Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Into the Sewers

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

The story so far:

The Ordo Dracul chapter house has been raided by unknown kindred and a large number of reptilian ghouls. Multiple skirmishes between the Dragons and their allies have resulted in the deaths of a number of these ghouls, but but also in the apparent capture of former seneschal Rahyna.

The Dragons have gathered in force, among them the newest additions to their number: Prince Asa Clarke and Lady Ishani Naetesh. So far their investigations have provided them with a bit of information about their opponents, and the rough location of Rahyna, provided her loyal ghoul, Jackson. They are about to go into the passageways and sewers beneath the city. Ishani will scout ahead for any trouble while maintaining a link to Prince Clarke, and the other Dragons will follow, ready to give assistance if needed while hopefully not alerting their enemies to their approach.

As Ishani prepares to move into the sewers, she can feel the dampness of the air. She knows from past experience that many of the passages used by the Dragons are not lit, and that while mundane sewers and other subterranean routes are sporadically lit to assist public servants in their repairs, these lights are unreliable at best.

Ishani moves into the sewers a short distance, just enough to be out of sight of her companions and slips into the shadows. She keeps her eyes open and her ears sharp as much as she can while still maintaining the link with Asa.

All right, I'm in. You may enter now. She sends to Asa, hoping she is a good enough distance away from them to follow without giving away her position.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

First fiddling with something in a cargo pocket, Asa gestures for the others to follow him, respecting the request for silence. With him leading, he could also use his gifts of quickness to catch up to Ishani if needed. Drawing a knife, he began into the sewers, opening his senses to his surroundings.

Yeah. Definitely would have been helpful to have see-in-the-dark eyes back in... what, February?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Gideon hangs back a bit, letting Headstrong go after Asa. Before anyone else goes, he blocks the way a bit and turns to look at the younger Dragons. He puts a heavy hand on Peter's shoulder and levels all of them with a serious look. He says nothing but from his expression and his hand on Peter the message is clear: Silence, now. I mean it. After a few moments of silence he moves aside again, to let them follow.

Not my fault you're a slow learner.

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

Headstrong halts a moment when passing Gideon, then follows her Prince into the sewers without a word. Ishani was proving to be an invaluable asset and it got her thinking. What if all Dragons, or even half, could communicate telepathically with each other? The applications, even outside the martial, would be impressive.

After Gideon removes his hand, Peter actually takes a few steps backwards, turns to look down the hallway in the direction they'd come, and ever so quietly speaks to no one in particular.

"Just for the record I think this is a horrible idea that's probably not going to end well and I should really be headed back to Portland and holy shit my face still hurts why do my nerve endings even still work when I'm dead this just generally sucks god dammit there is absolutely nothing about this I like. Ow. Ow."

It comes out as one sentence, blurred together in haste. After he's done, he turns back around, falls silent, passes by Gideon with a nod and a sigh, and falls in line after Headstrong.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

(( D'Wayne, Ephram, Joseph... y'all here? ))
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

If indeed D'Wayne, Ephram and Joseph are still with their companions, I ask the players for those characters to post something. For the moment we will assume they are going in with the rest. Jackson brings up the rear of the group, carrying his shotgun and a hunting knife.

Obfuscated, Ishani walks perhaps a quarter mile, somewhat distracted by the concentration necessary to maintain the strange mental link between her and Asa, before anything of note happens. Suddenly, she is aware of the distinctive aura of wrongness that heralds the presence of the reptilian ghouls. The presence is pretty strong when she notices it, as if she was almost atop them, or they her. At the same time, she notices - almost stepping on it - something disturbing... a sewer rat, exsanguinated, its abdomen having been bitten away.

Ishani needs to roll Wits + Investigate + Auspex in a contest of wills against the ghouls. This roll is at -2 unless she chooses to drop the mental link. Roll also her Resolve + Stealth + Obfuscate for Cloak of Night, to see how thoroughly she is hidden from any possible observers.

Contest of Wills

Cloak of Night

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread