Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

Baseball was the American past time but they actually enjoyed it in Mexico as well. Not as much as football but enough that Marco had gained some interest in it. He couldn't enjoy many sports live due to his...condition but luckily with baseball there were plenty of night games. If he left his haven right as he woke on certain nights he could get to the bar in the middle and only miss 3 or 4 innings. Usually with the speed at which the game was played he knew he wouldn't miss much. The other good thing was that enough people got drunk by the end of the game that he could end his night with a little buzzed snack. He forced the blood through his veins on the way there and walked in the door dressed down in order to blend in with the Kine already there. He found himself a table with a clear view of the television and sat back to relax, trying to enjoy the start of a calm evening.

-1 vitae, blush of life

C
    Casitive

Thank goodness for small favors that David isn't able to watch the Twins lose to the Cubs live. Despite that, the Shadow is still at the bar, in his corner, watching highlights – or one should say lowlights – of the last game. Margie casts a sympathetic glance at David as he slumps in his chair, knowing full well what that particular slouch signifies.

David can no longer count the number of errors committed on his hands.

The easily overlooked scarecrow of a man even looks different from normal. A chambray shirt is rolled to his elbows and jeans and sneakers complete the nondescript look. An untouched beer sits at his elbow on the polished wood of the bar.

David frowns a little at something that crawls across on The Lead across the bottom of the screen.

-1V Blush

M
    Matrixchild

As Marco looked around he caught a quick glimpse of the intelligent Shadow. It took him a moment before he could confirm what he saw though. Out of all the bars in all the town he hadn't expected to see this particular Kindred here. He got up from his booth and headed over to take an empty stool nearby. As he gets near he leaned in close, but not too close, and raised his voice just enough to be heard over the talking around them. "Didn't expect to see you here."

C
    Casitive

Marco's intrusion, for that is what the Beast hisses, is unexpected. David's eyes narrow to thin points as he takes in the weakling that has nearly invaded the Shadow's personal space. The Shrike desires nothing more than to take the Carthian and bash his head against the polished bar, and let the Daeva's vitae pool beneath his face in striations not unlike the lines in the wood.

A spike of resentment and rage surges through the Priscus and his knuckles turn white.

Control is won in the psychological battle between Man and Beast. Marco is familiar which dulls the dark desires coursing through David's blood and mere moments after, rage fades into calm contempt.

Oh?” David asks a myriad of questions in a single sound. All except one, “Why is that?

M
    Matrixchild

Marco watched as David's eyes narrowed and realized he was perhaps too close. Sometimes he forgot the effects of closeness when the other shielded their beast. While he was unaffected, Marco was not able to provide the same consideration by concealing his own. He backed up slightly before responding as an attempted apology. "Well to be fair I didn't expect to see anyone I know here. I don't exactly congregate with the baseball loving type. What team are you here for?"

C
    Casitive

Slowly, steadily, the features of David's face soften as the tension from seeing another fades. Eyes look away from Marco's direction, returning to their normal, inscrutable dull-brown cast. “I don't think many of the people I know would quote slum it. At least, I don't think there are very many of our acquaintances who follow sports.

Idly gesturing to a smaller, nearby television showing baseball highlights, David answers, “I root for the Minnesota Twins.” Softly spoken, the Grand Wyrm's pastoral cadence soothes. “I grew up in that area. Unfortunately,” with a scowl towards a replay, “they've not been very good this year.

With an upward nod towards the grand dame of the establishment David offers, “That's Margie. Been here since the 90s. Though, she refuses to become part of the furniture.

M
    Matrixchild

"That's too bad really, I very much enjoy the competitive nature of sports. It's almost like a modern expression of man's warrior past," he said with a smile. Marco turned his vision to the screen David gestured at and his face turned sympathetic.

"I can understand your plight. No one here's probably heard of my hometown team. Growing up in Mexico City we always rooted for the Los Diablos Rojos del Mexico, or the Red Devils. Without an outlet I turned to the Houston Astros once I moved here. They've done better this year but in general haven't done well since 2005," he said with a frown.

At David's comment about Margie he smiled, "A good, interesting owner, and fun regulars always make or break a bar for me. You sound like you've been here often."

C
    Casitive

True,” David notes at Marco's observation of the Houston Astros. Though, the Shadow wonders if its more frustrating to see them fall just short of greatness. “Most of the regulars here are San Francisco Giants fans. But sometimes, I see a couple of people come in before or after a River Cats game.” True to form, there's a couple of pennants and a framed Sacramento Bee from when the Giants won the World Series. Also, there's some decorations from the AAA baseball team David mentioned, the River Cats.

Rooting for the local team solidifies ties to a city, or maintains them, even from far away like in David's case. Even if he is likely to never return.

Splayed fingers from David's left hand run through his hair, “Yeah, I'm here often enough. I don't have a television of my own, so I come here to watch a game or watch replays. Margie kindly lets me impose on her for a television.

Dutifully, the woman approaches Marco and asks if he wants anything. This, while peering at the TV David's commandeered and shakes her head at what she finds.

M
    Matrixchild

"That certainly makes sense, though it'll take a lot to convert me to the local team. Changing once was hard enough. But they seem to be doing fine so far this year, then again this early most everyone does," he said with a gentle laugh.

A look of contemplation came over him at the name of the minor league team. "I'll be honest, I haven't heard of the River Cats yet. If they have any night games maybe I'll check them out," shrugging as he said it.

No television? Marco was brought up watching his Sire's favorite telenovelas so he couldn't imagine not having one. He had actually switched to baseball in an attempt to further himself from his maker since she hated the sport. "Now, I do have a television, but I enjoy watching games or replays among fans. They definitely liven the experience." Liven. Marco was always a fan of subtle puns.

At the sight of Margie he pulled out his wallet. "What do you have on tap?" He found it smart to go for the tap beer when attempting to blend into a new bar. Tap beers were normally cheap and popular so it would save him the embarrassment of asking for some special craft beer only to get a dry laugh from the owner.

C
    Casitive

I'm not sure if I will ever make the change either,” David concedes, “I've been a fan of the Twins for entirely too long.” The television moves on to some other news, an eleven hour deposition by some quarterback of a team, and David turns his attention more squarely towards the Carthian. Talking heads become just a part of the white-noise in the room.

Margie lists off a couple of brands. Mostly household names but a couple of local brews. Armed with whatever Marco requests, she moves off to fulfill the order.

I haven't been to a River Cats game, I've just been too busy.” The Mekhet says once Margie departs, “There's always something to do and responsibilities to undertake. Plus, with my job...,” from the tone of his voice, this is different from his positions within the Secret Societies of the Night, “...it's hard to get enough spare time for even this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.