Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

American River Bike Trail

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    T

He looked at his calendar. It had been over a month since he'd met with Slick and he'd heard nothing. Time to take the initiative. He sent her a message, then began walking the American River Bike Trail where it began at 45 Broadway. He struck North, knowing he would be skirting the Granite Watchtower's territory, but that he would soon get to the southern reaches of Tiscornia Park, that Bullrush had claimed. Hopefully he would find someone willing to talk.

The moon is 55% of full in the sky.

L

Even after the meeting, she'd still never quite managed to reach a decision on whether to contact Bull Rush or not. For quite a while, at least. The past was still what it was, and that would always keep those matters complicated. She'd not for one second tried to delude herself otherwise.

Not everyone, however, had that same history. It was simpler for them. So of course Chuck had reached his decision faster.

But in the end, not long after Chuck starts skirting the Watchtower's territory its Alpha materializes out of the darkness. He'd seen her once in a suit, after her day job. He'd seen her once in her hunting outfit, after a mission to lay low one of the biggest threats in the city. Tonight she was again dressed in dark clothes, nondescript and easy to move in. They were pretty much always what she found appropriate for werewolf business, after all.

"Hoping to stumble across one of their Border Patrols, or did you come up with a plan to get in touch with them."

She, of course, had Bull Rush's number...but was fairly certain that he didn't.

T

Chuck smiled a small smile and stopped walking when he noticed Chantay appear. It was a pleasant surprise and somewhat reassuring to know that he may have some support when he continued north.

At her question his head tilted ever so slightly. Doesn't she know that she was my plan to get in contact with Bullrush? Enduring Tony's uncouth remarks just to get her number.

"Border patrols was one option. I was hoping you might have a better way of getting in touch but thought you may have been busy." he said sympathetically. "So I decided to try for plan B, as you said, border patrols. Bullrush seemed amenable to discussing his ideas so I hoped he would be somewhat welcoming of someone willing to listen at the least." he explained his reasoning before gesturing up the path.

"Shall we?" he asked, inviting Chantay to join him on his walk but waiting for her response before continuing.

L

"Bull Rush generally is amenable to discussion. Don't know about the rest of his pack, though." Nor could they know who they might encounter patrolling the border.

Which was why she brought up a number on her phone that she hadn't used in a very long time indeed. One that, for the longest time, she'd never thought she'd have any reason to use again. She supposed that meant being too lazy to clean out your contacts list had some advantages after all. In any case, Bull Rush receives a short and simple message.

~Up for a chat tonight?

Then the phone was slipped away again, and she continued on the way towards the border. "And yes, we shall."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

There is a few minutes of waiting as the two wolves walk around the area, before they come across a clear sign in first tongue runes carved into the trail markers that enter in the parks: <<Uratha live here>> and <<Enter and die.>> Which, as Chantay and Chuck both know well, are really the same rune set.

A few minutes later, there is a return text.
    Of course, Where would you like to meet me?
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

L

~We're by your markers at the entrance to the park. Chuck wanted to tag along too.

He hadn't specifically invited any others along, but she somehow doubted he'd mind having another to explain things too. Unless he felt threatened at the thought of another Urdaga around. But she somehow doubted that Bull Rush would find Chuck to be all that threatening. So probably not an issue.

"Well, he says he's up for a meeting tonight."

T

"Good." Chuck replied simply as they continued north. "Did he say where he would meet us?" he inquired wondering how far into the territory they would be going and how close to the Pure they may get.

L

"He asked where I wanted to meet, I told him where we were." She shrugs, leaning back against the nearest tree. "He'll probably be along before too long. Maybe with one of his packmates or two." Not that she was particularly concerned by that possibility.Setting up an ambush like this wouldn't be Bull Rush's style.

Or hadn't been, at least. Probably still wasn't. And if it was now? She'd manage.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

A large white duck glides down in front of the two werewolves. It stares at them with black eyes, looking up and down, first at chuck, and then at Chantay.
    Chantay

It quacks at both of the Forsaken, before spreading its wings and flapping away to the north, deeper into the park.

"Hello Chantay, I've missed you."
    Says a soft, professorial voice from the direction of the duck's retreat. He looks at her with an open smile. He is wearing a white button down shirt and some jeans that look surprisingly undistressed considering the werewolf lifestyle.

He looks over at Chuck. "Good day Chuck."
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

L

She'd expected to see one figure from her past here, she'd known Bull Rush would show up. But Mothering Duck? It had been long years since she'd last seen her, since she'd been unable to shield her former totem from the spirits that had come for her, since she'd watched as the spirit had been forced to flee.

She hadn't expected to ever see Mothering Duck again.

And for a bare second it looks like she's almost ready to follow her former totem, even if it did mean crossing into the Reclaimers territory. But only for a second, she was Meninna after all, and did not take such things lightly.

Then she heard him, and turned towards her former packmate. "Bull Rush...where did you find her? It's been years since I've seen her. I thought she'd been driven from Sacramento completely."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last