Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
F.O.C - Off to the side

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Lynn Mills

Lynn lead Coco over to a semi-deserted area and turned, bracing herself for what was probably going to be a difficult conversation. Although for the life of her she had no idea what had upset the Claviger.

"Yes?"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Why didn't you tell me you were looking a motley?" the Claviger demanded, leaning towards Lynn, her voice a furious whisper. "Why not?" she demanded again, petulance rising in her voice. "Why choose to pledge with that insipid, self righteous fucking furball," she spat, jabbing a finger towards Morgan, "instead of me? When you were afraid for yourself, and for others, and needed help harnessing the soul of your dead husband, you didn't go to her, did you? No, you came to me! And I helped you, and I would've done more, too, but you ignored all my other offers! You didn't want to talk, you didn't want help financing your album, you didn't want anything else to do with me after that, did you? I'm just a walking tart dispensary with a sword! Is that it? Is that all anyone sees of me?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

3. Likes Origins, Travisc06489, West liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn paled, her jaw dropping slightly at Coco's tirade. Suddenly it snapped closed with a sharp click and red flags rose up on either cheek. Knowingly or not, Coco had managed to mash her finger down on nearly every one of her remaining hot buttons. When she spoke, it was obvious that she was maintaining her temper by only the thinnest of margins.

"I wasn't aware that I needed your permission to do anything at all. I asked Morgan to join me in a Motley because she's my friend, because we are often together and because we share similar interests. And by the way, she has never said a bad word about you to me, so I have no idea what your problem is." She drew a deep breath and tried to loosen her jaw. "I did need your help. I asked you as a friend and a fellow courtier, but I certainly did not place any expectations on that and if you had any you failed to let me know. As for the rest. I found ways to succeed without borrowing money, a fact of which I am quite proud. Also, you're never around to talk to and while I've been in mourning for my dead husband for the past year or so and not interested in hooking up with anyone, if and when I do, I prefer men."

Drawing a deep breath, Lynn found it a real struggle not to do something drastic. While Coco could often be 'exuberant', this was over the top even for her; she was bordering on irrational. "Now just at the moment I couldn't tell you what most people think of you and honestly I'm not sure my thoughts are fit to be expressed in polite company. But I will give you one chance to tell me, calmly and honestly. What. The. Fuck. Is your problem today? Is this about Catherine leaving or something else?"

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"I didn't say that you needed my permission, I just want to know why you never considered me! And I am around! How would you know? You've only called me once!" Coco returned, her own surge of volatile emotion buffeted backwards by the musician's fury. The Wasp hesitated then, unsure what terrain was safest tread, unsure if she'd already gone too far, and unsure if she even cared now that everything tasted like smoke. After a few seconds, though, she decided that it was best just to blaze on and damn the consequences. What would it change anyways?

"And to answer your question, yes, this is about Catherine! She was the only damn person in this entire freehold, in over a year, that's even paid me mind, aside from the Queen, and I want to know why! I do more than most! I've sacrificed for this freehold, for this court, so much that I don't wish to climb out of my bed some days, and yet no one cares! I buy food, I offer conversation, I offer money, I offer my skills, and what do others offer me? Hostility, blank stares, and the joy of watching others cavort in friendship and motley. The only person who has cause to dislike me is Gregory, but as for the rest of you, I'm baffled!"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

6. Likes Origins, Vassagon liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn pinched the bridge of her nose, her good mood well and truly gone. "For the love of god Coco, you never asked me either! How the hell was I supposed to know that you wanted a Motley?"

She drew a series of careful breaths, pulling her temper back down where it belonged. "As for the rest. I am sorry that you feel your contributions ignored. I really am. But I don't think that the point of any of that is that anything is done in the expectation of getting something back! That's not how you form friendships, that's a business transaction." She crossed her arms and considered the Wasp; and oddly enough, she thought of Tessa and how she was supposed to be speaking with her soon to explain what the true meaning of the Spring Court was.

"When was the last time you did something you enjoyed? Something that was for yourself and no one else? A spa day, a fencing class, a paint and wine class at a bar? Anything?" She suddenly had the suspicion that the Wasp had been focusing so much on others and what they could offer that she had severely neglected herself. Which didn't excuse her current behavior, but it went a hell of a long way to explaining it.

8. Likes Cayce, Origins, West liked this post
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle walks over as quickly as his feet can carry him - without flat out running. Maybe it isn't really his business, but he can't sit by and let the festivities devolve into spite and hostilities. Especially not between two of his Court's other representatives. This is our event, for fuck's sake!

Up close, Cosima's hurt and fury are all the more evident. Lynn seems to be just barely keeping calm. In comparison, anyway. He'd marched off with the idea of talking some sense into Coco, but actually being here he has his reservations. He triangulates himself with the other two Springs and clears his throat a bit, hoping to get their attention.

"Hey... guys. Lynn, good to see you." he blurts out quickly, trying to at least be polite. "Coco! What's goin on? I mean..." Right. Everyone and their mother heard these two carrying on. He shakes his head. "Ok, pretend I have no idea what just happened and tell me what the problem is. Please?" His last is imploring enough to take the edge off of what is clearly a public admonishment. Or so he hopes.

10. Likes Origins, Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

For a moment Coco considered telling Kyle to go fuck himself, but she restrained the impulse just before it could tumble from her lips. That would, of course, severely undercut her entire point!

"Kyle," she phrased slowly, "I appreciate your concern, but I do believe we're handling this." A glance was shot to Lynn for confirmation. She didn't entirely wait for it though, but instead continued on with her answer to the musician.

"As for the last time I did something for myself, I visited a...local club, and I had a wonderful night with a woman named Vivian. Unfortunately, when I ran into her some days later, she accused me of being vulgar and shooed me away so she could flirt with some suit who owned a corvette."

12. Likes West, RebornSeas liked this post

Lynn Mills

Brave man.

Lynn glanced at Kyle and nodded but switched her attention back to Coco. She sighed, sounding just a bit like a teakettle as the air escaped through tightly clenched teeth. "Ok. To be blunt." She stepped forwards and pointed at Coco. "Figure out something to do that doesn't involve sex. You've been focusing on relationships with other people for so long you don't even know who you are anymore. Figure that out and try to keep a lid on the jealousy and you'll find your relationships improving. Get to know people and give them a chance to know you instead of making snap decisions. Consider changing your opinion of somebody. And above all," she leaned in a bit closer. "If you don't figure this out, the only reason people will be calling you the Wasp is because of your barbed tongue!" She stepped back. "Now, if you wish sometime to talk in a civilized manner, believe it or not I will actually listen and attempt to help you. But for now, I do believe this conversation has run it's course." She tilted her head in farewell. "Cosima." She nodded again. "Kyle. Please excuse me."

Turning on her heel, she left the back corner and made her way over to the buffet table.

Lynn leaves this thread and joins Morgan and L'aire

14. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

"If you say so." the Fairest says, not at all sounding certain. He folds his arms in an 'I want to stay around and hear this' way. Kyle listens, quietly, as the two work over their issue. He isn't really happy with the outcome, but maybe - just maybe - he'd overreacted by coming over to mediate. At least they've stopped screamin profanities.

"Sure. Later, Lynn." he says, literally stepping aside and dropping his defensive posture. It sounds a little like she isn't really the one who needs a talking to. Coco on the other hand...

Once Lynn is safely away with her apparent motley mate and Kyle's-- and Sasha, the Minstrel gives Coco a serious look. "Alright, you handled it, and I didn't interfere. I'm still not happy that this happened where everyone could hear it, but damnit I wish I had a chance to talk to you about this sooner. Hell, I did have a chance." He takes a deep breath, letting it out in a sigh. "At the Coronation... I knew somethin was wrong. I didn't put two and two together, cuz I was angry." He shakes his head. "It doesn't matter how I was feelin. You were hurt over Catherine and I let a chance to talk to you about it pass me by. Over bein pissed off. You know... throw it in my face, tell me it's none of my business or whatever; I wanted to talk to you about it." And I can't help but feel I failed you on that.

After a moment, he continues in a softer voice. "I always thought you were fun, you know? When Catherine was here? Maybe a little more so. I want to be your friend, Coco. You need someone to confide in, share drinks with, or just blow off steam to, consider this my application." He smiles, softly. Hopefully.

16. Likes Cayce, RebornSeas liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The center of two pupils split into eight followed after Lynn as she stalked away, the lids framing them narrowed in a flux of wounded anger, and at first that was the gaze Kyle was treated to as he began to speak. Blood was flowing quicker in Coco's veins, air filtered faster into her lungs, and the slight tremor of suppressed energy potential ghosted over her limbs, all of it a result not of what the minstrel before her said but the residue of what had just passed between her and Lynn. The violinist's...disregard, the casual way she rejected what Coco was feeling, the ease with which she washed her hands of the situation, it all coalesced into a bitter seed nestled in her breast. A part of that seed contained whispers of what the violinist had said, whispers that would echo in dreams, and rise unbidden into her ears while awake, but it could not change what the seed would blossom into. Only a different seed, fed on less bitter fair, could strangle off that which had just been sown.

Alas, all she had now was Kyle. He who had what she wanted, or a version of it.

Perhaps that would be enough.

"Drinks, then," Coco said tersely. "Later, perhaps. Either way, I think I'll get started with that now. Join me if you want," she offered, a grin bearing itself onto her face.

18. Likes Trickster liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread