Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Paying in blood

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Aimée gestures to some empty seats in the back of the club and ordered a drink herself. The next few steps would be crucial. She musn't mess this up.

After the drinks arrive, Cecilia turns to Aimée. "Alright, you've got my attention. What's the name of the game? You with a different station? One of the networks?"

"I must admit that I'm neither, really. I work for an independet businessman who's always looking for talented people to work for him; a private patron of the worthy, so to say. The pay is exzellent and with the right attitude one has a real chance for a very bright future. And frankly, miss Brandt" Aimée added with a reassuring smile "my boss seems to see exactly this attitude in you." She was surprised at how easily she thought of this purely fictional story. True, the faded joy she was feeling since for the most part she could respect herself again could cloud her judgement on how believable it truly was, but it was too late for corrections now anyway.

Go ahead and roll a Persuasion check again. Aimee no longer suffers the initial "poor first impression" penalty fo her roll, but the Humanity cap still applies.

I want my good rolls back

not so fast...

Cecilia arches an eyebrow, her overall expression one of scorn. "I've just been appointed lead anchor on this market's highest-rated news show, which is almost a shoe-in to a bigger market or a network position. So, unless your boss is someone pretty damn impressive, I'm sorry, but I'm just not interested."

"Wait- my boss told me I should at least bring you to him; he'd be very upset if I didn't.." Aimée's eyes had a pleading look, but actually she was disgusted and a bit scared. Since her powers failed her against Argent and that bouncer she was a bit hesitant to use them, to depend on them too much. That she had to use them again (and press out a few crocodile tears as well) showed how incapable of manipulation she still was.
    But maybe this time it worked.

Roll

I don't think so...

"I'm afraid that's your problem, not mine," Cecilia says, standing to leave.

Aimée was getting angry and scared at the same time: how could this woman be so strong willed? She musn't mess this up. "Sit." she hissed, hoping the wood hammer would do a better job than the velvet glove.

Command

Cecilia sits, glaring at Aimée.

Yes, she can attempt Entrancement again. First, though, roll a Int + either Politics or Socialize (whichever is higher) for her.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread