Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Constructive Interference

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    T

Striker walked into the main living area of the Whispering Wave sanctum and passed straight through to the kitchen for a glass of cold water. The beer would come slightly later, right now he had to re-hydrate. He'd only been on a medium paced run, but it was enough to get the blood fully pumping through his body. As the weather got warmer he realised he was sweating more and not drinking enough. Weird backwards seasons. It's s'posed to be gettin' on to winter about now.

He drained the cold water out of his glass and just stood at the counter for a minute feeling the cool liquid begin to lower his temperature from the inside.

Sight and Shield
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-01 09:33:16 Striker rolls 5 to Pulse of the Living World (Gnosis+Life+HS-2 Duration) (10 Again) 4, 2, 2, 1, 8 1 success
    2015-05-01 09:33:02 Striker rolls 5 to Organic Resilience (Gnosis+Life+HS-2 Duration) (10 Again) 8, 9, 4, 7, 5 2 successes

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twirling his wand Arthur whistles a quiet toon as he leaves his room and heads to the kitchen. Beer? ..beer. Never too early for beer, especially now. Little bit of effort and poof, no more hangover. Or buzz. Works either way, kind of sucks that second one. Just before rounding the last corner Arthur comes to a stop as that tingling happens.

The wand extends forwards just above hip height. Damn it I'm not Harry Potter. It stays there though as Arthur rounds the corner...and sees Striker.

"O hey man." The wand deftly lowers and is slipped into a pocket. "Sorry 'bout that."
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

T

Striker watched the wand appear from around the corner followed by his cabalmate and quirks an eyebrow at the apology. "No worries mate. How're ya doin'? Wanna drink? Hey was that like a wand or somethin'?" he asked curiously.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yep, my tool. Ah wait shit." A hand waves away the awkward. "It was suggested to me by a mentor back home. I made sure it would fit into a pocket." A lip scrunches as Arthur registers what he said.

"Good run?" Eyes glance at the missing arm. Wondering if it makes running harder, then look back at Striker's face.

T

"Huh. Useful." Striker replied as he put his drink down and his hand move to the side of his hip. "I've got my..." he felt where his belt would usually be. "Well. I've usually got my knife on me, so that made sense."

He caught the glance at his shoulder. "Yeah it was good. You should come out next time." he paused for a few seconds, considering, then gave a small nod towards his missing limb. "Used to throw me off. I was pretty fit when I lost it, but I really had to strengthen up my core 'cause I went too hard once I'd recovered and started gettin' back pain and stuff."

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Eh sorry." A hand rises up to scratch the back of Arthur's neck. "I just..I'd go so hard at Life I can't." Words fail and Arthur's voice trails off.

"Right running, as long as you're ok with someone slower than you I could use some exercising." He pats the pocket with his wand in it.

"It hard carrying a knife around? That's one of those things that just doesn't seem easy."

T

"Yeah no worries, I usually go for distance over speed anyways, so if you get stuffed we can circle back an' I'll keep goin'. And yeah supernal's half of it, but if you start strong, then..." His hand made a gesture and he spoke words to help focus the mana he channeled from his watchtower, even as his nimbus became apparent to those who could see it, a low growl of something perhaps bestial. His muscles bulged beyond what seemed possible, straining the fabric of his T-shirt, thankfully a loose one. "Well, you can make sure you get the job done ay." he finished his sentance, then released the spell, returning to normal.

"And knife's not much trouble. Sheath onya belt and you're done. Apparently it's illegal if you try an keep it hidden, and if you've got a little knife you can hold in your hand and punch people with that's not legal either. But I only take that out on special occasions." he said with a wink.

"So hey. I wanted to say; Thanks for standin' up for me in Consilium ay, I really 'preciate that. It's good to have a crew who's got each other's backs ay." he said with genuine respect.

2 suxx Honing the Form: Strength
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-05-04 10:45:41 Striker rolls 11 to Honing the Form: Strength (Res+Ath+Lif+RoteSpec)+HS (10 Again) 1, 6, 6, 10, 7, 10, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 6, 5 2 successes
    2015-05-04 10:42:03 Striker rolls 1 to Paradox (-1 Rote) (absorbing) (10 Again, Chance) 3 failure

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur whistles as Striker hulks out a bit. Nothing like Age of Ultron but damn that has to be fun. "Damn dude a knife but be like.." The Theurgist shudders at a thought and that growl.

"Ah never actually stabbed someone...I imagine hulking out helps with that."
    His mouth opens to speak but he closes it.

"Dude that shit at Consilium. That was a mess. I hope it all works out."

T

"Yeah mate of course. The more power you can put behind it the more damage you can do. Course there's some tricks you can do with Forces to make things a bit messier as well, but ahhh. People tend to notice when you start punching holes in them with your bare hands. I learnt that the hard way." he replied with a slight frown.

"So did you want to? Stab someone I mean. Not like 'cause you want to, but so you know what it's like in case you have to. I figure the more things you do early, the less surprised you'll be later. And I don't need anyone frozen up over a bloody knife if we're in trouble. Or you can stick with your fire chuckin', up to you. What's with that anyway? I didn't get a chance to ask you before." Striker continued conversationally.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"...I figure I need to learn how to defend myself? Probably." Arthur answers after a moment of silence and a vaguely committal shrug.

"I'm thinking more like guns?" Arthur raises both arms and assumes a poor shooters stance. Movies are not good teachers. His arms drop.

"Being able to punch someone with Forces works just fine but I'd rather not breach Secrecy because I can't defend myself mundanely."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread