Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
VtR Questions and Scene Talk

Page 8 of 20 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... Last
    u
    ultra violent

Summarizing it and adding to the above, Empathy is not just about perception of emotions and perception of the clues of the emotions but it's about interpreting them mostly. Hence not perception or skill based perception.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I think the biggest problem here is that you're conflating capital P Perception with lower-case P perception.

Because this:
    "Please notice that if you paint Wits + Empathy for emotion reading as skill based perception anyone should be able to roll it with the highest of Composure or Empathy."

Makes no sense. At all. They're two different things. One is a trait roll and the other is a word.

You're also hung up on the definition of Empathy as evidenced by:
    "...but it's about interpreting them mostly..."

Mostly? What? That's 100% a faulty spin you're adding to your own definition. Per WoD:

This Skill represents your character's intuition for reading people's emotions. [...] As the name implies, Empathy also involves the capacity to understand other people's views and perspectives, whether your character agrees with those positions or not.

The capacity to interpret is secondary.

Regardless, it'd be thematically inappropriate for one of the most atavistic of Clans to be behavior blind. Usually this argument crops up when a Masquerade player used to Gangrel not being able to spend on Empathy tries to make a straight-across comparison.

There's just no basis for your argument since it relies on two factually incorrect premises.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Hello, to whom it may concern: with the venue being without a story teller, should we be submitting monthly experience reports? I’ve been submitting them, but haven’t gotten experience since September, (actually didn’t get longevity for September either), so I am wondering about the status of the venue? If it’s status unknown and experience—like plots—is waiting on a story teller still to be determined, cool; I am just looking for something more definitive than me just guessing.

Twist Scenes

I had a question on continuity. Since there is a new Seneschal as of the beginning of the month (court), does Jack need to wait to announce it until the thread closes and it enters continuity or is he good to post an announcement sooner?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

If Court is a Sticky, then it happened on the day the thread opened and has 'already' happened and entered continuity.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Posting#Scenes
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

So I have a weird question involving the Gangrel Weakness. 'With regard to dice pools based on Intelligence and Wits Attributes, the 10-again rule does not apply. Additionally, any 1’s that come up on a roll subtract from successes. (The latter part of the weakness does not affect dramatic-failure rules.) This weakness does not apply to dice pools involving perception or reaction to surprise, or to the Resolve Attribut.' Now...the question. When it comes to an Intelligence+Resolve dice pool, does the weakness still apply? Totally cool if it does, I'm just checking as it's not 100% clear to me...lol!

Jennifer Hazelton

I want to say that it does apply, @Miss Orianna. But I shall read on it to ensure my opinion is correct.

Criminal Intent writers, the plot is just about wrapped up. Painting in hand, ghoul properly admonished and curtailed. The social rammifications can be dealt out. Mr. Kowalsic has called on the Archon to apologize in person which can happen presently. Our Farm thread opened on the 4th, so any pressing matters should be posted presently. White Psychangel deltadream

9. Likes Ruach, , White liked this post

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Criminal Intent writers, the plot is just about wrapped up. Painting in hand, ghoul properly admonished and curtailed. The social rammifications can be dealt out. Mr. Kowalsic has called on the Archon to apologize in person which can happen presently. Our Farm thread opened on the 4th, so any pressing matters should be posted presently. White Psychangel deltadream
    M'kay. As a late comer to the plot, I'll leave it up to White or Psychangel to set up the next scene with the Prince ( Orianna ). Also because I have family in town for the weekend. Just bump me in discord when it's up as I haven't been able to be reliable via the computer this past month.

11. Likes pisces, White, Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

I have made connecting the dots a Sticky to keep time continuity inline.

13. Likes Ruach, Psychangel liked this post

Mable Wood
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

BP3/Pre2/SL2:Wholesome/Pro3: Aspect of the Predator

M'kay. As a late comer to the plot, I'll leave it up to White or Psychangel to set up the next scene with the Prince ( Orianna ). Also because I have family in town for the weekend. Just bump me in discord when it's up as I haven't been able to be reliable via the computer this past month.
    I'll discuss with white and decide who should set it up..
    Gangrel/BP3/Pro3/SL2:Wholesome
    "Given only the health of the soil, nothing that dies is dead for very long" -Wendell Berry

15. Likes Ruach, White liked this post
Page 8 of 20 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread