Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Blue Octavo) A Friend In Need

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Scratch breakfast meetings off the list.

Like, every list, ever. Some days shouldn't start until after noon. If there's 24 hours in a day, then ending a night at 3am should mean a three hour pass on the next day. Move everything back three hours.

The faint stink of cigarettes and club smoke cloyed to an inside out shirt and a freshly unwashed mop. Stubble that would have made Miami Vice's Don Johnson horrified proud bristled as a tongue ran over teeth. How early was too early for milk? Bluish eyes studied the container, basking in the cool air of the refrigerator in the kitchen.

The red stuff. Ga-Toe-Raaaaaade.

Electrolytes, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

A door closes and Arthur does his own slow walk to the kitchen. Coffee is the name of the game. Delicious caffeinated coffee. A grey Minnesota Twins tshirt and green and blank flannel pants don't really match but they work.

"Mornin" The theurgist says through a yawn as he digs into a coffee tin to fill the filter. Then a sniff.

"Late night? Also coffee?"
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

M
    Matrixchild

July was kind of a morning person. Actually, July was fine in the morning and at night, mostly because he found it hard to sleep so he was usually awake. That didn't mean he was free from the needs of caffeine, he was just already wide awake when he partook in it. He walked out into the kitchen already dressed in his jeans and a button-up shirt with his cowboy hat on.

"Morning gentlemen," he said as he saw Arthur already hard at work making the morning brew. "I'll take some if you're making it."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

It's all about time zones.

Somewhere in the world, a late night wasn't. Everyone agrees time exists, but not what time it is. Why couldn't everyone just use sidereal time? It wasn't a late night by sidereal time, at all. Sometimes, you just gotta dance the night away.

"'Sup you guys."

It's a little weird when the script gets flipped. One eighties. Once upon a time, this kitchen had been filled with chicks. File under Odd Man Out, emphasis Man. Now? Little. Weird.

"Nah, not super late. Maybe a little late? Like, no after hours. I bounced when they kicked the lights."
    Closing time. "It's also super cool, driving at night. Or, riding. I was on my bike."

Still staring at the fridge. Finally, a hand darted out and retrieved a cantaloupe. A slide around Arthur produced a knife and cutting board.

"Some people got killed last knight."
    thok. The cantaloupe fell in half, revealing something between orange and vermillion innards. "That's, like, why I texted. I was over on the scene for some pics, and did some looking around. I called Pepps and Einstein, but Pep wandered off. Einstein, uhhhh. I think she talked to a spirit? Dunno. But anyway. Wait, rewind. Anyway. So, some perp killed this old couple in their house. Cut their hearts out, too. Super wack. Perp wrote some crazy stuff, it's," the knife flicked out, waving at the table, "Over there. Best I could remember. Like, there's some sigil work there."

thok. Stop. Cantaloupe and Listen. A hand wiped at juice dribbling into stubble. Chew. Swallow.

"Anyway. I don't think the perp is, like, done? So I was thinking we could see what the cops do. Or say. Keep an eye on it."

Because sigils.
    - Roald Dahl

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Late night early morning is amazing after some drinks as long as its nice out." Arthur nods in agreement with Star and pulls towards the counter to let the other Theurgist past. Three cups of coffee get poured and shuffled in one go to the table. Taking a sip of coffee Arthur leans forward and reads over the writing.

"The hell." Is murmured quietly as Arthur takes another sip. "Did the cops get called last night?" Eyes shift back to the writing and Arthur rereads it again. A cup of coffee gets handed to July. "Dude you'll want this."

M
    Matrixchild

Talk about a wake-up call. A murder can do that for you. A double murder? Talk about being wide-awake. The Banishers had been the closest July had been to his old life lately and he hadn't even had a chance to investigate them yet. Murder on the other hand he was very familiar with.

"Thanks,"
    he said to Arthur for the coffee. Black, just the way he liked it. Looking at Star he said, "Well we can see what the cops know and then obviously do our own investigation side-by-side." He leaned in and looked at the writing. "Looks like w's represent y's and x's represent w if I'm looking at it right. Does that say 'the snake with the face of a lion?'" He thought back to his training with the veil to see if the combination meant anything to him.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-29 09:01:44 July rolls 3 to Lion faced Snake (Occ+Int) (10 Again) 9, 8, 3 2 successes

C
    Casitive

The only thing that comes to July's mind, is the Demiurge. A figure or a symbol in schools of platonic philosophy and an adopted term of gnostics.

M
    Matrixchild

A vague memory popped into July's head. He scratched the back of his head and said, "Might be related to platonic philosophy and something call the Demiurge. I think it's like some type of creator of the universe Plato talked about."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, the cops were totally there."

So was Sac Bee.

"Detectives, hmmm, Molina and Barton. Right. Molina was lead."
    Deja-vu. "It was a legit crime scene. I got to, like, walk it. Barton thinks the perp will hit again."

Everyone's up to speed, right?

"Uh, yeah."
    Eyes flickered over to the paper. "I caught that too. Wasn't super sure what it meant? Codes were kind of, ummm. Kind of Zodiac's thing."

Eyes drifted away, into memories.

Because Zoey.
    - Roald Dahl

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow raises over a cup of coffee. "Plato? So instead of just being crazy the fucker may think they're a god?" Maybe no irish coffee today then.

"Alright so the police. Hopefully our contacts don't ask questions. Mine most likely thinks that I'm a do gooder as I called him to help a guy I just met." "Just met" gets air quotes.

Arthur glances back at the writing. "Codes aren't really my thing either."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread