Ended
Watch

A Needed Visit

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    S
    Sasha

It felt different, walking to a place she knew very well, knowing it would be minus one. At least she brought a little something with her that L'aire knew Rick Pereg enjoyed. It was a hearty blend, one called Highlander Grog with rich nutty notes and bold taste and hints of nutmeg and cinnamon.

The Fairest wore jeans and a simple blouse, no reason to be fancy. The Cleareyes was like an older brother; he was family and family had gotten much smaller in the past month.

Sighing as she looked at the Treehouse Hollow, like it knew it was missing something. Like it felt Terri wasn't there right now.

*Knock Knock*

L

The door swings open not long at all after L'aire's knock. Either he'd been waiting there for her arrival, or one of the wards he'd laid in the Hedge had tipped him off about her approach. "Hey, nice of you to drop by." He was dressed simply as well, he almost always was in the Hedge. Comfortable and durable was always the order of the day in those wilds.

He steps to the side slightly, giving her a clear path into the treehouse. The far too empty treehouse.

"Come on in."

S
    Sasha

Her head shrunk into her neck a little as she grinned a bit. “Hey… yeah, no problem.” L’aire already began to feel the urge of awkwardness coming on. She couldn’t remember when she’s just talked to Rick alone, ever. But it was possible it may have happened.

“Okay.” Stepping in through the doorway into the treehouse. Reflexively looking to see if there were any changes that happened yet.

“Uh, here. Coffee.” Handing the bag of already ground granules to the Elemental.

She thought about just walking right to the kitchen and hopping up on a stool, or going for the sofa, but the Dancer waited right by the door. It was hard not to feel a change, but L’aire didn’t want to be all too casual now, it was Rick’s place until the Squirrel returned.

Because things don't feel weird enough without her here, you have to be all sheepish now... lovely.

L

The treehouse has changed a bit, or started to at least. It was a place that had been maintained by two people, now there was just one. The wards were beginning to diminish, the Hedge was beginning to creep back in amongst the construction. So he'd been...condensing the place, so to speak. Some of the outer rooms were being sealed off as he kept things to an area he could more easily maintain.

"Thanks," he accepts the the bag of coffee from her, heading to the kitchen to start it brewing. "I'll get it going."

"How've you been doing?"

S
    Sasha

“Um…” Following Rick to the kitchen, it wasn’t hard to see that maybe he may need some help with upkeep. Not that he wasn’t capable but the Onyx felt more confident about something else she’d need to ask.

“Not the greatest.” L’aire had decided to admit it to him. They’d chosen to be Motley mates before. Why should it change. And Rick was the closest person she had right now.

“Well, as good as you, I imagine.” Pulling the note from her back pocket, the Dancer didn’t know why she’d been holding on to it for a little while. Maybe a cold reminder that she shouldn’t do relationships.

“I also got this shortly after last court and an open mic night.” Handing it to the Elemental.

L

He regarded the note curiously as he accepted it from her. Then his gaze dropped as he scanned the words covering the paper. So...then, apparently there were two reasons why she was having a rough time of things. She probably felt akin to how he would have if Marcus had left the Freehold right along with Terri. And Terri's departure was bad enough.

"Oh," he folded the note back up, and set it down on the table. "You...must be having an even rougher time of things than I realized." There's a soft sigh as he sets the water percolating through the coffee grounds, and his gaze strays to the tangled thorns outside. A part of him just wanted to go, wander through them, lose himself in them. Unpredictable and dangerous as they may have been, he couldn't deny the way they called to him.

But he quashed that urge, instead pulling out a chair for her as he settled into his own on the other side of the table. "Anything I can do to help?"

S
    Sasha

L’aire didn’t really know what to say at first. She went to say something a few times, finally settling on what came next. “With Terri, yes. I hope she comes back soon, for your sake at least. Hard not having someone to um… girl talk with?” Her shoulders rising, her face apologetic, but it was the truth. “But, well, um. You know, you’re just as good. I mean. Well, not a substitute. Um…” Her hand went up to her face a moment, touching her forehead and flipping outward. “Sorry, I’m not good at this stuff. As you well know.”

“But, Kyle. It’s like I expected it? Like I wasn’t a part of his goals or needs. Maybe I misread a lot. I’m a girl, we do that.” Shaking her head, L’aire rolled her eyes at herself. "But not as bad as the other time..."

“This.” Circling her hand between them. “This is help.”

“How are you handling…. stuff?” The smell of hot water moving through fresh grounds was intoxicating and calming.

L

"And I'm glad to be of help." Granted he wasn't entirely certain how he was helping already. But he'd take it, he supposed.

"Me, I'm managing, more or less." With the upkeep of the Hollow probably falling under the less category. Just...not as many hands for the work. "Just keeping myself occupied, trying not to dwell on things too much." It helped, at least, to a degree.

"So, if you you expeted it...why'd you keep things going with him? Hoping you were wrong? Or..."

S
    Sasha

“Just managing?” The Fairest asked reflexively. “I mean, yeah, I get not wanting to dwell.” Looking around at the tree house again, she began to say something aloud. “Maybe I…” Stopping in her tracks, but suddenly switching wasn’t going to be any less difficult.

Glancing at the coffee before answering Rick, desperately wanting something to fidget with, she still responded. “Um, I dunno. If it was him and I, alone, it was nice. I get when everyone in the Freehold is all together, that conversations are hard.” L’aire felt she suffered from that as much as some others did, if not more than a most.

“Yeah, hoping I was wrong. Hoping that it would be like someone… err.” Her lips pursed slightly and she breathed in and sighed deeply.

L

"Hope is always an important thing to have." That was certainly one of the things Terri impressed upon people that spent any amount of time around her. Keeping it in mind...was like holding onto a piece of her, in a way. "Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. But if you never put yourself out there...you miss out on so much."

And in the end, it was worth it.

He pondered what she'd been saying as he poured out the cups of coffee. Or rather, what she hadn't said. Twice she'd cut herself off mid-sentence.

Her cup was placed gently down on the table, before he walked around to take a seat opposite of her. "Maybe you should...what?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.