Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Reports at the Park

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

There were plenty of places July could have chosen. He could have chose a bar. He could have chose a warehouse. But what July liked about parks was that you can see a person coming from a good bit away, and this particular park had a pond, with double sided park benches. One could sit so their back was to the pond and get a full view of the park. No hidden listeners. No secret spies.

He had left with his usual protections, but upon getting to the site he added an additional one. Imagining the Imago in his mind he willed Fate to guide people away, shifting their luck so that unsuspecting eyes and ears would wander in a different direction this evening. As soon as the spell was in place he made himself comfortable and waited for Truce.

Sight - 3 pot, Shield - 2 pot, Shift the Odds - pot 1
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-10 15:57:24 July rolls 4 to Shifting the Odds (Fate+Gnosis) (10 Again) 8, 5, 7, 2 1 success
    2015-11-10 15:56:29 July rolls 6 to Fate Shield (Fate+Gnos+HS) (10 Again) 3, 9, 1, 9, 4, 2 2 successes
    2015-11-10 15:56:18 July rolls 6 to Fate Sight (Fate+Gnos+HS) (10 Again) 10, 7, 8, 5, 2, 4, 8 3 successes

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

The choice of a public park does not full Truce with confidence, but perhaps the Magi were not familiar enough with each other to extend invitations to Sanctums. Truce weaves a Shielding against Time about him to disguise his footprint against Postcognition. He extends his sight into the Tapestry of consciousness, feeling out potential eavesdroppers and signs of mental manipulation. He finds the Sentinel soon enough. He approaches, clearing his throat to ensure July notices him.

"Good evening, July. I'm afraid I don't have the benefit of masking the sounds of our voices, but I will be aware if anyone does come close enough to hear," says the Councilor in way of greeting.

"I have some pressing news to share with you that concerns the security of our community, and I'd rather not wait until the next gathering to tell you." Truce sits beside him on the park bench, folding his hands together in his lap.

Time Shield, 4suxx | Sense Consciousness + Mind Sight, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-11 08:39:06 Truce rolls 7 to cast Shield of Chronos [Gno+Time+HS] (10 Again) 9, 6, 1, 4, 8, 3, 10, 8 4 successes
    2015-11-11 08:38:13 Truce rolls 8 to cast combined rote (Sense Con+Third Eye) [WIT+Emp+Mind-2+HS] (10 Again) 5, 6, 7, 3, 1, 4, 8, 4 1 success
    -1 mana for improvised non-ruling arcana

M
    Matrixchild

"Me either, but we shouldn't have any surprise guests. Fate should be guiding people away." He always spoke about Fate like it was an actual being. Unlike the other Arcana Fate was ambiguous. It was mysterious. It was fickle. To July that felt like it was not simple controlled like the others, but that it had a mind of its own and so he always asked Fate for assistance instead of commanding it.

Hearing Truce's statement of security July said up straight and said, "I'm listening."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce nods at July's reassurances. They each held their own strengths and awareness to ensure they could speak freely.

He keeps his voice low to keep it from carrying too far. "You know that Temoins du Sud has been investigating a Sleepwalker by the name of Rabbit. She had an interest in exploring the Sacramento University Library for a hidden cache. We used this opportunity to sneak into the library at night and made several discoveries relating to the Banisher's presence there. The first is that they have a powerful Ghost in their service. We also discovered a weapon which we managed to secure. And we encountered the Banishers themselves. Four of them who attacked our Cabal and killed Rabbit in the process."

"I'm sure you have questions. I'll answer those as best as I can."

M
    Matrixchild

July sat, not so much in shock, but in surprise to hear that Truce and his cabal had done. He was surprised to find out how much they had actually done. Though he didn't like being in the dark for this long, he had a new found respect for the man. Keep his tone low to match Truce July said, "Well first we'll get those bastards. Killing a sleeperwalker...they make me sick." He paused for a moment to think on her death. He didn't know her but she would be avenged regardless.

"I don't know much about ghosts, I'm assuming that's more up your alley, but tell me about these discoveries to the Banisher's presence as well as the weapon you secured." The weapon was certainly the thing he found most interesting.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

July's desire for justice earns an appreciative yet soft smile from the Councilor.

"Yes, their actions demonstrate their conviction to see that the Truth remains buried beneath the Lie. I hope to see them held responsible. And yes, the matter of the Ghost would be best left to my care. I believe she remains bound to two objects carried by the Banishers in the form of a ring and a broach. I believe she alerted them of our trespassing. I am certain they are using the library as a base of sorts. But the weapon we found is perhaps the most disturbing. It is a means of harvesting souls. I'm not certain if they were aware of what it was or how to use it, but the possibility exists that they have this ability. Currently Temoins du Sud is working on a countermeasure against this weapon."

"What is perhaps most confusing is that Banishers may be resorting to methods of a perverse and unnatural nature to further their cause. And I need your help with that. I am going to see to it that a sketch can be made of each individual who attacked us at the library. That way you'll be able to distribute them so they can be easily identified and investigated. Several appear of an age that they might even attend classes at the University, so that would be a good place to start. Perhaps you can connect these findings with the efforts of your Cabal too. As for the Library, I believe our Cabal will make efforts to monitor any further activity sympathetically which we can report to you should we make any new discoveries."

Truce turns his head to look to July to gauge how he considered these courses of action he has planned. Perhaps the Sentinel would offer his own advice or requests for further measures.

M
    Matrixchild

July put his hand to his face and thought for a moment. "I think that's smart for your cabal to continue to monitor the library. If it's as important as you say then there will certainly be more activity. Now with the faces, we gathered some intel on some of the operation through a drug house. I'm hoping that maybe Star or Avis may recognize one of the faces, and if not then it'll just be more people who can be on the look out for them. Ermac could also potentially discover their names from their photos which will be a step in the right direction. I would ask though that you keep me up-to-date on the progress of the weapon. It sounds like a weapon of mass destruction and as such, if you can't contain it I believe we should destroy it." July was in serious mode and laid his opinion out very matter-of-factly. This was of course why Truce came to him.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"I agree, on all counts. If there is nothing to be gained by it then it is better not to exist. However, I cannot speak for my Cabal alone. I have voiced my concerns to them so they are aware. But I feel this bears a similar dispute to what was discussed at the Consilium gathering regarding the notes Emrys discovered. It is a sensitive matter, to destroy any artifact or knowledge, so I am trying to move delicately to avoid inciting that same argument. I will keep you up-to-date though and plan to share any methods of protection we may discover. Matters of the soul are tricky, after all."

Truce knew where July stood on those notes. Being a Guardian he would of course prefer the extreme resolution. Truce hopes he will understand that the fate of any discovery does not always lie in the hands of any one man. At least they could work together to ensure the safety of the Consilium.

M
    Matrixchild

July looked down at the mention of the Consilium. "I'm not proud of my outburst, but despite what Emrys said he acted like he and he alone decided the fate of those notes and I had a problem with that. Obviously I'm not the deciding vote on its destruction, it's certainly a matter for the Council, but I'm glad to hear you see reason on the matter. I believe Ermac and Avis may agree with us that destruction is proper, should you not be able to contain it. I just hope we can stop those who wish to study and tinker with it. I wouldn't want their souls to be harvested due to their rash foolishness."

July took a deep breath a looked out at the park before turning to Truce. "I'm glad you brought this info to my attention. Together we will put an end to the Banishers. I'm sure of it." He paused for a moment and gave Truce a serious look. "I must admit, I underestimated you and your cabal. I will not do that a second time. Is there anything else I can help you with Councilor?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Hm, yes, I realize we must not have seemed to be the most productive of Cabals. Einstein has a reputation I know, and Crowley's title loss doesn't exactly speak favorably of us. Fortunately we were able to come together to follow through on this one thing. There are a couple things I would ask of you, since you offered. The first would be if you know of anyone who is gifted with artistry who could produce a realistic rendering? The second relates to your selection of a second Sentinel. Have you given thought to who you might consider to join you in your position?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.