Ended
Watch

Edwin Meets the Seneschal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    s
    sumthingpositiv

After hanging up her phone, Katya returns to her seat, mentally going over the duty of the upcoming week. Mainly, infiltrating Couturies bunker. It wouldn't be too long before she heads out with the others. She tries to imagine every possible scenario but at the end of the night, she would have to wait until physically being there. Perhaps it would be time to speak with Martha soon in the event she didn't return.

All the while, she waits for Edwin Edwin Bridges to arrive. katya is dressed more casually for the evening, wearing a leather vest over a tank top and jeans. It was nice to take a break from dressing formally, especially since every time she was dressed in such formal wear drama usually followed.

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

It was only a short trip for Edwin to get to Nox and his meeting with the Seneschal, glad that she could spare some time for the Lord. Obviously, he wasn't stupid and knew that this could end up being a short visit if things went on a downward spiral but it was a risk Edwin would have to take. He needed to take.

Parking the muscle car not far away, Edwin made sure that his switchblade was locked away in the glove box, and his other stuff locked in the trunk. Rules were rules, and one didn't violate rules where it wasn't necessary.

Damn, I hope it ain't necessary.

The stray thought passed through his mind as he descended into the basement, looking around for Katya. Wearing his black leather coat over an Iron Maiden Trooper tee and faded jeans, the belt buckle for tonight is something reminiscent of the deep ocean. As his eyes clapped upon the Seneschal, Edwin had to quickly, violently rein in the screaming hatred Axel sent through his already-untrusting mind. Luckily, in Elysium, it helped to control the bitter Beast.

With a grin, Edwin walked over to greet Katya, extending a tattooed hand. In the brief time they had met through Wooding, it wasn't easy to forget how striking her pale skin was.

"Evening, Seneschal. Thanks for taking time out to meet with me. Edwin Bridges, at your service."
    Scenes

s
    sumthingpositiv

The moment she hears the footsteps of Edwin, Katya looks up just in time for her eyes to roll in the back of her head, her hands planted firmly into her desk as her fingers curl. She wants nothing more than to peel his flesh off and wear his tattooed skin like a pelt, but then her cognizant mind reminds her that he is a Friend, and that makes it easier for her to fall back into her consciousness.

"GOod evening Mr. Bridges. Please have a seat. Welcome back to Sacramento, I hope your sabbatical was pleasant."

The charming nature of Edwin is remembered and she sits comfortably in her chair to hear more about his adventures that pulled him away from the domain.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Note to self: No handshakes.

Lowering his hand to the seat opposite Katya, Edwin continued to smile easily as he pulled it out, the constant screaming in his ear slowly subsiding as he settled down physically. Mentally, he couldn't help but worry.

The comment didn't exactly come as a surprise but seeing as the Lord was shit at prevaricating, Edwin did his best nonchalant shrug before answering. "Oh, you know. A summer spent partying and praying," he chuckled, hoping to Hel to pass the conversation by shifting some weight onto the Gangrel's position. "Congratulations on being made Seneschal," he genuinely said, crossing his arms across his chest. "Seriously, it must be a tiring role."
    Scenes

s
    sumthingpositiv

As soon as Edwin lowers his hand, Katya shakes her head and extends hers out. "I apologize Mr. Bridges, i didn't see your hand out there. I have a tendency to have tunnel vision when fighting for control over my monster inside me and that sometimes leads to me making inappropriate social faux pas."

Assuming he extends it a second time, she gives it a firm squeeze before sitting down herself. Mimicking his own laugh as she rests in her chair. "Well that sounds like you had a lovely time." she raises an eyebrow and maintains her smile, albeit a bit forced as she recalls the memories of her current tenure of Seneschal...definitely not quite what she expected.

"Thank you. It can be trying at times, but then again, it has been a welcome challenge since I accepted it many months ago. I'm certainly learning new things that i never would have considered before coming here and that has been a valuable education." Particularly when it comes to the steps leading to the destruction of others.

Clasping her hands together she asks "Now that you're back, what is it you plan on doing? It's certainly good to see another Acolyte in the city. I dont know if you're aware, but our new Hierophant is Tomas Warren, another Family member." she isn't sure what Edwin's ties were to Chris, and so she watches his body language to see how pleasant or unpleasant the news is.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Of course, his hand reaches out from his chest to take takes her own, the smile remaining as they shake. "Don't worry about it," Edwin easily comments, letting any error slide. "We've all been caught unawares sometimes."

"A valuable education?" the Lord chuckled before reciting one of the Circles key philosophies. "Tribulation certainly brings enlightenment. Running a domain must be extremely enlightening."

At Katya's question, his hands lowered to his lap, resting over his belt buckle, fingers tracing the tentacles. "Well, truth be told, I was aiming to set up my own tattoo parlour but never got round to it. The sticky issue of tenancy, and getting round to speaking to someone about it."

News of the new Hierophant did cause Edwin to frown. To say he and Chris were friends would be going too far. They certainly had similar ideals, however, the pair simply hadn't spoken of anything akin to friendship. "I'll have to get my ass in gear and introduce myself to Mr. Warren then. See if I can get reinstated as out Skald once more. Can I ask, is the Farm still ours, or are we meeting somewhere else these nights?"
    Scenes

s
    sumthingpositiv

"Heh, that is an understatement." Katya says to Edwin in regards to tribulation. Indeed it was hard, she knew that, she just didn't think being Seneschal would bring to to adopting behaviors and attitudes that were quite different from herself.

Examining his tattoos, she did remember hearing about his particular skill in tatooing kindrid. "I understand, it took me a while before I was hired at the Asylum. Our Priscus these nights is Konrad Roth. since you'll have to speak with him anyway in terms of being Acknowledged once more, you can bring it up to him. Unless of course you already spoke with him?""

She catches Edwin's displease look at the announcement of a new Hierophant and anticipates having to explain Chris' leave, something she herself doesn't quite know. "The Farm is still ours." she says with a nod. "Hierophant Warren has asked that any prospective kindred interested in joining us be sent to him. He's quite understanding and so I'm sure he will be open to discussing that with you."

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

That was twice now, sealing the first hadn't been a mistake; the Seneschal assumed he was of Savage blood.

Obviously, Edwin knew of Konrad, and knee of the man's Clan. He simply couldn't let Katya be mistaken any longer.

"It seems there may be some confusion, Seneschal. What Clan do you think I am a part of?" he asks with a knowing grin.
    Scenes

s
    sumthingpositiv

When Edwin halts the conversation Katya does so as well, already having a sinking feeling in her stomach that she had made another error with Edwin.

"Prior to you asking, I had assumed you to be of our clan but evidently, I am mistaken." Closing her eyes for a moment and letting a sigh escape her lips she says "Well this is embarrassing to let appearances dictate my assumptions. I suppose my thoughts on what a Savage looks like had applied to you and thus, I overlooked the need to confirm your Clan ties. My apologies again Mr. Bridges." . she says with a humble nod.

In this Domain with the way things are, how have I not been ashed?

"Nevertheless, let me rectify my own ignorance. Could you please tell me which Clan you are part of?"

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Trust me, I ain't offended," Edwin grins, spreading his hands out slightly, opening up. "I can understand where an assumption like that can spring from. Believe it or not, I am of Clan Ventrue."

And we never lose, he thought, proudly, to himself.

"Going back a step or two," Eddie added, quickly moving on so as not to cause anymore embarrassment, "I know Konrad well enough. We both arrived in Sac-Town around the same time last year."

Also saved my ass but I won't say that out-loud.

"As for Hierophant Warren, I'll make certain to drop by. If you've got his contact number, I'd be eternally grateful."
    Scenes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.