Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

OOC: I did read the whole 'We Need Pie' scene, and I was so bummed when you had to write me/Mhairi out, but I'm just going to say that Mhairi was to stunned to grab the numbers.

'Oh did Coco mean what we did for a living? Er...oops.' Mhairi thinks as she listens to Evelynn's answer. Mhairi remembered the ogress, and her muscle-y muscles, and smiled at Evelynn's bright recommendation for her too get into contact with her. "You might have to give me her number, I'm not sure if I saved it to my contacts list." Mhairi finishes with a sheepish grin.

Mhairi swallowed, 'Best swordsmen in the Freehold?' suddenly the wasp looked a might bit more intimidating. "Uh. Keeping my skill sharp would be good. Normaly my fan dance," the elemenatl gives a silly smile as she uses Coco's description of her skills, "is more of a...last resort thing...I thought swearing on my blade skill would make me want to improve it...or something...sorry if that sounds...silly." she looks down once more, unsure and awkward. "But that's a good idea. About Ramona I mean."

She falls silent as Coco asks Hank and Evelynn about the possibility of a disguised mailbox.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

A mailbox? What an interesting idea! It sounded so neat!

"Oh! Wow! That's such a cool idea!" she gushed, grinning. Only, then it occurred to her that she wasn't sure she was quite capable of what Coco was asking. At least, not yet. A pale hand came up to scratch the back of her neck and she blushed. "Er. I don't know if it's what you meant, but I can't make like... tokens or anything. I'd like to learn, someday, but for now, my inventions are mostly mundane. I mean, I could surely make a mailbox out of something that doesn't look like a mailbox. Maybe give it a keyhole that doesn't look like it should fit a key. Hide it like that. If that's what you mean? But I don't think I could do any kind of magical, contract-y sorts of hiding." Her tone got less embarrassed and more thoughtful, like she was thinking out loud, the more the spoke. She was staring off into space, biting her lip as she obviously tried to work out some of the details in her head... "Actually!" Her voice got abruptly louder again, and her gaze snapped to Coco with a smile. "Do you know any Tokencrafters in the Hold? Maybe they could teach me!"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Well, speak with someone from Autumn about it," the Wasp replied nochalantly. "I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction, but as far as I'm concerned, tokens are quite irrelevant for what I want. You see, I want to establish a way for the Freehold to share information with each other without having to worry about it being compromised. I think if we had a secure drop box at every Court property, we could make that happen. That way anyone could leave a missive sharing what they've learned, or what they're doing, and we could compile it all into a newsletter to be shared at Court events.

"The trouble is," Coco elaborated, "we have to be circumspect when we have people deposit such missives. That's why we need the boxes to be disguised and why we need them to be secure in case they are discovered. Surely an inventor and a mechanic could figure out something to that effect."

Unless, of course, inventing wasn't Evelynn's strong suite. But, if that was the case, why she would even mention it was beyond Coco. And, speaking of which, that inspired another question for the timid Elemental beside her.

"Oh, and before I forget, Mhairi, just what, exactly, is your foremost talent?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

M
    Matrixchild

Hank listened intently as Coco talked about sparing. He wasn't sure he was interested in the idea of sparing himself but he found the idea that they may spar fascinating. Then again, maybe he'd enjoy it in the future.

At the question of mailboxes and Evelynn's response Hank replied, "I'd have to really think about if I'd be capable of assisting with that. It's definitely outside my normal skill set. I think if I had the right materials possibly, but I don't think I'd be the first choice for it."

He understood the need or desire for such a device, but he just wasn't comfortable being the creator of something so valuable, not without more confidence in his skills.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The elemental stays silent as the others discuss the drop-box, Mhairi could easily see the benefit of a changeling only drop-box. Back home, The Family had something similar.

'Somehow I doubt Coco is asking about my aptitude for ill-luck spewing, sparkly starness...Well I've never been ashamed of my skills why start now?'
    Mhairi thinks after the wasp asks after her primary skill set.

"I'm a thief." Mhairi says, a hint of challenge in her fell-flame gaze.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

PRE

Evelynn was listening carefully to each of Coco's suggestions, nodding here and there, obviously distracted by the thought of working on such an object. She could do that, sure. Especially now that it was clear she meant only a mundane disguise for the box. Ideas, ideas, ideas....

It was probably rude, but she'd stopped listening to the rest of the conversation while her mind went wild with possibilities for the invention in question. It wasn't until Mhairi responded by saying she was a thief that Evelynn came back out of her day-dream and blinked at the Elemental in shock. "A thief? Really? Like... the kind where you break into safes?" Maybe she could get Mhairi to test the security of the dropbox once she came up with a good design.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Coco looked back to the trio after a very lengthy sip from her flask.

"A thief? Oh, wonderful. Quite dashing," Coco chatted. "Certainly an eclectic group we make, don't we? An inventor, a mechanic, a thief, and a blade. Quite the Freehold we make."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

M
    Matrixchild

A mental eyebrow is raised at Mhairi labeling herself a thief. People do that? Just straight up call themselves thieves? I mean, people don't walk around and admit, 'I'm a child molester,' or 'I'm a drug addict,' or 'I'm a murderer.' Why is it thieves who think it's okay to be open about their criminal behavior? He paused his thoughts for a moment though and realized he was being incredibly judgmental, probably more than was warranted. All that could come out of his mouth was, "well that's interesting." Interesting. A word people forget doesn't always mean something positive.

He turned towards Cosima as she continued her vocal thoughts. This one seems to be missing some type of verbal filter. Or maybe that was the point, to make you think one thing when she's really something totally different. Why is it the talkers that always made Hank suspicious?

"At least we're a diverse group," he added.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Ah...more like the kind that lifts wallets." Mhairi told the inventor with a smirk, "Buut, I always wanted to learn how to crack a safe. You never know when a skill like that would come in handy, especially in the wacky hedge places we get to see."

"Interesting is one word for it."
    Mhairi turns towards Hank after he speaks, "Sometimes its the only way me and my people-family, survive."

The elemental laughs lightly after Coco finishes, "Yeah, we're like a real motley crew." she smiles, but it takes her a heartbeat, then another to realize just what she said. "Shit! Sorry! I didn't mean motley like Motley. I meant - Oh gods..." she trails off, her moonlit skin flushing from her embarrassment as she placed her face into her hands, groaning. The elemental knew how testy other changelings could get if even the barest hint of a Motley was mentioned, and here she is blurting it out!

'First I need more words...then I use to many. My brain to mouth filter needs fine tuning. Maybe Evelynn could invent me a better one.'

11. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Mein

Mantle

Pledges

PRE

Evelynn shrugged at Mhairi's answer. Oh well. Didn't seem like she'd be the type to help her thief-safe the message boxes. Though now she had to wonder if she could use her knowledge to help Mhairi learn how to crack safes...

She was only half-listening to the groups little cracks about the strangeness of their little group, and it drew her attention only when Mhairi's voice got faintly louder when she cursed. She didn't mean motley like Motley? Oh, right. Now she could see why she might have misspoke. Still. Was even using the word that offensive? Evelynn found herself wanting to reassure the pretty elemental that it was okay, but what did Evelynn actually know? Maybe it wasn't. She wasn't offended, but that didn't mean she knew Coco and Hank wouldn't be.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread