Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1601) Sanctuary 1

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

The Bismarck meeting hall is closed to the public tonight as the Silver Ladder prepare to host yet another Consilium for the Magi of Sacramento. Tonight is meant to be informal, though there are many official matters that Truce is eager to discuss with the Council members. Some announcements are to be made, but it had been too short of notice to arrange for a more formal gathering.

A spread of foodstuffs lay out on a long table including fruit baskets, carrots and celery, buttered biscuits, cheese and crackers, deviled eggs, meatballs, shrimp and cocktail sauce, with an assortment of sugary pastries next to dispensers of iced tea, water, and a small keg of domestic beer.

Truce himself stands by the entryway, greeting those who arrive with simple and pleasant 'hellos' and 'good evenings'. For those members of the Council he asks that they be willing to have a word with him once they have settled in.

He wears a dark suit with a checkered shirt beneath and dark blue tie.

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    L
    LoneRanger

As the event has to start, I move afoot with slow and methodic pace toward the Bismark. The place isn't new to me, and I wear a black suit with a white shirt. The black suit isn't anything exceptional, normal tissue, nothing really special. Arriving at the enryway, I notice a familiar figure. I shuffle, with a nod, toward him. Then I say to him friendly.

"Dear Truce, pleased to meet you.

M
    Matrixchild

Early was July's thing when it came to Consilium. He headed over with his guns hidden, his hat on, and dressed in his usual button up shirt style. A thought floated through July's head as he headed inside; that it seemed like the Bismarck was becoming a hotspot to hold Consilium as of late.

Walking inside his eyes hit it and a thirsty part of him compelled himself to head straight for the key and poor himself a glass. Maybe it was a bad idea but he just couldn't resist a drink. He was oh so thirsty afterall.

With his glass in his hand he took a sip and headed back to the door towards Truce and Pelican saying, "Hello gentlemen. How are you doing?"

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-01-26 14:40:57 July rolls 6 to Time Shield (Time+Gnos+HS) (10 Again) 6, 1, 8, 9, 7, 9 3 successes
    2016-01-26 14:40:39 July rolls 6 to Time Sight (Time+Gnos+HS) (10 Again) 6, 3, 6, 4, 8, 4 1 success

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The day had come, her first Consilium since returning. Well, when coming back, one wants to make an entrance, yet make a good impression. So she had picked out a new black pants suit. It was all one piece, and fitted just enough to enhance her curves, yet not too much to look cheap. She straightened her hair and left it down with just a light touch of makeup. She wanted to come across as more serious to the Awakened around her, and hoped her attire would help.

She takes a deep breath as she approaches the Bismarck, find a parking space for her car. Grabbing her coffee, she goes into the building, blue eyes looking around at those gathered. A smile was offered to Truce, and those with him. Not quite sure where to begin, she makes her way over to the offered food, picking something sugary and turning to observe the room. She would be lying to herself if she didn’t admit she wasn’t nervous. Sure, Crowley and Emrys had been welcoming, that didn’t mean others would be.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Time for another general meeting, it seemed. Well, the last one had certainly been interesting. It was time to see whether that was a regular thing with these gatherings.

Varyx arrived with a few minutes to spare, dressed in textured blue. She offered Truce a genuine smile and returned his greeting when she walked in. "It's good to see you, Truce." Her gaze turned then to Pelican and July, and she offered them each a smile of their own, each expression changing slightly, as if remembering a joke she had shared with each. "Evening, gentlemen." She was going to say something more, but she caught sight of Faye, then, and she lifted a brow. A new face? She offered the men a quick, apologetic smile. "It seems I have some introductions to make."

Crossing the room towards the buffet table, Varyx poured herself a drink, giving the mystery blonde a chance to notice her presence before she approached. She was wondering whether this woman was so new as to have missed the meeting of new blood, or whether she was simply a longer-term member of the Consilium who had missed the last meeting. She approached Faye with a genial smile. "Should I be saying welcome, or welcome back?" she asked, amusement in her tone. A hand outstretched for Faye to shake, should she so desire to. "You can call me Varyx, or Vanessa, if you like."

T
    Trismegistus

Faust was dressed in a nice pressed white button-up shirt, a tweed jacket, with a light grey bow-tie. While these items were par for the course in his general dress it seemed to those who knew him that these clothes were of higher quality than he generally wore. The professor entered the room, his face bent down and stuck in a book and it seemed to take him a moment to actually look up. His first reaction was a bit of a surprise at seeing Truce, but a quick glance around the room showed Pelican, Varyx, and July which seemed to convince him that he was in the right place. "Good evening," he said, offering a hand to the man at the door, "I don't believe we've been introduced, my name is Faust."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Aw yeah. The Councilor of Pandemonium, rolling up into the Bismark like a straight badass. 90's sweater, shades, and a propeller hat. Move over Gandalf. Nothing said 'Enlightened Master' better than that.

Which, in many ways, it actually did. The sweater. The hat. They were symbols. One to reference auras, the realm of emotion, the mind. The other gave thought to movement, impossible movement, and movement all beginning on the seat of the mind.

So move over Gandalf. There was another walking symbol in town...But more on that later. For now...

"Truce," Avis greeted the Moros Councilor, extending a hand. Face blank, though not for the want of a smile. "We should talk. Though I want to open the floor for everyone. At least, for my topic."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

9. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

At the end of every rainbow, there's a...

...chia pet?

A chia pet on steroids. It's the humidity, yo. And the mostly-regrown hair. It's a perfect storm for turning what would eventually be a mop into a chia pet on 'roids. I Am Jack's Awkward and Unfortunate Forehead. As bright as the one was, the other was dark. Dark t-shirt, dark oxford, dark jacket, dark pants, dark gloves.

It's a mourning thing. Couple of super magical people died this month.

From the shadow rainbow glare of Avis, a smile and glove pops up in a wave at Truce .
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley appears. His leather trench coat hugs his form, the collar pulled high to protect his face against the inclement, wintry, weather. His hair is a shaggy mess and a cigarette hangs long and limp from his mouth. Steel toed boots scuff heavily on the floor.

For once he turns up to chapel sober. Perhaps not for long though, he stalks across to the keg, joining July as he prepares for himself a golden libation. At least, he gives the Guardian a respectful nod as he approaches. Once he has procured for himself a drink, he turns his attention to Truce with a nod and a significant look.

Still standing by the keg, the Acanthus' errant eyes rove across the other faces, especially the ladies Faye Varyx before seeking out, with some reluctance, the other Councillor in their midst Avis .

"Its about time. I have a good feeling about this one." He spoke to everyone and no one. Anything else he said was lost behind his beer.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Pleasantries are exchanged with a simple nod and a soft smile to his Provost, the Sentinel, and his Cabalmate.

"Welcome back, Faye," he says to the familiar figure of Faye as she graces the hall of their Order. It is a pleasant surprise to see her.

He accepts Faust's handshake with a scholarly grip. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Faust. I am Truce, Councilor for the Moros and member of the Silver Ladder. Please, make yourself comfortable. Hopefully I'll be more available later for conversation if you wish to get more acquainted." A polite way of expressing that he would not be able to speak more for the moment.

"And you as well, Varyx," Truce replies to the sultry Warlock.

The next hand to clasp belongs to Avis. "Councilor. Yes, I had hoped announcements would be made early in the evening. I've only one matter of pressing news to share. The rest can wait. In a few minutes, when more have arrived, you may have the floor."

His gaze drifts behind her to Star and another smile appears while Truce returns the wave. He wonders if the choice of attire had anything to do with their training on the subtleties within the Path of Doom.

13. Likes West liked this post
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread