Watch

An Apparent Emergency

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

216 Bannon St, Sacramento, CA 95811

Juan arrived at the Super 8 motel, looking rather lively. The flush of Vitae in his veins giving him a pulse and color to his skin. He checked into a room on the ground floor. Once inside, he waited for Gabrielle to call him back.

-1 vitae for blush

Gabrielle quickly made her way towards the priscus position. She didn't know who this Baldwin was but she sure as hell would try to find out.She made her way to the super 8 motel. The young Toreador didn't pay attention to the motel itself, it could have been the best of them all or the worst hellhole in history, she wouldn't have noticed, not the way she was feeling tonight.

The only thing she noticed was that Juan didn't give her a room number, so pulled her phone again and called the priscus.

"Hello there Mr Cordoba. I've arrived at the address at the floor level. What next ? "

While she talked on the phone, she checked again the pictures she made of Baldwin and candy girl ....

J
    Juan Cordoba

As Gabrielle's call came in, he answered. "Check your surroundings and then as casually as you can, walk to room one-oh-three. It's on the ground floor. Knock three times so I know it's you."

Juan hung up and stood at the door watching through the small fish-eye window.

Gabrielle followed the instructions to the letter and, when arriving at the designated door, she knocked three times ,waiting for Juan to open the door. If and when he does that, she will casually greet the priscus. They weren't in court so they needed to keep the veil of secrecy until they were inside.

"Good evening Mr Cordoba. May I come in?"

Juan can noticed that Gabrielle is holding a sketch book on one of her hands ...

J
    Juan Cordoba

Upon hearing the three knocks accompanied by Gabrielle's voice, he flung open the door. Suspicious eyes spotting the Daeva, went over her shoulder searching for potential unwanted guests.

With her inside, Cordoba closed the door and locked the deadbolt. Eyeing the sketch book curiously he cut right to the chase, "What happened?"

She entered the room at the invitation of the priscus and, seeing as he cut right to the chase, she returned the favor by drawing her sketch book and opening it on her latest portraits.

"Thank you for receiving me. Do you happen to know those people?"

The first picture was that of man with a menacing stare, under which the name 'Baldwin' was written. The other was that of young woman who seemed to try too hard at looking pretty, the name 'candy girl' was written under it between quotes.

"We were doing some hunting with Marco tonight. We went to a high end club that was within the communal hunting ground. While we were busy with our business, we saw the man and the girl that you see in the pictures. The man, named Baldwin, was threatening the woman, of which I don't know the name. Baldwin then noticed us and made it pretty clear that we had to leave the premises immediately."

She paused for a moment, trying to visualize what had happened at the club.

"I managed to make him say his name, which was Baldwin. He seemed that he was threatening the girl not to come back here ever again. When he talked to us, he made some cryptic comments about 'these are dangerous times', or 'the city is not as safe as it was' and the one that struck me the most 'His grace still walks among us'. At first I thought he was talking about Prince Clarke, but I am not so sure about this now."

She pointed at the picture of Baldwin before proceeding.

"The girl was definitely kindred as her beast showed us. The man baldwin exuded no beast but the way he reacted, the extreme violence he was ready to do and his inhuman stillness make me believe he's vampire as well. And, If I understood his words correctly, he claims membership among the Nosferatu. Especially considering that ... well ... there was something wrong about him. The constant thereatening stare he had only seems to confirm that.

I have seen neither of those kindred in court so I don't know if they were acknowledged or not. The girl seemed to be a nomad poacher and Baldwin made a comment that she had some friends, perhaps members of a coterie."

She gave the sketch book to the priscus before continuing further.

"You said during our first meeting that if I had something to tell you, it would be better to do it sooner rather than later, which is why I asked to see you tonight. We have at least two unknown kindred in the domain, possibly more. Which is why I drew their picture to see if someone knew of them. And being my priscus, I thought you should be the first person to talk to about this ..."

J
    Juan Cordoba

Upon having Gabrielle's news, the Beast riled up in angry hunger. Feed. Now. Take this one and none shall dare question it.

Stepping away from the Daeva for her own safety, he took a moment to compose himself. Looking at the sketch, he could tell it was Baldwin without needing to read the name below it. As to how Gabrielle met the Nosferatu was just as much of a surprise to him.

Baldwin was dead...according to Regan. An open palm rubbed across his chin in thought. Cordoba studied the sketch intensely. There was no denying it was him. The description was spot on - unnerving presence he had, as if ready to snap at any moment. The mention of "His Grace still walks," made the Daeva Priscus's right eye twitch. Straiphen was dead. As confirmed by Regan.

He provided his honest opinion on the subject. "This just doesn't add up at all." As an after thought, glancing up at Gabrielle, a short bit of gratitude was shared. "Yes, yes, yes, you were right to bring this to me immediately." Juan's eyes returned to stare at the picture of Baldwin.

Who the hell is the current Priscus of Haunts anyway? It seemed like a revolving door of transition.

Gabrielle never could have met the Invictus Knight. What she presented was authentic. Finally, Juan sat down. He sighed, "I am completely baffled..." Thinking back to when he last the man. "Peter Baldwin was Priscus of Nosferatu. Last I heard he had perished in the line of service."

Again, Cordoba lapsed into silence as he studying the picture of 'candy girl' as he tried to piece this together. "Unfortunately, both Candy Girl and Baldwin are Unacknowledged within the Domain at this point in time. What makes this more complicated is that Baldwin is very dangerous and this mention of another Prince." An open palm raised to his face. His eyes closed and he remained silent for a long minute.

Slowly, lowering his hand, he gestured for Gabrielle to sit down. "This could mean a great number of problems. Because you and Marco have encountered Baldwin and his apparent coterie mate, I would strongly advise you to be very careful. This is the first I've heard of anything pertaining to him. I want you to make copies of those pictures. I'm going to add that to the Clan meeting agenda."

Perhaps he was conscripted into Brady's cabal? Juan sincerely feared that was not the case.

At the sudden and strong reaction of Juan, her own beast recoiled in absolute fear, this could escalate into violence very quickly. She took a few steps back and bowed to her priscus, hoping this would mollify his anger.

When she realized the danger had passed (albeit just for the moment), she tried to compose herself before replying.

"I see. A lot of things in this situation simply does not compute. Do you know who Baldwin was referring to when he mentioned his 'grace' still walks among us?"

She paused for a moment, she had other questions.

"Hum ... I am still young and new to the danse macabre, are there powers that would allow someone to change their appearance and pretend to be someone else ? "

She stopped with the questions for the moment, not wanting to drown the priscus with her words. He was angry enough as it is and she certainly didn't feel like taking any more risks tonight.

J
    Juan Cordoba

"As for this pretender Prince, I have no idea who else it could be at the moment."

Fingers steepled together in silence. Straiphen was killed... he reminded himself. Even if it was only David who reported it to him.

"It could be a form of Obfuscation. If that is the case, such a Discipline would belong to both the Mekhet and Nosferatu." His lip curled in unpleasant thought, "I dare hope it is the case... however, I have reasonable suspicion that it is Baldwin. I'm unaware of anything capable of imitating that Nosferatu's signature quality."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-07 18:51:42 Juan rolls 5 to Figure Out that Discipline [Int + Occult] (10 Again) 5, 3, 4, 8, 4 1 success

"So he was definitely a Nosferatu. I don't know of anyone who came back from being killed, final death and all that. Might I ask, did someone saw him getting killed, see the ashes, that kind of stuff?"

It seems that the domain was headed towards a war and she just finished one. What a turn of luck indeed ... or not.

"Is it possible that he faked his death and was compromised a long time ago? Just throwing some random ideas there. I just want to understand the situation better. Also, there is something I don't understand : Why did Baldwin allowed us to leave without violence ? He clearly didn't mind divulging his identity. I am not sure whether he wanted to warn us or simply sow the seed of fear in the domain."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.