Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Buffet of Color

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

There were so many around her now, L’aire was indecisive on what to do with said neon blue cupcake. She looked around, and saw not Winter’s here yet. Looking back to the Minstrel, he seemed so sweet. The frosting would make him ‘sweeter.’ It was now or never…

So the Dancer pulled the puff of blue from behind, and dabbed a little on Kyle’s nose. Giving him the briefest peck on the cheek, she smiled, cupcake by her side. “I really couldn’t resist.”

Turning back to the small group surrounding them, the Fairest smiled sheepishly. A little embarrassed to be caught. “Hello, Coco .” A little happy shrug, but her arm still around Kyle Ferlen . “I’m of the Onyx Court.” Letting it fall flat, feeling strange with no verbal title.

Catching the name of the Nightsinger ( Trickster ), the Dancer nodded her direction. “Hello Lynn. Nice to meet you both.” Her smile a little timid even though she’d seen their faces many times. It was the conversation that gave cause to her nature. “You can call me L’aire, or Sasha out of the privacy of the Freehold.”

Looking to the Ivy man next to her. “Uh, should I leave you to your stuff? Or, I could help, if that’s allowed?”

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Though Coco had originally set her 8-fold sights upon attaining the attention of the ethereal beauty that had once moved half the freehold close to tears through dance, L'aire found the Claviger looking distinctly preoccupied once she finally turned to address her. Part of it was indeed due to Coco recognizing how maladroitly she'd intruded upon the semi-private moment between L'aire and what appeared to be her paramour, though why anyone like her would be attracted to anything like Kyle she'd never fathom, but that was only a portion of it. The majority of her mind, however, was caught up in a snippet of an entirely innocent and joy filled statement, yet it was one that fell upon the Wasp with the devastation of a house fire. Or so it seemed, in the split second of time it took to process the sentence:

Annoyance faded into a genuine smile at the arrival of her pack-er motley mate. Morgan beamed a smile at Lynn and gave the violinist a happy little wave, "Lynn! G-g-g-g-joyous to see me-motley mate heh-here."
    'Me-motley mate'. So innocent, and so laughably mangled, and yet it sank with diseased rat teeth into Coco's breast. The Claviger looked away from L'aire and her paramour, flicking back towards Lynn and Morgan, but beyond even them she spied Ramona standing next to Ava as if the two were also united. The thought that she was reading into anything never appeared, and a decidedly pallid hue stole over her features, accompanying the dimming of her smile. It seemed that she had no allies in the room, known that were not paired with her enemies, and suddenly she lost interest in the sword she was holding.

Eventually, however, Coco realized she was mid introduction and snapped her attention back to L'aire with insect quickness.

"Ah, well, tis a pleasure L'aire. My apologies, I didn't mean to intrude. The two of you should continue on," she advised, directing a brief shooing motion towards them. "It is Spring, after all, and desires should be forbidden to none. But, uh, if you'll excuse me, I must speak with someone about something." An attempt at a polite smile was directed there way and then the Claviger turned and was off to pursue a much less light or lustrous desire.

Coco departs for the main thread again...
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

The Minstrel blinks and leans back a little in surprise, but then breaks into a happy grin. "Please... what's a little extra color hurt? Compared to how this place is gonna look in a little while, that's nothin."

Kyle can't help but feel a little awkward caught up in the arms of his... his... whatever she considers herself to him when [mention-2044]Coco makes her introduction. Should I pretend to be more modest? He decides not. He's really only thinking that way because of present company, and Sasha is obviously comfortable with it. Weird that she and Coco hadn't met yet.

"Sure. Later, Cosima." he says, inwardly shrugging. Her loss, I guess. He watches her walk away for a moment before turning back to Sasha.

"I'd love it if you did. Might warn ya, though... it's gonna make a mess. Explosion in a Skittles factory level mess." He mimes an explosion to emphasize the statement. "I think if we throw in more water than powder, we won't have to worry about them becoming a paste."

S
    Sasha

Shrugging but enthusiastic, the Dancer nodded. “Okay, sounds like fun.” Biting her lip, she looked at the frosting on his nose. “Isn’t that the point? To get messy?” Sweetly grinning until Coco said goodbye as fast as she said hello.

“Um…. Kyle.” Nodding in the direction that Lynn and Coco went off to. “Uh, what’s going on?” The way the Wasp zinged out of there so quickly caught the Dancer’s attention.

L’aire didn’t want to get in the middle of something that wasn’t her business. Still, it’s not like she could ignore what happened… and the two over yonder looking very serious.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

"Sure." he concedes, feeling silly over pointing it out. A little doting isn't completely out of place. He smiles, but his look is quickly replaced by one of shock as he follows Sasha's gaze and overhears the brewing commotion.

"Shit." The Minstrel doesn't look enthusiastic at all. "This is supposed to be fun, ya know?" He shakes his head in dismay. He swallows hard, feeling a moment of stupidity bordering on heroism surfacing. If he says nothing and lets things dissolve into chaos he will feel bad. He might end up feeling worse if he tries to help and has it backfire. His hand find's Sasha's and gives it an uncertain squeeze.

"I need to say somethin..." he says, face paling in dread. He turns back to look at Sasha, pulls her in for a quick hug, and steps back again quickly. A good luck hug. Shit I'm gonna need it. "I'm really sorry... it's just... these are Springs. You understand, right?"

Moments later, he's making his way over to Coco and Lynn. Unfilled balloons are still scattered where he left them.

Kyle joins this thread.

7. Likes Origins, Trickster liked this post
    S
    Sasha

“Yes yes, go, please.” Nodding quickly, as well as reciprocating his good luck squeeze. Maybe it wouldn't get too far out of hand if there was a...mediator?

L’aire wasn’t about to stand in the way of Courtiers fighting, or one attempting to help.

She decided not to get into it, it may have been a Verdant thing so she wanders over to make herself busy helping fill….things and stuff.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan timidly walked over to L'Aire, regularly casting worried looks toward the "private" conversation. When she got beside L'Aire, she started to fidget with her claws, clicking them together.

She kept fidgeting as she looked up at the Winter lady in worry, "Um-uh heh-hello L'Aire. Ssssorry if-if me words-presence c-cause troubles. C-c-can I mmmm-ask a query?" She paused for a moment before continuing. Her voice was quivering in worry, "Imma n-n-not good at socio-socko--people stuff...I ken th-they," she points weakly towards Lynn, Cosima, and Kyle, "Aro-are heh-having a private conversation-sorta. Would it be-be copacetic to interrupt oro-or a fox-passed? I-I d-don't wanna make things worse."

10. Likes Cayce, Travisc06489 liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire’s attention was sort of watching Kyle deal with the two across the way, and now the Raccoon who came to call.

“Oh, it’s okay Morgan. I’m not the best at it either.” Shrugging, then giving the Autumn Beast her attention. “Some of us may always have problems. But we do what we can.” Offering a soft empathetic smile. The Dancer was the last person that Morgan needed to apologize to. Although, L'aire was thankful she didn't stutter very often. Her inability to understand a few things proved difficult time and time again.

Shaking her head, “No you’re not interrupting. My um… Kyle. Kyle went to assist with something.” Not realizing she just said what she did aloud. “Kyle went to see what was going on over there.” Nodding her head again in the direction of Lynn and Coco.

Lowering her voice a little. “I don’t know what happened, but I think I’m going to leave it to them.”

Lynn Mills

Lynn made her way over to the buffet and snagged one of the brilliantly dyed cupcakes, pulling off the paper and eating it in about three bites. Gotta love stress eating. With a heavy sigh, she grimaced apologetically to both women.

"I'm sorry about that. Cosmia . . . I'm not completely sure what's up with her. But I'm not going to be dealing with it anymore today."

13. Likes Origins, Travisc06489 liked this post

Ciara Maskelyne

Walking over with a colorful cupcake in hand, Finn offers a polite nod of recognition to the three female's gathered close to the buffet. "Good evening ladies, glad to see you're all still alive and well." He was about to take a bite of the cupcake, giving a nice break in conversation for the others to speak, when he notices the apprehension and unease that seemed to hang around the group.

His hand dips down a little, pulling the cupcake away from his lips as he tries an awkward smile to dissuade the sudden self-consciousness he felt. "Uhh... should I come back later..."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.