Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"People attacking the Shrine is admittedly unlikely. However, given my absence I'd prefer to not risking it come to any damage. It's safer all around to not have it as a temptation, for the shrine, for our family, and for keeping the peace. Anyway, it's not like it will be used while I'm gone."

Kenneth listened to Sonia and suppressed a sigh. A new Kindred was not what he had prepared for this evening. He wished he had thought to bring a binder. Instead he would have to wing it with all the information he could recall.

"Very well. The first thing you should know are the Laws of the Domain. All Traditions are upheld. Any Breach of the Masquerade will be punished including those done by any servant, Ghoul of Childe of yours if you ever have them. Which brings the next point, you may not create a Childe without the Prince's permission. Then the Amaranth is strictly forbidden. Should it be discovered you have done such an unholy thing a Blood Hunt will be called and you will be killed. A Blood hunt that by law all Kindred in the domain must participate in, only called by the Prince or the Seneschal." Kenneth watched the bone thin female Kindred for any twinges or tells that might indicate a guilty conscious.
      Roll over 3 successes on Subterfuge if Sonia is guilty
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-08 21:51:57 Kenneth Gilroy rolls 5 to Wits+Empathy (10 Again) 1, 5, 8, 9, 8 3 successes

"Next is Acknowledgement, which we are in the process of completing now. Once you declare your covenant and swear to serve the Prince and abide by his Laws it will be complete. However, be aware that to maintain the privilege you must attend official court gathers. They normally occur every several months and are generally themed. Should you miss the court you must search out reacknowledgement. In connection to all that, you may not ask for favors from those seeking to be acknowledged. Without acknowledge you may not hunt within the domain.

"Moving on; the Prince holds all Rights to Destruction. You may not kill another Kindred, incapacitate them, or hold them prisoner. Not without his permission in any case or you face punishment. You can request Monomancy. Ritual combat as far as I can tell. You need to give one weeks notice and each participant needs a witness."

Other forbidden actions include inflicting the Vinculum on another; interfere law enforcement, firefighters, EMTs, hospital employees to include feeding and ghouling; and being of the Blood of the Kallisti."
    Kenneth wasn't sure what the last one was or even if it was a bloodline within the Haunt family but it was one of the laws and so he mentioned it.

"All the Laws can be found posted in the Elysium. I recommend checking them once a month. They change occasionally and it will help you to memorize them. Additionally other postings are often put up there as well. Read those as well so you are abreast to some of the more obvious going ons."

"The Elysium itself has rules as well that should be followed. You are not to do any harm within its bounds. This includes the use of anyDisciplines or the like except the conceal your Beast as you have or Aspect of the Predator," Kenneth wasn't familiar with the second but maybe she was "Weapons of any kind are disallowed except by the Sheriff and Hounds. Finally you should be on your best behavior. Do not curse, use proper terms of address where required, do not yell or throw a tantrum. Keep in mind this Prince may make any exceptions to these rules if he desires."

"As a final note; do not consider Elysium a safe place to hold conversations of a sensitive nature. It offers good opportunities to Danse but there are ears everywhere there, including in any private rooms. Be wary because there you will be surrounded by predators and one word from the Prince and they could all attack you freely."

It seemed like even the undead should be out of breath out of that spiel but Kenneth sounded like he could go go on for another hour easy.

"Do you have any questions?"
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

I have to replace that? Crosses Garrick's mind as Priscus Gilroy launches into explaining the rules. Good rules to know yes. Time to memorize that speech also.

Time to pull out that binder and have a once over. Probably should buy a pen. That'd help with the memorizing more things. Garrick looks from Priscus Gilroy to the new arrival.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Sonia exits.

Been a week since the player posted, and that's kind of derailed this thread.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Unless another member of your Covenant arrives I will keep the shrine closed. I don't want to insult God or your Covenant." Pissing off the christian vampires would be a terrible idea, god's pretty intent to sit back and watch shit hit the fan. Garrick seems to be looking intently at..past? Kenneth Gilroy though it's hard to tell. Ms. Rosenberg's exit had been noted but hey if you want to get on the shit list go ahead.

"I won't add anything stupid while you're gone. No firing range or what not." A grin splits across the white eye'd Nosferatu's face. No one had liked that idea.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

The retched Hunt watched Sonia leave without her giving her covenant. Why she wanted to remain unacknowledged was odd. Possibly she refused to be granted the right by one such as he. Gilroy turned back to Garrick.

