Ended
Watch

Stranger on the Third Floor (Part 2)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Angel Ducard

I have returned to my refuge of the Library, the smell of books and the hushed murmurs of the patrons. A few moments of acquiring books for my current line of study. In this case, several books about Stalin during the time of his first wife's death, the depression that he spiraled into, and then the great purge in which Stalin executed her family.

With that I smoothly flow through the stacks and into my reading room. I leave the door open for my study partner to join me. I don't want him to get confused if I close the door.

Out comes my notebook and my laptop. Let the studying commence.

-1 vitae for Blushing

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

The walk isn't bad, good to move again after that bus. Also good to be away from all that food. It's easy enough staying away from other food on the walk. Coming up to the library though...kids. Lots of kids. Pushing blood into action, the odd feeling of warmth spreads across Garrick's face. A touch brings back memories of the sun.

Knife now hidden inside of the duffle bag along with the gun, Garrick holds the bag by its straps as he walks up the stairs. Focusing on the stairs and keeping his senses dull Garrick finds the open door. He comes to a stop outside of the room before stepping into it. Nothing. His head tilts to the side as he regards the...actress?

"Uh Miss Ducard?"

-1 vitae for Blush

A
    Angel Ducard

I felt him before I saw him, as is customary for our people. Then I saw his eyes. "Hello, please come in." My mouth curls to a polite smile as I show that he is welcome to join me. "If you would close the door please. The reading rooms are nearly soundproof so as long as we are not yelling, we can speak freely." With the door closed I stand and extend my hand to him. "Angel Ducard, Priscus of Clan Nosferatu. A pleasure to meet you Mr..." I let it hang for him to properly introduce himself.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

A nod and Garrick closes the door, taking care to close it quietly. Library and all. A hand rises then stops as it doesn't encounter sunglasses at his temple.

"Ah.. forgot the sunglasses. Hopefully no one saw." Garrick frowns, four years later and it is something he is still not used too.

"Sorry Ma'am." Garrick shakes Ms. Ducard's hand with his own. "Garrick Marlon. Thank you for being willing to meet with me so quickly."

A
    Angel Ducard

I give him a proper handshake, firm but not overly so. A proper business handshake. "Not the glasses Garrick, the eyes are easily explained. It was the creature within you gave you away." I smile to him as I gesture for him to take a seat. Is he youthful, or is he playing the game? "So, Garrick, May I call you Garrick? Please bring me up to speed on you. What brings you to Sacramento? Your immediate goals? Any political affiliations you may have?"

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Garrick works just fine Ma'am." He sits down in the offered chair, placing the duffel bag to the right. "The thing inside is why I hesitated. My Sire was never one for subtly unless it was a hunt."

"I... I have mortal family in town, the last of my mortal family actually. My Sire decided a few weeks back that." Garrick drops his voice and adds a poorly imitated rasp. "It is time you learn to survive." Intently looking at Miss Ducard his gaze appears to move around and past her.

"I am Unaligned Ma'am. My Sire made a big deal out of it back home. He never explained why. I am interested in seeking admittance to the domain and earning my keep."

A
    Angel Ducard

Listening to this one, I can't help but wonder how much of a liability he is going to be. "Garrick, You speak of your sire, and of your mortal family. Which leads me to two questions." I debate for a moment how to ask these questions. Not because I am uncertain of the questions, but because this man is an unknown quantity, and therefor his responses are not yet known in advance.

"The first, your Sire did properly educate you on the traditions of our people and our people's society, correct?" I hold for a moment letting that question sink in. "The Second, your kine family. You being near them, I trust that will not be any sort of threat to the masquerade?"

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"He did Ma'am." A small nod in agreement with himself. "The Three Traditions. Masquerade, Children, Life's blood." Garrick ticks each off with a finger on his right hand.

"We have to remain hidden from the mortal world. Embrace is more than creation, it requires control and teaching. And uhh.. we don't eat each other." Diablerie...that boogeyman tale. Garrick looks down as he speaks.

Somber remorse hangs from Garrick as he speaks. "I know I can't meet my family Ma'm. Only phone calls. They don't know about me. If they do find out, then it's on me to take care of it, my Sire made sure I knew that."

A
    Angel Ducard

I nod as he lists off each of the three traditions. "Correct on all counts." I nod and give him an encouraging smile. Then he mentions the bit about his family.

"Garrick, I need you to understand something. By coming back to Sacramento, our fates are intertwined now. As your Priscus, my responsibility is to you and our clan, but also to his majesty. I am tasked with the success of Clan Nosferatu, but also making sure that they stay in accordance with his majesty's laws." I pause for a few moments letting that sink in. "Do you understand what I am saying?"

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

White eyes flick back and forth as the wheel turns. "I think so Ma'am."

Thoughts tumble and whirl as Garrick tries to form them into something appropriate to say.

"I have to give them up don't I. Then they will be safe and I won't run the risk of causing problems for you and the Prince." A hand flutters briefly.

"And through that keep the Masquerade and my own ..life?..life."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.