Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Blue Octavo) Crusing for Leads

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    M
    Matrixchild

The car was small but it would have to do. He hadn't saved up much and it was either keep paying for cabs or deal with a cheap car. It was an old compact model with just enough room for two to squeeze in the back, if they liked each other. The interior was torn, the ceiling lining was falling slightly and it only had a radio, which didn't always work. The benefit was that it didn't stand out in a crowd and allowed for easy surveillance and recon.

In the car with him were Arthur and Star. He didn't pay much attention to them, had to focus on the road and all, so he didn't know what they were doing. He just kept his phone on the dash and followed the GPS to Del Paso Heights, unsure what he'd find, but ready for the worst.

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Knees together, elbows on the lap. Arthur tries to give Star some space in the back as well. Sure cabalmates but getting all on top of each other would be a bit weird. Arthur's head bobs to a tempo only heard in his head. Namely GDFR.

Wand taps out the beat on his thigh as Imago's form in Arthur's mind. The car around him is largely ignored. Well maybe a Cabal car would be a good investment but Avis was talking of burner phones. So maybe a shitty car?..burner car? Do those exist?

"Sooo..." A glance between the two Guardians. "The cops let us in on where to go. We wait till they are gone then?"

Unseen Shield, Read Matrices
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-07-21 22:53:15 Arthur rolls 7 to Cruising - Read Matrices (10 Again) 5, 9, 6, 10, 4, 4, 7, 6 2 successes
    2015-07-21 22:52:42 Arthur rolls 7 to Cruising - Unseen Shield (10 Again) 4, 7, 10, 9, 7, 3, 6, 7 2 successes
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Dude, like, what's that smell?"

They could probably hide this car in The Van. Legit.

"I think you ate something, and, like, dropped it. Do you vacuum? What happened here?"
    A long finger stabbed at the sagging headliner. Also, seriously. Car washes, yo. They have vacuums, too. This wasn't a car, it was a rolling bacteria incubator.

"Is that a wand. For real? You have a wand. Like a Harry Potter thing? Dude. How do you, like, pass that off? 'Hi, I'm the conductor of my orchestra of imaginary friends'? Sorry. I mean, sure, if a wand is your thing, more power to you. I'm just, like, probably super-biased. That whole Guardian thing. Anyway. Ummmm. Nice wand. Super nice. Do you have robes? Like Einstein? You ever selfie with your robe on holding your wand?"

Feet pushed slightly, edging for more leg room.

"Are we there yet?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Kelreth, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

He listened as he drove. Obviously there was no music to distract him. "Well I figure it'd be best to wait till they do their thing. Unfortunately, that means we won't get access to anything they tag and bag, but we should easily have access to the scene."

Hearing Star's complaints he just said, "I didn't have a car so I picked one up for cheap. I don't spend much time in it so I haven't gotten around to cleaning it. It's just temporary."

He did have to agree with Star about the absurdity of the wand though. His coin was much more subtle.

ooc

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Petrified wood, wrapped in steel, beaten to be smooth along its length. Subtle it is not. "Yep a wand. I haven't had to pass it off yet." Arthur gives a minute shrug in the confines of the car. Damn Star's right about the smell.

"I do have a robe but it's an actual robe. Not that halloween costume." A lip curls at the thought of his robe being compared to that costume. "No selfies." Probably.

"I can make us invisible..." Arthur trails off as he looks between the two Guardians. "Butttt I figure you both might be opposed?"

ooc

C
    Casitive

Here is one of the places of a city that will never make it onto tourism websites. Area 4, it's north of the American River. Once upon a time, it used to be owned by a single man. Now, it is just another neighborhood trying to get by.

The people who live here are proud and they look out for their own. Barber-shops and beauty salons here are the centers of rumor, gossip, and discussions. Loud music tumbles out of open windows and heavy Air Conditioners drip water slowly on the ground. Bodegas stand sentry at the corner clothed in too-bright colors. However, the marks and scars of a neighborhood that has a 2% higher crime-rate than the rest of the city shows through.

Bodegas have bullet-proof glass. Churches sprout up like weeds for people who hope for a better tomorrow and want something good to believe in rather than their terrible present. Rich brown eyes stare at the white-people driving around in a car, each face memorized by concerned citizens and less-so.

The place where Arthur and July's contacts show them to, is crawling with blues who are also being stared down by older black women conversing amongst themselves. It's a mobile base of operations: yellow caution tape, the large coroner van, Molina and Barton talking animatedly between themselves. The focus for the cadre of police officers is a dank, dark alley-way. A home for dumpsters, stray animals, and broken fire-escapes.

M
    Matrixchild

Pulling up on the scene July found a good place to park a safe distance away. Turning to the other two mages he said, "So we can wait till things calm down or we can get close to the police tape and watch like normal bystanders. Problem with that option is that we'll potentially get spotted and potentially labelled suspicious." Even if things calmed down he knew they'd leave an officer to secure the area, he was just racking his brain about what to do. Scrying had to be the last resort. With this many sleepers around he didn't want to risk paradox, not to mention he didn't enjoy even tempting the abyss unless it was absolutely necessary.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Ummmm. I actually, like, have a cover?"

Suspicious? No one's suspicious. Except, you know. The guy in the ten gallon and the guy with a wand. It's hard to pull cards out of sleeves in a short sleeve shirt. True story. If the best lie is half true, isn't the best cover half legit?

Nylon rustled, and a bulky black camera appeared.

Hear that? The silence. There's a question hanging in it.

Because doesn't everyone have A Cover?
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Dude look somewhere other than the problem." Arthur slips the wand into his right pocket as he speaks. Fuck this is what google's for. "We don't exactly fit in here." Definitely a bad day to wear a nice vest.

"So much for invisible. So what, the alleyway is where things went down?" Eyes flick to the camera. "Normally work alone Jack?"

M
    Matrixchild

"Well if we split up we can each play the independent bystander routine from different angles, plus each get a different view of the scene. I'll just play up the ex cop who's missing the glory days shtick, it's worked in the past. Might as well head over and see what we can see." July didn't have a real cover, that's true, but he did know how to talk to cops, so if he was confronted he'd handle it the best way he could.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.