THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life
    Equipment: Bowie Knife, Lockpicks(Building)

Touch of Shadow | Fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-02 11:05:31 Konrad Roth rolls 5 to touch of shadow on bowie knife (rendezvous) [WIT+Larc+Obf-2(jacket)] (1s Subtract) 8, 10, 1, 1, 2 failure
    Grabbing some things from his van, Konrad strings the sheathed bowie knife beneath his suit coat. He hopes he won't need it, but he's not going to forgive Cody a second time if he decides to get fresh with the Keeper. Konrad dials the number for his Ghoul. The man answers, his voice anxious and needy and agrees to meet with Konrad at a Motel wedged between Golden State Highway and Tiscornia Park by where the rivers intersect.

A series of taxi rides later may well leave any pursuers baffled by their route or having lost them altogether before they arrive at the motel where Cody has promised to meet him. After paying their fare, Konrad exits the vehicle, offering a hand to the petite Shadow to assist her at the curbside if she lets him.

Once the taxi departs he says, "Cody should be here by now. He just texted me a room number...huh."

Konrad pauses, looking at his phone as Katya's number comes up over the screen. "Miss Harding," he says, his eyes narrowing at the caller ID.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Equipment: walking cane, grab-bag of Deputy kit with a 9mm too tucked under her coat. Just in case...

Martha was quiet. Trying to meditate on the trouble afflicting the Domain and trying to watch for hostile surveillance.

Nodding her gratitude, she seemed to welcome his help.
    "Thank you kindly, sir." she offered as she steadied herself.

Leaning on her cane and watchful for snipers or signs of a frantic Ghoul, Martha remained quiet as Konrad checked his 'phone.

"Excellent... er, is she to meet us here, or...?"

She needed a clear mind for this project...

-1 for Blush of Life

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"I wasn't planning on it. But then maybe she saw your note. I'll see what she wants," answers Konrad with a thoughtful twist of his mouth.

He accepts the call, placing the device to his ear. "This is Konrad," he says clearly.

Phone conversation takes place here with Martha as witness

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods. Feeling like they're in a war zone, Martha carefully watches Konrad's six...
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad hangs up the phone and turns his head to look to Martha.

"You know that thing we were talking about in your chambers? Well...not so much talking really. Katya thinks Cody's condition is related. Which means he's in more trouble than I thought. Katya wants to come here and tell us the details, but I'm fairly sure that'll be the end of the line for Cody. So."

He turns his shoulders to regard her seriously. "Think she should? How long would it take you to do your thing with Cody?" His concern starts to crack through his composure, making his expression soften somewhat. There's something sad in there, though maybe it's just worry over his own troubles having hung up on the Seneschal.

Martha Villiers

PRE

As Konrad explains matters, Martha nods. "If he co-operates, perhaps at least 30 minutes, an hour or so... perhaps more. Such investigations are hard to predict, sir." she sounds sincere, but also worried for Konrad and Cody.

"I don't want Cody to come to harm if he's done nothing wrong. Let's not waste any more time, sir..." Preparing her mind best she can, Martha smiles to try to foster a positive mood and makes a small hand gesture to Konrad. Inviting him to lead the way...

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad nods firmly, grateful for Martha's cooperation. If he can get her testimony that Cody is no longer under the control of a mind-controlling interloper, or at least not the one Katya seemed to imply, then maybe he could convince the others to spare him.

Rather than move too quickly, Konrad keeps just ahead of Martha's pace as he makes his way towards the line of signs that mark the room numbers of the motel. Each of the rooms open to the outside so they didn't have to go through a lobby. Konrad counts down the numbers until he arrives at the one Cody gave him. Number 118.

"I'll go in first. I want to make sure it's safe for you. He reacted strangely when he saw Marco for the first time. I'll call you in after. If he reacts the same then I'll do what I have to," he says grimly.

He knocks on the door, gesturing to Martha to stay off to the side.

"Cody? It's me, Konrad," he says audibly for his voice to carry through the door.

A sound on the other end signifies the scraping of a latch in the door and it being hurriedly opened by the occupant. Cody, a young man with bright blonde hair and a smooth complexion seems much more disheveled and gaunt in his appearance, as though he hasn't eaten. His movements are jerky as he looks to Konrad with what might be considered a hopeful expression.

Konrad enters the room, speaking with the Ghoul. It seems he hasn't been fed by Konrad since the incident and the addiction had begun to cause withdrawal to set in. He begs Konrad for any amount he might give, just to get him through the night. The Savage promises a taste if he can behave himself. He explains that he brought a friend, someone who can help determine the reason for Cody's mental lapse.

Finally Konrad calls Martha in. He doesn't introduce her, preferring to keep Cody in the dark. Cody is seated on the edge of a simple motel bed, clothed in a buttoned up shirt and jeans, unarmed by the look of it. Konrad stays ready, his hand pressed on Cody's shoulder while the other one reaches back into his coat for the knife sheathed there.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling, hooking her cane over her arm and showing Cody her empty hands in the universal gesture of peaceful intent, she limps gently over to greet Cody and sit next to him on the bed.

"Good evening, Cody. I'm here to help you. Please do as I say. I won't hurt you." she smiles, keen to show sincerity and purity of purpose.

Her peg leg sticks out as she takes her seat. Resting her cane across her lap, she smiles to Cody once again and, stroking his hair with gentle hands, she tries and fails to gain any insight from the realm of Dreams...

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-02 22:20:33 Martha Villiers rolls 1 to Dream Visions re Cody (1) (10 Again) 1 failure

Undeterred, she breathes out. Trying, through gestures alone, and with her best harmless-schoolgirl-here-to-help smile and demeanor, to encourage Cody to adopt a steady, relaxing, breathing pattern...

"Relax, Cody..." she coos softly. Stroking his hair with care and attention.

Focusing her mental powers upon Cody, she exerts her Will and tries to penetrate his Mind...searching for answers to many questions...

-1 Willpower vs Ghoul

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-02 22:45:51 Martha Villiers rolls 9 to Examine Cody (Int+Soc+Aus)-(Res+Comp+0)=6 (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 4, 1, 4, 3, 8, 8, 2, 5 3 successes

Penetrating beyond Cody's defenses, Martha begins to diligently and carefully explore Cody's mind and memories. Using her combined insight into the powers of Auspex, an understanding of the disciplines of the Mind of the Unblinking Servant to look for signs of any external forces exploiting or commanding Cody remotely... and, searching for traces of the attack and the identity of the arch-perpetrator...

9. Likes Violet liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Martha fails.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-02 23:00:59 Cody rolls 7 to do something insignificant (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 10, 9, 1, 7, 9, 5, 6 3 successes
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

At the sight of Martha, Cody does not lunge nor reach or a hidden weapon as he did before. Instead he seems entranced by the petite and pretty Shadow, so welcoming and kind. He almost seems to be calmed, if only slightly.

Konrad waits patiently, watching Martha as she gives her undivided attention to the Ghoul. He doesn't wish to interrupt whatever process she is undergoing. He wonders briefly what secrets the Mekhet Kindred might gleam about Konrad from Cody's memories, and what she might do with the information if she can procure it. Suddenly he feels out of sorts, the occult world seeming more alien to him than before.

The passage of time weighs heavier as the moment draws on.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread