Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Gerald Visits the Reeve's Office

THREADID

PRE

Shortly following his text, Gerald arrives at the Reeve's Office. The Sea King is eager enough to follow up on their investigation, but first he needs something. Dressed in an expensive grey suit and still carrying his cane, he gives a gentle rap on the door.

"It's Mr. Baker." he calls through the door.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Come in.' Chris says calmly after he hears Gerald.

The Reeve, dressed in a simple black semi-formal clothing, is sitting at his desk. He raises an eyebrow at the sight of a cane inside Elysium, but he has no reason to feel threatened. His katana is closer to him than the Ventrue at this moment.

'How do you do? Please have a seat.' A simple gesture suggests a seat at the other side of the desk.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

PRE

Gerald wastes little time entering into the office and taking the offered seat.

"I am well. I hope the same can be said for you. Before we follow up on this antique shop business, I was wondering if you would assist me. You don't emit any trace of the Beast..." he says, thinking now how his own presence must feel to the Reeve. "Is this something you can teach me? I make a habit of appearing publicly and with other Kindred; it seems only fair that I soften the effect my own nature has on them." Gerald smiles coyly. "You would be doing all of the Domain a favor with this, I would wager."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

First, there's a simple nod, the Mask of Tranquility is a common power among vampires.

'I would be doing the Domain a favor? That is one way of putting it.' Chris smiles, amused, as if shouldn't have to ask anything in return.

He is not a Carthian.

'I would be willing to do that, of course. But what would I get in return for my time and effort?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

PRE

Gerald chuckles, shaking his head. "Well, you know what I mean. No one would have the effect of my Beast rubbing them the wrong way anymore." But now he has the issue of payment to consider. If the Reeve and and Gerald had been longstanding friends, things may have been a little easier.

"I am a man of means and ambition. Particularly when it comes to alliances." He holds up a finger like a teacher going into greater detail. "I say 'alliances' because I am not so foolish as to believe every Kindred is truly capable of having friends. But knowing that my motivation is to cultivate mutually beneficial relationships... you can imagine what I would be willing to do to further these ends. I will let you choose the form of payment. Whatever is important to you - even if you are getting the better end of the deal - as long as I can count on an improved understanding between us." Gerald clasps his hands now over his lap, one brow arched questioningly.

"Is this something you are amenable to, Monsieur Reeve?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Eventually, the two Kindred go their separate ways.

Coming up on two weeks, putting a bullet in this one.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Closed Thread