Watch

(Pipeworks) Hanging Around-Take 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Morgan Bellanar

([Pipeworks] Hanging Around-Take 2)Open Scene Spent
    PRE

Pipeworks was always a fun spot to visit for the woman currently climbing between the sets of handholds. Sweat didn't affect her grip and her breathing was even though deep. The woman's actions was something the staff would usually yell at folks for doing but they'd seem to have given up with this visitor. It was probably something to do with the fact that Morgan was really good at it. She'd once heard some of the staff talking about hiring her. Something about obvious expertise.

Nobody had spoken to Morgan directly about it so instead the Twilit Page focused on enjoying the "boulder" climbs. She'd wished she had known these, routes she thought they called them, from the start. Going without the ropes made it feel a little less like a kiddey ride to Morgan.

Morgan handled the dismount from one route with a simple jump and rolled on landing. She took the break to get some water before she went for another one.

Climbing is undervalued. As a survival skill, and as a method of exercise. Ramona wishes she'd been to this place more, heard about it earlier. Climbing is fun. It lets her use her muscles, but also practice some flexibility and agility. Just the sort of thing she needs to keep her unusual physiology from becoming crippling. She's emerging from the changing room now, hair tied back (for once) into a small bun at the back of her head, dressed in a sports bra, tank top, and she'd even sprung for a pair of climbing pants. She blinks when she sees a fellow Changeling in front of a water fountain just beyond the door. "Morgan," a hint of surprise, but not unwelcome, in her voice. "Hey. What's up?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Ramona's attire was a little more professional then Morgan's. They'd almsot dressed the same except Morgan's trousers were simple neoprene jogging pants. Though with her claws, climbing kit was often an after thought. Morgan spluttered with the water, surprised by the blacksmith's arrival. The traceur first shook her head, then wiped her face with her sleeve to get rid of the water. She turned to face Ramona, "Heh-salutations to ye tah-too Ramona. Um...figuratively Imma just exercising with-ow-out risk of needles or broken glass on landing," she smiled and chuckled, "Literally question? I'd sssay," she started to point behind Ramona but a man's cry in surprise, followed by a couple of light thumps made the Beast wince and grimace, "Um, n-n-not that dood. Heh, sssafety line twas good for heh-him."

Morgan refocused back on Ramona, "So~o, how art ye doing heh-heh? Oh-oh, and congrats on dah-the new kah-club status, heh." The new General couldn't have been looking for the Twilit Page, right? There were more private places to meet then this.

She winces in sympathy as the 'dood' bounces at the end of his rope. Better than smacking into the floor, but still unpleasant. Still, nice to hear Morgan crack a joke once in a while. "I'm doing alright. And... thanks." Its weird. Ramona's never really run for anything before. She was elected Constable based on the will of the Freehold, not any campaign of her own. But how could she keep complaining about the 'Hold's security and not run for General, when nobody else seemed to want the job? "Don't imagine I'll have it easy, but it's work that needs doing," she finally says, with a nod. "Did I catch you taking a break, or were you done for the day?" It'd be nice to climb with a partner. No doubt Morgan would far outclass her abilities, but that just means Ramona could learn a thing or two.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded along with Ramona, glad them someone devoted and competent had become the general. "Ah-and no offense, b-b-but Imma very relieved I didn't win the vote for ye old office, heh-heh." Because she'd have made a terrible sheriff. She then shook her head in the negative, "Oh nay-nay-nay, I am not done for the day. Just re-hydrating...Um...Nay inquire if ye tis here to climb...wazz ye lookie-lookie for rope or free climbing?"

The ogress's smile turns a little sly. It's futile to compete with Morgan in climbing, of course. But she has an impulse to... be taken seriously. Take on the tougher challenge today, just to show she can. "Free climbing," she answers. "I won't say I'm the best at it, but it's fun. Why? Know a good route?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan's face changed into a large grin, her eyes daring around to several of the spots. "Heh-heh yup, I ken s-s-some good ones. How'sa 'bout we try, hmm..." she turns her head several times to focus on several of the climbs. After a moment she focuses on one that, while not the easiest isn't the hardest either, "T-that one could be a godo-good start." she points it out to Ramona.

If the General agrees, the Twilit Page will scamper over to the wall and get ready for their climb.

"Sounds good," Ramona agrees, following Morgan over to the wall and eyeing it critically. "So do you come in here a lot? I sort of imagined you out on the streets and on the rooftops, most of the time."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded, "P-plenty. Yes I d-d-do prefer outside bu~ut not in some weather. Like rain," Morgan stuck out her tongue at the thought, "Water-down-back-and-in-shoes, blegh" she shuddered. Then she focused on the wall. "L-lets try heh-here."

Morgan jumped up to try to get a start on the wall.

Movin' on up
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-02-07 22:28:37 Morgan Bellanar rolls 11 to Climb (10 Again) 3, 6, 3, 7, 9, 8, 4, 5, 3, 6, 8 3 successes

She paused to take a look down at Ramona, "Easy yes?" she kept watching her friend to see if the woman needed help or pointers.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Ramona , coming up on 1 month mark. Do you wish to continue or just end scene?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread