Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Aligning views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Miach

PRE

While it should be no surprise that a mystagogue and a Libertine had hardly ever talked, Sacramento was still a small city, and they were pressed by many threats. Perhaps a bit more tightness could have been expected.

It was with those hopeful thoughts - sort of - that Miach was pacing back and forth in the O'neil's park, waiting for Einstein to come. He was wearing heavy clothes, thus insulating him from the relative coolness, and he tried to make use of the time to brace himself, sure nonetheless that she would offset him easily. Would they manage to see eye to eye somehow ?

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Somehow, somehow, despite living less than five minutes away on foot, Einstein managed to be late to the meeting with Miach. In all honesty, it was probably on purpose. Despite being late already, the Libertine wasn't hurrying across to apologize to Miach. She ambled along, dressed in a casual tank top and jeans - showing off the white rose tattooed on her shoulder, and the TdS symbol tattooed across her back - and a pair of sneakers.

When she reached Miach, she raised a lazy hand in greeting. "Hey. So. Why'd you want to talk?" She could have put up a bubble to keep their voices from carrying beyond the two of them, but it was more amusing to watch someone try to come up with words to allude to Awakened business, without ever directly stating anything.

Miach

PRE

"Hey." Miach said as he greeted the woman thanks to whom he was now again part of a Cabal. But that was not the point. Or perhaps it was, actually.

She went straight to the point, as was expected, and it hardly put him off-guard. "Avis." he said as an opening. That should catch her attention. He still remembered how she had stormed off the Consilium, shortly after having lodged a complaint against Avis....

"She must be... made to open her eyes. Starting with you, perhaps ?" though it seemed like asking for trouble. Hopefully it would be worth it.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"Dangerous words, there." Einstein smirked, and dropped to sit on the grass, crossing her legs and leaning on her arms. "What would she do if she heard, do you think?" The Badge took a second to pretend-mull it over. "Probably something up in your head, I assume. Makes the most sense to me."

"But, on-topic, what makes you think I can make her change her mind on anything?"
    She raised up an eyebrow. "More importantly, what makes you think I want to waste my time trying? It'd be more productive to just get her removed from power, so that she can't make decisions that'll hurt people and cause more chaos." And besides, if Einstein and Avis were ever in a room together, alone, Einstein had no confidence she wouldn't just get murdered. If someone will mess around in your mind, what else might they do?

Miach

PRE

At least she hadn't insulted him yet, nor told to piss off, so perhaps he had indeed piqued her interest. Taking his cue from her, Miach sat on the ground in front of Einstein. He merely shrugged off the potentialities of Avis's intervention. For all that she did misplaced thing, he doubted she meant actual harm to any member of the Consilium. Which was all the more a shame that she alienated herself from its members that much.

"I don't think you can make her change her mind. I don't think I can, nor do I think any one individual can - though perhaps her Cabalmates might have a slightly better chance." One in particular, of course.

"But perhaps several of us, together, could stand a chance. And I think it's worth it because she's already doing harm to this Consilium, no matter how you look at it, whereas she could definitly be a great boon to it. Her Will is strong, and she's acting. It's precious, around here. And I put you in that same boat." A bit of flattery couldn't hurt, and besides, it was true.

No matter how it was adressed, there was an Avis situation to deal with.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein raised an eyebrow at Miach. A more law-inclined person would have reminded him to watch his tongue, lest he be dragged in for a violation of Secrecy. Einstein, however, was merely amused that apparently watching your words wasn't in style in the River City Consilium. She might have worried that not reporting his crime might get her charged as an accessory, but really, no one was going to catch her.

"And how are you going to convince anyone else to go along with your plan? Avis is a politician, she's a powerful one of us, she's done a lot of work for the organization. Isn't that exactly the kind of person you're supposed to respect, in your group? Actually, if you're so confident she's bad for the place, just challenge her to a Duel. That's how you guys settle things, isn't it?" Know your enemy. Know how your enemy thinks, how they solve problems. And sometimes, tell them to do what they're supposed to do, even if it hurts you inside to do it. After all, the Diamond isn't a democracy.

Miach

PRE

The timing of Einstein's change of expression was not lost on the mystagogue, and he looked around twice to check whether anyone could have overheard him, or not. As he had guessed, there was noone, but perhaps a bit more caution would be in order, indeed. Taking from Einstein again, he answered her more guardedly.

The words she choose in her answer were painful, too. Your group. You guys... such detachment, when she was one of them too, and as threatened by the Banishers as any others. "I have no plan yet, more like a purpose. You could say I'm counting the potential supports for a joint action."

That wasn't entirely true, of course. The Duel had come to his mind, but the mystagogue doubted he could best her. It had to be a last resort. "In our organization, we should also respect team members, and not only what you describe. And definitly not sowers of discord. So, perhaps that with all the newcomers in her family, if we can convince them that she's not their best shot at representing them, and she might be ousted." he admitted, wincing. The Enchanter would have prefered for her to mend her ways, not to be labelled a threat or a loose cannon.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein frowned, deeply. What did he mean, our organization? She wasn't a member of the Diamond. Those thoughts alone made her pause. Did he not realize that she was a Libertine? Was he trying to insult her with the implication? Einstein didn't have the slightest clue. "The hell do you mean, our organization? Last I checked, you and your four-point buddies were not a gang I was anywhere near being a part of." The Blank snorted at the mere thought.

"In any case, I'll stand with you, for whatever my voice actually counts. If we can achieve enough of a consensus, everyone else will fall in and agree." Tyranny by the majority was a thing, after all. And, if past experience was any indicator, the group would fall apart as soon as their purpose was accomplished, and return to their natural state of chaos - minus the influence of Avis.

Miach

PRE

Einstein's outburst about the four-point buddies made Miach cringe. Cooperation for survival had to matter more. He would have called her out for being part of Cabal but not wanting to follow the Consilium's rules, but she said what mattered first. She would support him, or something like that. The mystagogue choose to keep it under lid lest she'd change her mind. "Good. Thank you." was all he said, with a sour tone that meant a lot. If there could have been any other way...

Then, remembering Flidais's words, he changed topic a bit. "I don't understand your position, though. Have we " - see there, adjusting to his public - "done anything wrong to you ? Apart from individuals, I mean." because Avis.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

"Have you wronged me?" Einstein raised an eyebrow. "Well, not technically. Wronging someone requires you to act in some manner - which is exactly where the problem lies. None of you can reach any sort of consensus that leads to action. You're constantly at each others' throats, to the point where it disrupts and organization you might have. My position, is that you lot waste my time, and since I have a limited amount of that stuff, I'd rather it not be wasted."

"Think about it. Right now, instead of making any sort of conjoined plan to protect the group from enemies that are actively threatening it, and trying to work with Avis, you're choosing to go talk to an external individual about betraying one of your own, and causing further chaos."
    The Obrimos smirked. "Not that there's anything wrong with it, really, considering who you're betraying. Plus, maybe chaos will condense into a half-decent organizational structure."

"Also, you lot can't police yourselves for shit. Striker's punishments were jokes. And, when one of you does what Avis did, what happens? A little backroom conversation...then nothing. Not even a slap on the wrist."
    A snort made its way out of her throat. "Plus, with VT owning such a large majority of the bosses, and us owning the rest, it's impossible to trust you'll be unbiased."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread