Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1505) Lords of Heaven

THREADID

PRE

"Thank you. I won't take much of your time." he says, marveling at how surreal her appearance can seem. Like a porcelain doll. How amusing for him.

"I don't mean to come off cross-ways, but is our family... distant? Where I come from, we would sometimes meet with one another without the prejudice of covenant politics." A small, disarming smile. "I don't want to bring it up directly with the Priscus, mind you. It might seem like an overt criticism. Far from it, I should say." Cool words, probably deflecting his confusion. He's been here for months without hearing a word about it. Hell, he's attended two covenant meetings in that time. Even planned one.

"I'm not asking you to put pressure on anyone. I just thought I should ask."

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

A certain movement of the veil indicated Hildegarde was listening.

"The family is... Distant. There is little custom for those of our Blood to gather needlessly. We are not Succubi who cannot go without their parties, nor do we hunt like the Savages. We do not commune with the night like the Shadows and we do not share our burdens like the Haunts. We are Lords. And our Priscus has a decidedly... hands off... approach."

A beat.

"But... I take it you have a suggestion, yes? What kind of gathering do you prepose?"

The Lord's head fully turned to Gerald now. He had the Whip's attention.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

3. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

PRE

Distant, eh? So much for that idea. This porcelain doll explains it in a way that makes Gerald feel wrong for even bringing it up. He is almost ready to scrap the idea when Hildegarde turns the tables again and appears interested in what he has to say.

"Well, as you said... we are Lords. Any such gathering between us should be suited for the blood of true leaders. No clandestine meeting in some backwater motel, at any rate. As to what kind of meeting it would be? One where we can discuss matters that concern the Domain as a whole - and how to apply our talents where they are needed." He pauses, rubbing his chin for a moment in thought. "If you give me some time, I may even be able to make arrangements. Somewhere comfortable, well presented, and safe for maintaining the Masquerade. I know some of us have pretty full schedules, so understand that this won't be for a little while."

Gerald's eyes widen and a grin replaces his thoughtful look. "Speaking of schedules... I've purchased those tickets for the opera! The eighth of May, if that is good for you. Even the best seats in the house were relatively inexpensive, so rescheduling will be an easy task."

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Most excellent. It will be a most entertaining evening!" Hildegarde smiled somewhere within the frosty mist of her veils.

Turning her head to one side, she continued with matters of Family. "And... How about this... Why don't you organise the next Family meeting? You seem eager for the task and I am most certain His Grace and our Priscus would appreciate a chance to convene and discuss matters pertaining to Our Blood once this Formal Court is concluded. It would be a most appropriate time, I would think."

PRE

Gerald smiles congenially. "Perhaps I will. With a little effort, I'm sure the presentation would not disappoint."

The ancilla eyes the growing crowd on the 'Heaven' side. "But look, there are so many faces to greet. Let me not hold you up any longer." He gives her a bow of his head. "Ms. Bingen." He's so pleased with the outcome that he doesn't mind sparing a little formality.

Gerald rejoins the main thread.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Mr. Baker."

Hildegarde dipped a small curtsy in her voluminous veiling. As the Carthian turned away, Hildegarde was already returning to her watch, staring out over "hell" with posed dispassion.

Hildegarde returns to the main thread

Closed Thread