Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

From the Depths

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Bindings rustle and snap as the captive tries to free himself. There's a shiver and flinch at the touch of her cold dead hands, and eyes clouded with pain and panic meet hers.

Even as the Lord's will slowly subsumes his, there's something more.

"Okay."

The struggle against the bonds slow and still. Pupils dilate slightly and lips part. Another slow shiver runs through the thrall, and the restraints tighten again as he tries to raise his hands. Josephine can see it in his eyes, fixed on hers, as her Blood which healed also bonds. The panic fades, and the officer's head turns slightly, nuzzling in to one of her palms.

"Can I have..." The tip of his tongue slides out, wetting lips. "...More?"

Jojo Finally Dominates Someone!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-23 22:00:32 PoPo rolls 5 to dem popo, they got the Atts like Jagger (-2) (10 Again) 9, 6, 3, 4, 7 1 success
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

s
    sumthingpositiv

When David corrects Katya on her incorrect assumption, she catches the gauze he and Twist share and decides not to stall planning with the minor detail, but it is a concern for her own duties that she seems to be again on a different page from the others.

Nodding, she says "That should give me plenty of time to contact my family and see if they are available." when that business is decided, she turns her attention to Josephine's prisoner as Katya recalled the Lord asking for her help.

Unskilled in the power of mental coercion, Katya remains silent as she stares at the ghoul, waiting to see if he indeed obeys. He does, although the fact that he has the audacity to ask his master for reward invokes Katya's anger. Not wanting to disrupt the link between the two, she remains silent, standing just behind Josephine for additional support should the ghoul prove to be resistant. It certainly wouldn't be the first one she'd heard about.

C
    Casitive

Realization about the map settles and David nods to himself. Instead of pointing out what he found, however, he reminds Rina, “Come prepared for anything. If you have a second, proper knife; I'll be grateful if you'd allow me to use it.” There's only so much an (formally) implement of the Kitchen can take.

The Shadow Dragon is about to depart, busily rolling up the maps and picking up after himself, when the thrall wakes. A brow raises not because of the sudden motion but from the sharp, stabbing sound of breathing. It is a sound out of place with the rest of the room and makes David suddenly realize that none in the room have been breathing – other than to talk. In fact, Cozette is to be commended for making her own breathing escape notice.

David's movements slow, watching both Josephine and Katya begin their interrogation.

PRE

Light pressure was applied to the ghouls eyes and then the dead hands left the wretch's face as Josephine rose and turned to regard the others.

"So hungry for answers, Gaius, and yet you do not even stay to hear them. Your hunt will have no purpose if you do not stop to savor the kill. The words of the dead are only read in the entrails, and in the dust or loam where violence first claimed them. But, go, and Portia and I will hear their whispered secrets."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dealing with the remnants of blood on her wrist and wrapping the 'wound', Twist only kept half an ear on the conversations continuing about the room. At the sound of the ghoul waking, she did however glance over, if out of curiosity more than anything else.

Raising an eyebrow at Josephine's commentary, Gaius? Portia? she did not interrupt the proceedings with any vocalized commentary, choosing instead to step closer, her attention now fully directed to the going on of the others.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Gilroy's brow knit in slight confusion and concern. First for the new ability being demonstrated. Was this another form of memory manipulation. Had she placed herself as an important figure in his past. She had done it so quickly! That was worrying. Though perhaps not as much as Sterling's comments. Was she making some sort of Shakespearean reference or was she speaking in code. Was there some scriptural symbolism he should understand at this point?

Kenneth bit the inside of his mouth.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    The Prince's Ghoul
    The Prince's Ghoul
    This Mortal Coil

"Dame Yui."

The ghoul's voice is only a decibel above a whisper. Whether it from the hesitance of intruding, or witnessing the shameful behavior of the other ghoul, her downcast eyes keep hidden.

"The Prince has instructed me to inquire whether you will be accepting the mantle of Reeve of the Domain."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina observes as Josephine awakens and begins interrogating the officer. She remains silent while it occurs - Rina was never particularly skilled at interrogation, considering it an area in which she could afford to improve herself. The Priscus seemed to have it in hand, anyway.

At Regan's question, she turned to him, uttering a quiet "Hm?". There was a pause, then she responded. "Yes, of course. I maintain several long blades I would be pleased to provide for your use, but no secondary knife at the moment. I can easily acquire one, however, and have it ready by the time I am ready for an assault." She bowed her head slightly and then looked to Cozette.

Cozette's question elicited a much longer pause, as Rina worked through the statement, processed it, and was silently stunned. She let the silence continue for a while before she responded. "Madame Yui, please." were the first words out of her mouth, followed by "Inform His Grace that he does me a great kindness in offering this position to me, and I would be honored to serve him and the Domain in this capacity." The words sounded almost rehearsed, as formal as they sounded. The Shadow quietly bowed her head in a long nod, then spoke again. "Might I inquire as to what occurred to the previous holder of the title?"
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

s
    sumthingpositiv

Portia? Katya wonders, basing the structure of Josephine's sentence as evidence that Josephine is the "and I" and she is the former. If not, that's going to be my new fetlife name.

Katya remains fixated on the ghoul, wondering if the code names were meant to conceal their true identities from the ghoul in the event that some power was used to tap into his senses like a wire. Her attention is taken only when Cozette enters and announces Rina's new position. Katya is not at all surprised, and is in fact relieved now that there is less of a black hole in the ranks of the Royal Court. When Rina inquires about Chris, Katya turns her head ever so slightly and says No punishment or incident occurred, it was a conscious decision made by your predecessor." in a gentle tone. Rina can catch the side of Katya's eye staring at her, a slight nod tipped to her as she says "congratulations, Madame Yui."." she could elaborate more to the new Reeve later in a more appropriate setting, but for now, a simple confirmation that no explicit drama occurred from former Reeve's fellow Acolyte would do.

C
    Casitive

Through adversity, to the stars. Isn't that what is scrawled above the court room of the Nox? Rina Yui certainly has embodied the phrase, rising to Reeve, after having proven her mettle in the crucible of Unlife. David offers the new Reeve a deferential bow in congratulations.

Thank you Junia,” David replies to Josephine in soft-spoken tones as though afraid that any louder, and the spell the Ventrue has woven over the thrall would break. “I will stay if it pleases, but I will remain a quiet Witness to the proceedings. Perhaps what I will hear will contribute to some ataraxia.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 25

You do not have permission to view the list of names.