"I appreciate it," Kenneth said honestly "And I can certainly agree that not doing anything stupid would be a good strategy. Though feel free to make what adjustments you see fit. You'll be Priscus after all." If Garrick wanted a firing range then Gilroy couldn't very well stop him from across the continent. He might disagree that it would be the best use of time but Marlon had to be confident in his own leadership while Kenneth was away. With luck it would be enough that the Worm wouldn't have to be given back the job.

"Moving on to other subjects; be aware that I have given your name as a possible member for a raid party to Priscus Regan. You recall when last we met in the Necropolis I spoke of an enemy of the Domain? Jacqui Cotouri and Rahyna. There are plans to confront their leader, Erika Brady. Again, I stress that this is not something you should discuss in Elysium. And it will be very dangerous as well. While a peerless opportunity to demonstrate your usefulness to the domain, do not consider this mandatory by any means. I would personally advise caution. Given the state of the clan, losing you might mean having no adequate representation in Court."

He waited for questions for a moment. It was a lot to take in and a mantle Gilroy was in a way glad to be getting rid of. To advance the clan and self or to play it safe.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Maybe a some furniture to sleep on." Adjustments aren't something Garrick's thought through. "Though a closet would let me keep clothes clean." A free hand scratches at the beard.

"Ya probably that. Can't look like a bum all the time." A chuckle escapes before Garrick places the name. "Ah Priscus Regan, the Ordo member? I wouldn't have expected him to lead a raid but I doubt appearances matter after a couple decades."

"Being useful to the Domain is how I plan to earn my keep. If asked I will join them." The words form without Garrick thinking and he shakes his head. "I will have to be careful though."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Good luck then. We were able to keep her from reviving the former Prince Straiphen, capturing a police officer under her thrall, and had a lead in a realtor company, K.M. Realty."

"Let's see, other things to pass on..." Kenneth thought for a couple seconds.

"There is a woman named Nefertiti Khan, seeking to establish her rule over the city. She is unaware of vampire society at large and through manipulation by Priscus Sterling and Regan is currently embroiled in conflict with something called the Society of Penelope, lead by someone named Ehtar. Both are believed to be supernatural nonhumans though what they are exactly is unknown. Khan owns the Merchant Bank of Ptah and Cole and that Bank is considered best avoided. If you are interested in assisting or have information that could be useful you should contact Priscus Sterling. She is heading the investigation." The Haunts cracked his neck as he thought some more.

"Since Reeve Wooding has recently resigned and Ms. Yui is taking his place and since there are few deputies as far as I can tell; this could be a good time to gain a position in that regard if it interests you. If you wanted to conduct interviews of domain history for the Annals that's your prerogative but I understand that's not one of your strengths. It could still offer a useful chip to hold for both yourself and the Clan. Priscus Roth has criminal contacts and is willing to trade favors. Priscus Regan is a mortician and could likely help with concealing bodies. Priscus Cordoba is also willing to trade favors for loans of money." That covered most of the basics of what he had learned since his last Clan meeting. At once a lot and not that much. He waited to see if Garrick would want any point expanded upon.
    Mask of Tranquility

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Supernatural nonhumans? So we're not the only things that go bump in the night? Or like demons. Because please God no." That's not fair at all.

Garrick scratches at his beard, it's actually worse now being dead. Things think they can live there. Well used too, suckers. "I will have to find something worth trading favors for."

"Will it cause problems if I ask the Seneschal for an opportunity to introduce myself to Prince Clarke?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"The term used was 'being'. Sterling didn't go into much more detail other than that and implications. It could be Khan is some obscure variety of Kindred but it wouldn't be an assumption I'd make given the information I was given, which admittedly wasn't much." While other supernaturals was unnerving, it wasn't entirely unexpected. Though what the others were and what they were capable was beyond Gilroy's guess. If they made as much sense as vampiric metabolism, then they could be just about anything. "The Testament tells about angels and if you subscribe to the belief that demons are fallen then they could exist as well."

Kenneth considered Garrick's question "I don't think it's strictly necessary for an introduction. You can approach Prince Clarke at court for that. If you wanted to discuss further business, then yes. I'd advise coordinating through his lower officials." Gilroy personally would prefer not to approach the man at all if need be. The Prince scared him even without the Beast exposed. Not wasting the Prince's time was as good an excuse as any.
    Mask of Tranquility

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Garrick shudders as the insect points out that Demons could exist, and Angels too. And what the hell would an Angel do to a monster? End it.

"Seneschal it is then." Less chance of dieing there, hopefully. She seemed nice enough before. "I will also inform the Seneschal that Ms. Rosenberg has not yet been Acknowledged within the Domain."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread