Ended
Watch

About that Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

After their shopping adventure, Cordoba gave thought to Vivian's suggestion of a pool party hosted by Clan Daeva. Having some time available, he invited her over to his Haven. A non-descriptive apartment located within the Domain. A call button awaited his guest's arrival.

Upon being buzzed in, the Toreador greeted her warmly, "Good to see you, Vivian." Her weaker Blood still singing of temptation. Fortunately, time had helped ease that siren call.

Holding the door open for her to enter. Once inside, on display is a canvas sitting atop a tarp with some foundation of a painting. Along the walls are portraits. A black leather couch and TV face one another. A kitchen and doors - presumably closet, bedroom, bathroom.

After Vivian enters, Juan closes the door behind them.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian was surprised that Juan gave her the address to his Haven. A bold and trusting move for any Kindred. Quite often she’d earned the trust of quite a few back in her time, and probably regretted it later.

She wore a simple, practical navy blue suit. A sheen graced the threads of the fabric and it nearly shimmered if the light caught it. Her heels clicked as she walked the floors of the Spaniards Haven. “Good to see you too, Juan.” Glad that the formalities weren’t necessary at his home.

But, the Daeva wasn’t about to start that mess in Sacramento. She enjoyed her time here so far, even if it wasn’t as adventurous as England or Toronto. As she walked of course she noticed the paintings on the wall, how could she not. They literally jumped off the wall. “Mmm, I like this moon one.” Tapping the wall beneath the frame. “Oh, and this one of the angels.” Turning to Juan swiftly. “What, no red rose adorning your walls?” She shook her head and chuckled devilishly.

J
    Juan Cordoba

"The moon was quite the sight..." he replied with a hint of nostalgia in his voice. "It was a wonderful night back then." Looking to the portrait of the angels, "Paradise Lost. Milton did an excellent job telling the story of the War in Heaven. Wonderful tale if you happen upon it."

Her remark garnered a devilish grin of his own, "Like all good things, that will come along in due time." He cast a look about the room. "I doubt I'll be staying in this spot for much longer. I plan on upgrading..."

With a smile he asked, "How have you been since we last spoke? Hmm?" He dared not inquire about Chris.

V
    Vivian York

“I’m never opposed to reading. I just prefer recommended books, such as that.” Nodding toward the painting and Juan. “A War in Heaven, hmm does sound like an interesting read. The whole good versus evil is timeless in so many cultures.” Even their own it seemed.

She figured by now, the Priscus of Succubae in Sacrament and a painter, would have at least made something rose-like. “Well, as much as we hate to admitted, it may seem like we have plenty of time… but some do not.” Since Vivian had been in Sacramento she’d witnessed two deaths. “For example, the Monomacy challenges we’ve had since I arrived.” Humor in her voice despite that it wasn’t really that funny. But, death didn’t bother her, just her own.

“Other than that, I’ve been quite well.” Other than the Daeva was growing bored, even if it was a good thing that she didn’t care to admit. “And you? Any excitement you’ve taken part in as of late?”

J
    Juan Cordoba

"Should I come across any other literature that might interest you, I'll be sure to recommend them."

As Vivian spoke of the Monomacies, Cordoba's response was nonchalant, "You're fortunate to only have seen that. My first few appearances at Court were a bit more violent." He was content to leave it at that.

"Speaking of time and the lack of it...It's been a challenge setting time aside for my own endeavors." He gestured to the couch, an invitation for Vivian. He took a seat at the opposite end.

"On top of the usual politicking, I spent the tail end of last year and about until March or April, dealing with a cult. An egomaniac leading death-worshiping lunatics." He drummed his fingers on the arm of the couch. "If the name Michael Redfill rings a bell, it was on his request when he was a Regent."

"Humor me if you would, what gossip have you heard?"

V
    Vivian York

“Fabulous, dahling.” She grinned ear to ear at the possible recommendations.

“Really. More violent than monomacy? That sounds quite intriguing.” Unsure if he’d elaborate or it was full stop.

Vivian paused as she took a seat, not sure if that face or name rung a bell. Crossing her legs in a very comfortable manner. “Redfill. No, can’t say I’ve heard of him. Cults are fascinating, I know many have been dealing with something strange as well. I had assisted until a point that I was needed. Apparently I’m not needed.” She shrugged slightly. The Daeva cared greatly about what happened to them, but why they didn’t ask, not her concern.

“No gossip really. Other than the usual. The Carthians are being Carthians. I’m not sure what they were attempting to do in court last, but it was off putting to say the least.” Vivian shook her head with a chuckle. “Like a bloody swarm of mosquitoes.”

“Other than that, I spoke with Twist a few weeks ago.” The tiniest of smirk on the corner of her lip.

J
    Juan Cordoba

A momentary smile lifted up his lips. Hearing Vivian's subtlety was pleasantly re-assuring. "I think I can share with you what I saw at my first Court..." a distant yet distinct memory, "I was talking to Allison Black that night. Some fool went over and started laughing at the Prince." Cordoba rolled his eyes at the absurdity of the situation. "His punishment was swift and final." A casual shrug. "There's simply some things one should know not to do."

Hearing about the end result of the cult made him shake his head, "That appears to be a common theme. Draw up a plan and then immediately throw it in the garbage." Juan sighed, remaining silent in thought for a few moments. Meeting eyes with the younger Daeva, "Your efforts show to me there's hope. You've done well for yourself. For that I am proud."

"So," leading into a request, "Tell me, how did your meeting with Twist go?"

V
    Vivian York

“Foolish! What an insolent clod!” Shaking her head at the garish behavior. “I do wonder why he laughed at him, however, considering how swift the punishment had been, it was probably not in good taste to say the least.” It was beyond interesting to know what happened, but she was grateful there were no imbicles who clomped through the Elysia as of late.

Vivian’s head ducked forward, her hands spreading outward from her lap a moment. “Sometimes plans change, for necessity sake. We can’t always know what the person or people in question will do. Plans are stellar, yet, one needs to be ready for sudden change at a moments notice.”

Laughing slightly, “Well, I haven’t had an opportunity to follow up further with that mess. I know that Chris and Josephine had encounters the last time.”

Leaning back, a little more relaxed, the Daeva grinned ear to ear. “Wonderful. Twist is an incredible woman. I hope that when she has time we’re able to work on some further training. We also discussed perhaps the Clan hosting a Domain party. Haven’t thought of a theme yet and discussing it with the Prince is in order as well. Clearly, the family first… if they’re interested.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

Chris and Josephine followed up on the situation...and neglected to include Vivian. He simply shook his head. "That's gravely disappointing. I had thought they both would recognize your value."

His arm upon the rest raised up, two fingers tapped against his skull. "I very much agree with you on planning, Vivian, I truly do," Cordoba replied with thinly veiled frustration. "It's just...well...as you've experienced; working with other Kindred is challenging, let alone getting things done." He debated on addressing one topic or the other first. "I may have need of you. However, that's a separate subject altogether."

A fleeting frown passed on his lips and his eyes closed, "No, I won't be the wet blanket here." He withdrew his hand from his head, "You always bring me good news," a sincere smile appeared. "This idea of a Domain party sounds positively exciting. And to have an audience with His Grace, this is most auspicious."

The Toreador's mood brightened considerably. "No theme yet, we can work on that." Eyes darted around the room for inspiration, "Perhaps a particular decade of the past century?"

V
    Vivian York

Violet quirked her brow, apparently what she said was slightly misleading. “I’m fairly positive they do. But to have everyone involved in a situation and no back up plan is absurd. Besides, if something happened to them all, no one would have any information about the events leading up to it. Correct?” Her forehead rose with a slight nod of affirmation.

One of the reasons she left Toronto was her involvement in so many Kindred issues. Or issues they got their fangs in. “Perhaps, but we shall see.” Was all she could offer. Not about to get her own fangs into too many things once again.

“Yes, I would love to have audience with His Grace, of course. What is the most proper way to address him by the by?” And then, the Daeva grinned with an interesting look upon her face. “I’d had to come to him without having some sort of, influence on our Family though.” The hint was dropped, the next she may need to verbally slap the words on his face. But, Vivian was patient with men, particularly her Priscus. He was gorgeous and did seem to care for their family.

Her eyes lit up brightly. “Yes, yes. I would love to at least offer His Grace a chance to have a say first. But, roaring 20’s, Victorian or even Greek are some of my personal favorites. Absolutely no sock hops or hippie era bullocks though.”

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.