Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Blue Octavo) CSI: Sacramento

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

It was relatively late at night, about as late as it needed to be for the cops to mostly have cleared out. Einstein still lurked on the street, leaned up against her car, probably looking fairly suspicious - a strange character, hanging out all night, at a crime scene? Not exactly stealthy. She kept far enough away from the crime scene that she might not be noticed, but...

As she leaned and waited for Crowley, she considered what their next move would be. They had to get into the crime scene, obviously, and Crowley would have to use some of that fancy Acanthus Time magic to figure out how the woman was murdered. She had an average time span to go off of for him to take a look at, and it wasn't like he couldn't just keep casting it until they picked the right time. Meanwhile, she'd...look around. Feeling useless.

Damn, she needed to get some actually applicable skills.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

The familiar black combi van pulled up slowly, a little way off so as not to arouse suspicion. Crowley clambered out in his usual metal band T and dark jeans, chains jingling. His bandana was worn like a neck scarf. And he was waring a pair of dark glasses. He paused, leaning against the side of his van, and lumbered over to meet her.

"So. There was a thing?" His voice was a little rough at the edges; a little thick. He took a long look at the house. "Scary stuff. This'll make the news, won't it? How bad?"

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"Hey." Einstein's hand raised up to greet Crowley, waving only slightly from side to side. She pushed off from her car, stepping onto the sidewalk and meeting him halfway. "Yeah, pretty bad, from what I heard. Definitely tv worthy, I'll bet, given it's got all the signs of a future serial killing. Might not get on for a bit, though. They might keep it on the down-low until they get him, or there's a few more victims."

She shook her head. "I didn't see the body, but, from what I'm getting out of context clues and easy assumptions? Pretty bad. Writing on the wall, blood, and I'm going to go out on a limb and assume a nasty crime scene. Might want to steel yourself for it before you walk in." She looked around. "Brought you here to take a look backwards, see if you can get anything out of that."

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Fair enough. You'll probably need to show me the spot... unless you got some materials from the site. You know..." A careful look around him. "Sympathy... and that shit."

He rubbed the side of his face, winced. "Yeah. So I'm on it." He breathed through his nose. "Do you have a rough timeline. Or something. I'll need a time frame if I'm to go all Janus on you. I can only take a peek back for a few minutes at a time, see."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

"I've got nothing, yeah, we're going to have to break in. I think it should be clear right now, but...maybe there's someone still inside. It's a crime scene, in any case, so more than likely, there won't be anyone. Einstein's hand drifted to point at the house in question, the one the cops had been clustered around, and repeatedly going in and out from. "I have a timeline for you, sort of. Might take a little while, but it was something like six to ten hours ago? Might be able to get more specific once we get inside."

She shrugged lightly. "Sorry about the lack of specifics, but you have pretty much everything that I know that'll be relevant to this right now." Einstein moved towards the house, then paused, turning back to Crowley. "Hey, by the way...with the magic you have...can you just wish for the door to be open when we get there?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley was listening, fingers lightly raking at his cheek in a thoughtful pose.

"Well, I guess its better than nothing. I can try a few castings and see if we get something. It'll be tough though... without stuff to make a sympathetic link. I'll have to standing as close to the actual spot as you can get me to see anything." His mouth formed a grimace while he thought things through. "Anything else left onsite? I could try and trace the threads... see if I get something that way. If there is enough material, I could try and get a direction on the... um... killer-guy."

He was still brooding when Einstein asked her second track of questions.

"Huh? No. At least... not like zap us both inside. But I could try and play the locks, if you know what I mean. I've done it before."

Rolling a shoulder like he was working out a knot, the Enchanter followed behind.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

"Well, damn." Her teeth ground together, as she tried to figure out another solution. "Worst case, we can put a rock through a window, right? Don't know what the police reaction time is around here, but, hopefully, it's enough time to run around the house. Or, just unlock the front door and wait for them to leave again." She shrugged. "We'll see. If you can't get the door open, anyway."

She turned on her heel and kept on walking, approaching the front door to the murder-house carefully, eyes darting around in case someone was watching. When she reached the door, she wrapped her hand with her sweater and tried to turn the doorknob, on the odd chance it was open.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley draws near the house, placing his hands behind his back and lacing his wiggling fingers together. Walking calmly. See? Picture of innocence. Except for the enigmatic smile.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-27 20:41:45 Crowley to Shift those Odds! rolls 5 to GNO + Fate 10, 5, 6, 5, 4 1 success

"Not sure you need me anyway. Human errors happen all the time." He said quietly.

Crowley is casting Shifting the Odds so that the door will be unlocked

C
    Casitive

Butterflies take wing and a thought, a wish, is made on the winds. As the pair approach the house underneath rapidly lightening sky, they find the front door. It's sealed by a large, ugly, sticker. The Seal of Sacramento sits on the top left corner, signed and dated by Detective Molina.

The warning is printed clearly that tampering with this seal is a major offense to the law.

If Crowley's wish worked or not, is indeterminable.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

Einstein mulled over a thought for a second. Her keys came out of her pocket, and she poised it above the sticker, ready to run the relatively-sharp key over the relatively-flimsy paper. Most likely, it would be able to cut through in a few moments. But...then there would be evidence they had been here. The keys returned to her pocket. The front door would be a last resort, if there was no other means of entry. Breaking the law wasn't a problem in itself, and Einstein had nothing against committing a felony, but she didn't have the time to deal with cops. Not now.

Einstein stepped down the porch and made to go take a look around the house, on the sides, and the back, see if there was any alternate way in. Maybe an open window on the side...or an unlocked garden door. Something, that the cops didn't have sealed up and felonified.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread