Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1508) A Simple Affair

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    T

In the shaman's backyard, not much more than a patch of grass, a small round BBQ sat with the burner's fired up heating the coal that would in turn cook the meat. Two eskies sat on the ground, the smaller one holding more two dozen sausages and the larger keeping a slab of beer at the perfect temperature. Striker waited for Flidais, and potentially even Zilker wondering where all the Thyrsus had gone.

Flidais arrived, instead of normal smart casual she wore a long flowing dress that came down to her ankles, the kind of dress you would find at shops named 'the living tree' or 'enchanted forest'. Puppy was following beside as they approached the door, on the other side Flidais had her hand full with a bag containing supplies she said she would bring.

*Knock Knock*
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

T

Listening for someone at the door Striker heard the knock and turned the burner down between medium and low. The coals were hot now and they just needed the reminder to stay that way. As he headed to the door he considered that he could probably heat the coals without the gas if he needed, or just cook the sausages without the coals or BBQ. For that matter he could just grab a tree branch and make it edible, but where was the fun in that? He opened the door to Flidais and gave her a smile as he held it open so she could enter. "Hey how ya doin'? Just through the back, I'm about to put the snags on the barbie." he said.

Flidais flowed through the house and out to the small backyard.

"Thanks for the invite, this is Puppy, Puppy Introduce yourself." Flidais said stepping through, the dog following but then stopped to introduce herself to striker. Puppy raised one paw ready to shake hands and made a noise that was as close to speech that a dogs anatomy could get, which ultimately was no where near close. "Raa...Reee" Flidais smirked at Puppy's introduction, if course it was no surprise, she taught her to do it, but it was still amusing.

"Would you like these somewhere?" Flidais asked holding up some Ciders and some nice bread.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

T

Striker squatted down to Puppy and took her paw with a smile. "G'day mate. Fliddy's done a good job with you ay." he said to the pooch before giving it a quick scratch behind the neck.

"Drinks are in the big esky. Help yourself to beers. Bread can go on the table." He said indicating a simple folding table next to the BBQ that held a pair of scissors and tongs, BBQ, tomato and sweet chili sauces. "Yeah well it's been awhile since we've had enough Thyrsus around to actually meet like this. To be honest I only sat in at the Councillor's table for the Thrysus 'cause Zilker doesn't seem to want the job. You got any experience in politics an' stuff?" he asked the new Thyrsus.

"Do you think you can handle puppy when she is off duty?" Flidais asked as she moved over to the esky and stuff. Meanwhile Puppy didn't do much more then sit, although the shaking tail was a clear give away of excitement. Flidais grabs a cider from what she brought before placing the rest in the esky.

"I find it interesting that your definition of enough Thyrsi is 2, maybe 3. As for politics, I once joined a wolf pack for a few months in Canada, but people politics, not so much. I speak plainly where possible, follow the wisdom of beasts and natural order, and I am only passable at reading lies from body language and expression. Do with that information as you will, of course I am happy to answer more questions."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

T

"Handle puppy? You lookin' for someone to look after 'er?" the shaman asked interested. "I mean I've got work, but I can probably help out sometimes."

"You ahh? Joined an actual wolf pack ay? What was that like? Did ya have ta, ya know, do all the wolfie things to fit in?" he asked with no small amount of fascination.

He stood and started pulling the sausages out of the esky. "Yeah well there hasn't been a lot of us in the city recently. A few of us have come an' go, includin' the councillors." he picked up a pair of scissors and began cutting the sausage links apart. "So I filled in last meetin' but only 'cause no-one else was gonna do it. If you don't want to do it either no worries, but I thought I'd ask ay. So I'm supposed to represent Thyrsus to the council and make sure if you got any issues that'll affect everyone that they get mentioned as well as keep you in the loop about what the council's doin' and what it expects from you." Striker began gently tossing the now un-linked meat onto the grill where it bounced gently and began to sizzle satisfyingly.

Flidais gave a wicked grin. "That's not what I meant about handle Puppy" Flidais said as she bent down, undid a clip and removed the vest and leash from Puppy, almost as if a switch had been flipped the calm was gone, instead replaced by a tail that rotated quick enough it could power a house or two if hooked up to a generator. Puppy did a quick run on the spot in a circle, Puppy jumped up to Flidais, immediately landed on the ground as Flidais redirected the dog towards Striker. The ball of energy covered the distance almost instantly and tried to jump up to Strikers face, in the manner that excited dogs do. Once done on the ground Puppy would start to do laps around Strikers legs before rebounding back and forth between the two Thyrsi.

"As for joining the wolf pack, yes, wolfie things had to be done, although I did cheat a bit, it was eye opening, they are quite sophisticated and you really get a sense of their communication after a few weeks of nothing but wolf noises. It was amazing, in a way it felt like home, the intensity, the hunt, adrenaline coursing through every fibre, it is how I would like to spend my last years, assuming nothing else captures my interest between now and then." She said, as she spoke a dreamy far off look appears in her eyes as she remembers.

"Ah... I see what you mean, in that case I will take it if you don't want it, there are no other Mysterium on the council and I would like to see a voice given there. So is there anything I should know about, I am currently interviewing cabals, Have some meetings planned, anything else I need to do?" She asked and then looked at partially cooked sausage and down at the hyperactive fuzzball. "May I?" indicating to the sausage and then Puppy.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

T

Striker caught the enervated Puppy and let her lick his face and bounce around. He hadn't realised how much he'd missed just being able to enjoy messing around with a dog. The ones he dealt with at the vet weren't usually this excited or bubbly. Once the furry ball of energy let him back to his feet, he grabbed the tongs and turned the sausages the brown on the other side. He offered one to Puppy at Flidias' request and looked at her with interest.

"Well. Like I said. There's been a bunch of people comin' an' goin' and I'd rather have someone in who's gonna stick around." he said before turning the last sausage and tapping the tongs thoughtfully against the grill. The self proclaimed Thyrsus Councillor looked Flidias in the eyes and made his offer. "Tell ya what. I'll hang onto the duties for now but I'll hand them off at the next big meetin' ay? Least then you'll have a chance to get yourself grounded before you're expected to start doin' stuff." He put the tongs down then slapped himself in the forehead. "Ya dickhead." He said to himself before looking back at Flidias again. "I forgot. There was a big who-ha about requirement's for positions an' stuff and you need to be part of an active cabal to be councillor anyway. Jeez. It's all in the papers. I've got 'em upstairs and I'll give 'em to ya after ay?" he offered.

Flidais smiles as Puppy jumps on Striker and the arrow doesn't flinch or step back. Flidais face doesn't change much as Striker goes on to explain how things are.
    "Well, I should be in one soon. That reminds me, Miach was supposed to set up a meet and greet. I have met two thirds of your cabal but I do not know who the last one is. Maybe you could arrange it so I can see if your last member is as welcoming and nice as the first two?" Flidais asked with a sweet little almost purr like noise.

"Oh! I wanted to ask you about Avis, she seems to have an issue with me I think. At least that's what I have heard" Flidais said with a shrug referring to general comments that has floated down through the grapevine
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread