Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
The Goodbye Thread

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

0 Scenes

West

....my words are failing. I needed some time to wrap my head around a full blown Goodbye Thread post form you, but the time I took to organize my thoughts hasn't seemed to work. I got nothing. I must still be in shock.

Or it could be that everyone else has said everything already, and probably better then I could have done.

You'll be missed, seriously. The things you do and just what you've done in the short time I've been around is simply mind blowing.

Tuesday wouldn't be who she is without you and Star. I'm so glad they met and got to be a part of each other's stories.

And I hope that sometime...hopefully....eventually, you'll find your way back here. It would be a shame for future players not to know how amazing you and your characters are.

2. Likes West liked this post

West,

I remember coming in right before I joined the Navy, all those years back. I am just about to hit my 8-year mark. I cannot stress enough how much you have helped with making things, such as deployments or time away from family and friends easier, because of the work you have done on this site. I am sad to see you go and I swear that I have developed a certain set of skills that will allow me to drive down to Texas and find you if you do not keep in touch. You are absolutely amazing and you have my deepest respect. You have taught me so much and you have done a lot to make crappy things in life, less crappy. You will always have my eternal gratitude.

4. Likes West liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Safe travels West

6. Likes West liked this post

So, for something close to 10 years, this site has been a continual inspiration, as well as an outlet, and a place to create, imagine, and feel like part of a community. I've had many wonderful moments on the site, told marvelous stories, and grown as a writer, roleplayer, storyteller, and a person.

However, I have not liked what has happened now that the site has changed hands. I'm not here to throw poo, or point fingers. I'm sure Youngblood has done the best he can. However, I believe that very harmful, destructive behavior has been allowed, and this has caused me, personally, quite a bit of stress. So, after reflection, for the sake of my mental health, I am stepping away from the site. I will not be returning. I hope that this continues to be a place for wonderful ideas, with wonderful people.

Feel free to reach out to me on Discord, however! Just because I'm no longer on the site doesn't mean that the friendships that have been forged have to end.

Peace!

-Cayce

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Cayce! You have been so incredibly helpful and supportive to me as a new player, as ST for Mage, I wouldn't be playing on the site without you! Thank you!!

9. Likes Youngblood, Cayce liked this post

Puck Scenes

This is a tragedy.

I'm aware of the harmful and destructive behavior that has become more common on this site. When I got the idea for Bacchus I specifically submitted him under the name Fury instead of Xander because I saw names that had caused me enough personal stress to drop Emrys popping up and saying truly despicable things about about their own peer group.

When I first became AST for Casitive, I remember a player that people struggled with for years. Polite person, but he was eventually banned for not abiding by the themes of the venue and for the greater reason of, and I'm not kidding, being argumentative. He was permabanned by Cas with mine and West's support, and no one argued with it because one player was able to argue and spoil threads for the whole venue he was in. Now we're throwing away talented writers making regular contributions to the site for years, and doing what again about metagaming and cyber bullying?

As someone who started playing here under Key, the Storyteller who actually threatened to find me and stab out my eyes for starting a scene she hadn't preapproved, this is appalling to me. I realize I've gotten snarky with a few people OOC over the years, but it was never my intention to be hurtful, I never went as far as people have recently, and I am sincerely sorry for any distress I've caused to you or others. It was memories of toons like Coco and Avis that convinced me time and again to return to the site, and not having that is a real and immediate tragedy for me and undoubtedly others in this community.

I hope you find the joy and peace of mind you are looking for and have an amazing life ahead of you. You will be missed Cayce.

-Xander
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

Now we're throwing away talented writers making regular contributions to the site for years, and doing what again about metagaming and cyber bullying?
    So, this appears to be some more elsewhere conversation directly with Cayce bleeding into incorrect assumptions so let me make this clear:

I backed the ruling about metagaming fully after I had my questions answered. Cayce felt that my asking her those questions directly as a lack of trust and faith in her ability to storytell when I was personally just trying to respond to others who had disagreements fully and accurately since I know next to nothing about WoD and absolutely nothing about Mage. There is nothing I will ever be able to do to convince Cayce or anyone else otherwise though. All I can do is provide the chat logs to the storytellers if the request it.

Even after that discussion though, Cayce suggested a better way to approach future questions that would not present itself as a lack of trust and faith in her and I agreed fully to that suggestion and she agreed to stay on as Mage ST. Then today she still resigned. That's fine if she feels that is the best for her. I want her to stay, and asked her to and thought we had come to a good idea together so that we could move forward together with as least stress possible. To say I'm disappointed at her loss would be overwhelmingly understated.

On the topic of cyber bulling, I had made this post regarding a zero tolerance stance on it going forward. Nobody has tested the waters on that after that ridiculous thread.

I don't want Cayce to go. I want her to stay. The irony of this whole thing is that both the player involved in this and the storyteller have considered leaving the site or the venue because they thought I was backing the other. One of them has to be wrong. Everyone is so wrapped up in their respective corners with private discord channels or private Facebook chats that nobody bothers to actually talk to me about what is being done wrong or what should be done differently. I just get complaints or FYIs that something snarky was posted or said somewhere. Then I read whatever it is and if I don't understand it I ask questions. Then I'm the bad guy. Each side accusing me of being a damn puppet for the other. It is a really enjoyable feeling to be a leper among a divided community unless I just ban one group or the other.

If anyone has an issue talk to me instead of brooding among yourselves. I don't know much about WoD, I just knew enough technical stuff to host the site. You have to explain things to me, and I have to ask questions to understand what an issue truly is. You have to expect that and be patient with me.

Objectively though, and this is a blanket statement for all players. If you don't like how someone runs their venue so much that you start disliking the person and want others to also dislike the person as much as you do- Don't play in it. It's a goddamn game not a popularity contest.

13. Likes , Psychangel, Ruach, liked this post

Circe
    Circe
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

Too everyone who has left and to those who have returned, I wish you well!

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

At this point I can't help, but feel IC is being taken as OOC.

In terms of IC coldness, difference in how my characters are treated versus others (despite following the same titles and rules as EVERYONE else), I no longer believe that my interactions in character with certain individuals are rooted solely in RP. As a result, I cannot continue play.

Ta-ta, enjoy the RP, but I'm no longer going to walk on eggshells.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

At this point I can't help, but feel IC is being taken as OOC.

In terms of IC coldness, difference in how my characters are treated versus others (despite following the same titles and rules as EVERYONE else), I no longer believe that my interactions in character with certain individuals are rooted solely in RP. As a result, I cannot continue play.

Ta-ta, enjoy the RP, but I'm no longer going to walk on eggshells.
    Goodbye, Stray! I'll miss you! I have always really enjoyed your characters and the way you write them and found them to be very memorable and distinct!

Page 5 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread