my duties?" he asked, his normal calm returning a bit, though his smile didn't make a reappearance just yet. Knowing what 'this' meant he'd have a better idea whether he'd really be able to do it.

7. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Watching the General and the (Maybe) Ranger's back and forth was exactly like a tennis match. Or pong. Mhairi nods, pong was better. She didn't understand anything about tennis, but she got pong. And it made sounds! Beeps and pings. She nods again. Everything was better with beeps and pings.

Mhairi's fell-flame gaze follows the gentle 'pinging' of their back and forth. This was completely revolutionizing everything the elemental knew about Court politics (which admittedly wasn't all that much) but maybe the Council was a good thing if the Summer General would allow an awkward Autumn girl into the Summer place of-probably-awesomer-at-night, and ask a Winter to be one of her Rangers...it was just, well...awesome to see.

After the ogress answers the darkling, because the sparkly-star girl wanted to know what a Ranger's duties were too, she waves. Blinking as her quicksilver spatter burns up before it-uh spatters. "Uh-hi!" she squeaks, flushing at the attention she's drawn. "Erm...I really don't know anything about you." She says quickly to Daniel. "But-uh if the muscle-y, muscle-y General of-umm...thinks, you'd be-uh awesome at-at this. You probably will be." she says with a crooked smile, while she silently asks herself if she should give up the world 'awesome'.

Nah.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Well this was a new development. The Summer General trying to induct a Fall Courtier into their ranks. Admittedly, he was locked out of the loop of politics last time he was in a Freehold. But this never would have happened there, the rivalry between Courts was too strong in Houston. The Summer Court was too busy keeping the Fall Court from becoming even moderately powerful to bother partnering up with them. Still, he felt this was very much outside of the norm. No matter the locale, he imagined a non-Summer being elected into a Summer position was no simple feat. It made him curious about this Daniel fellow and the relationship between him and Ramona. You had to have a lot of flak to get a position offer like that. Or at least, he imagined you did. Again, working only off of a general idea of the importance of roles.

"I'd take it if I were you," Charles said as he walked closer to conversation, drink still in hand. "Summer position held by someone of the opposite Court? I don't see ANYTHING possibly going wrong. And if you refuse, I don't know about you, but I don't think she'll make this offer twice. Fortune favors the bold."

Alex Rivers

Alex is also encouraged by the offer simply because it would have never, ever happened in Redding. The Summers there would have been too busy shoving a Winter like Daniel into a locker or trying to give him a swirly or something. But as he knows next to nothing about the people involved it's not his place to speculate on whether accepting the offer would be a good idea. But the other newcomers have spoken up already. Is he expected to weigh in?

"I'm brand new here and know none of the context, so I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but Courts working together definitely beats the alternative. One of the biggest reasons Redding is such a snakepit is that the Seasons can't stand each other. It sounds like it was the same way for Charles in Houston. Again I have no way to know whether this particular pairing will work, but in general, Winters learning more about fighting, Summers learning about being sneaky and so forth can only be a good thing."

Arms still folded, Ramona holds back a smirk as the rest of the Lost present step in to do her work for her. It's kind of mean. Peer-pressure, and all. And really, this should be solely Daniel's decision. But that decision can be informed by knowing that he'd have the support of the rest of the community. And what an excellent job they're doing displaying that. "The way I see it," she says, finally getting a chance to answer the Winter's questions, "My office has two priorities; conducting the defense and security of the Freehold, and defeating those enemies that threaten the Freehold. Your duties are basically to... help me do that," she finally settles on, "However you can. Sometimes that'll probably mean fighting. It'll also mean going on Hedge patrols, making sure Freehold events are secure, actively searching for possible threats, and whatever other missions I might assign you, 'cause I can't be everywhere at once. And training. If someone wants skills that will help them, and us as a Freehold, be safer and stronger... I think my office should support that." She shrugs, "We also have two important, immediate objectives," she untangles one arm to hold out her hand, first one finger, "Finding out where Fairweather and his goons are at," then the another finger, "And finding a weakness or a strategy we can use to take him down."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

Daniel gave a gentle smile to Mhairi for her sweet endorsement. He also gave one to Charles and Alex but he wasn't sure they understood that according to standard Winter philosophy their reasoning was actually more of a reason for him to refuse.

It was Ramona's words he was waiting for though. While Charles and Alex may see this as a Summer position, Daniel knew it was more than that. Ramona had said she wasn't recruiting him for his fighting skills after all. He gave a small half smile at her simplified description of his duties. Oh was that all? Defend the Freehold and defeat its enemies. Well that shouldn't be too difficult. He kept listening. Patrols he could do. Hedge patrols...

"So long as you don't expect me to do that by myself."

The other stuff didn't seem too far off from what he already did. Kind of. Keeping events secure was sort of everyone's responsibility; searching for threats would come naturally; he was more than happy to offer whatever training he could if anyone ever decided they wanted to see dead people (it had yet to happen but he could hope). The only really other really new things would be getting missions from Ramona. And reporting to her specifically as well. Sounded like she wanted him more as a scout than anything. It maybe overlapped with the Spymaster and his spies a little but it seemed different enough. Less cloak and dagger; more martial.

Daniel considered it all for a minute. It was something he could do. Only the fighting and Hedge patrols were where he might be shaky. Although, he had already gone on a couple Hedge expeditions. Not that they always turned out well, but he had gone on them. So long as he had back up, he was fine with that. As for fighting, he had already asked to start learning.

"Okay, so long as I get a partner for patrols, you can sign me up," he finally said.

13. Likes , InvertedMonkey liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread