Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Plot) The Masquerade

Page 3 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Lynn Mills

The Wasp wades into the fray, practice blade lashing out and catching her opponent's blade with only a bit of difficulty - that she'll admit to, anyways.

Swords tangled between them, Sophie looked down at Coco with the focused expression of somebody on a mission. She didn't seem to recognize anybody but her opponent; everything else was just an obstetrical to be moved. The two fighters grappled and for the briefest moment Coco was actually able to grasp Sophie's sword with one hand. That in and of itself was not unusual for a fighter of her skill, but what was strange was the slightest tingle that said one very important thing. Sophie was carrying a Hedgespun blade.

Behind them, the table of ninjas had all risen to their feet, some of them going to the aid of the young man who'd fallen and some of them trying to pull Sophie back. Though sheerest chance, one of them managed to wrestle the blade from the young swords-woman, it went spinning through the air and bounced to the ground not too far from where Tally stood.

Lynn Mills

As the blade fell from her hands, Sophie staggered backwards, brow furrowing in confusion. She managed to stay on her feet for a moment before falling heavily down into a sprawl. Reaching up, she pulled at her mask to reveal a young woman with a strong Oriental cast to her features. "What the hell?"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The Wasp's antennae did a sudden, confused dance in the aftermath of the fae revelation about the sword, her eyes flicking between the combatants and the discarded weapon. Frozen in the face of the different avenues which she could pursue, it took Coco several seconds to realize that it was not just some random skeleton standing over the sword, but rather another of the Lost like herself.

"Tally," the Wasp called, gesturing at the sword. Perhaps belatedly, as the Skeleton's reaction might well have been faster than the Wasp's own, but some sense of direction couldn't hurt nonetheless. And, with that direction given, Coco whirled back around to hunt for her friend the Peacock.

"Madame Peacock," Coco called urgently as she approached Terri. "I have need of your wisdom this eve. Not all is as it seems, and only through your thousand eyes might we glimpse what is needed."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri was glad that Coco was able to strip the sword away before the woman, this Sophie, caused any undue harm to her apparent friend and impromptu sparing partner. Coco's words caused Terri's eyebrows to narrow slightly as she placed down her drink and joined the Wasp near the fracas.

"What's the problem?" she asked, looking from the Wasp to Tally, from Sophie to the sword.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Why ask us, Madame Peacock? Why not ask the offending sword itself?" the masked duelist returned, a hand gracefully splaying out to indicate the lonesome practice weapon.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally moves towards the sword as Coco gestured for her to walks towards. At Terri's question, she shrugs as she wonders if she shouldn't pick up the sword. She looks down at the sword, studying it.

Sorry about the lateness. What should I roll for Tally?

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Eyes sliding from Coco to the sword and then Tally, Terri wasn't entirely sure as to what she could help with quite yet, and so as she waited for the Hunterheart to fetch the aforementioned weapon, Terri moved closer towards Sophie, taking the air of concerned citizen.

"Are you feeling okay, Miss?" she asked, keeping at least an arms width distance from Sophie, ensuring both their safeties. "You look dazed."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

Lynn Mills

Sophie blinked, looking up in confusion at Terri. "What happened?" She rubbed her forehead fretfully, rocking back and forth a little bit. "My head hurts. Do you have some pain killer? I don't want to miss the party...wait." She looked around. "I'm at the party."

One of the other of the group costumed as ninjas knelt down next to her and pulled off their mask to reveal another young man with dark brown hair. "Hey Sophie?" He held one hand to her forehead as if to check for fever. "You take anything before you came here?" He was holding her wrist gently, fingers ever so carefully checking her pulse. "Was there any time you weren't watching your drink?"

"What?" Sophie swayed a bit as she tried to glare at her friend. "No! I don't do that shit! I just...." she scrubbed at her hair. "I don't know what happened. I don't remember." She started rocking back and forth. "My head hurts and I don't remember."

Her friend nodded and signaled to a couple other people. "Yeah. Come on sweetie. We're going to go get you checked out." He easily scooped her up in his arms, standing and smiling a bit tightly at Terri. "Thanks ma'am, but I think it's time we leave."

Across the crowd, the sword that had sparked Coco's interest lay innocently on the floor at Tally's feet, gleaming in the shifting party lights, forgotten by most of the party goers.

RockBane please have Tally roll Resolve + Composure if she plans to pick up the sword. Please PM me with the results and I'll let you know what happens

9. Likes Forn Clakes, Cayce liked this post

Lynn Mills

Bump

Description

PRE

Terri smiled to Sophie's friend as she was steadied. "No problems, of course. Make sure she gets plenty of rest, yeah? Before you go, Sophie, can I ask, is that your sword?" she asked, making sure the wannabe ninja didn't leave it behind.

Page 3 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread