Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1505) Jojo, Viv, Chris, and Gerald

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

"Honestly, Gerald, my experience this evening has been rather hellish," Josephine replied frankly. "Now, you might be saying to yourself, 'of course, Josephine, you strode into Hell', and I must admit I couldn't find fault with that thought. After all, what could be more torturous than being trapped in conversation with a horde of dullards? Certainly, I have a hard time imagining anything quite as bad. At least agony or terror has some measure of excitement to it. Boredom, however, is all consuming. It is insidious, pervasive, and cancerous, eating away at our very beings like rot upon flesh. Indeed, for beings such as us, that experience existence in brief snippets sprinkled liberally across the centuries, boredom is our true enemy. Thus, I am quite glad to see you. Perhaps you can relieve us of our boredom."

2. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

PRE

The presence of his Priscus and Vivian, as the group convenes, is fought against in his breast with a wailing and gnashing of teeth. Josephine's words, however, strike a chord. Gerald smiles.

"It is like you have peered directly into whatever black pit would pass for my soul. I was just thinking to myself that if Heaven were truly as boring as this place seems... we Damned aren't missing much." he replies in French, smiling for his private comment. It is possible, Gerald considers, that one of the other two might also speak French, but he doesn't really care. His words are for Josephine. Glancing at the other two, his smile lessens. Only slightly so.

"You all have come here to avoid boredom, then? This puts me in a bind. I had hoped this evening's tune would be more diplomatic for me." He shakes his head, letting out a single sound like a laugh. "Who am I kidding, eh? Some people come here for that kind of thing... politics. But none of them appear to have anything to say. At least not to me." He winks playfully at Vivian. Quite suddenly, too - as if someone had flipped a switch in his head, and his lament entirely forgotten.

"What does the Reeve do for fun? When he is not tracking down miscreants?" he asks the Beastless man. Somehow, formality feels a little less irksome when spoken in the third person. Gerald regards him with curiosity, knowing little about the man outside of his title.

V
    Vivian York

“A bored Lord, definitely not something to take lightly. Idle hands are the work of the devil, correct?” Her head looked to Gerald and then to Josephine. Having heard talk of what could happen with psychotic Ventrue, it was probably best to keep these two entertained.

“I do confess, some courts being dull are not all bad. At least there isn’t any riff raff to further deal with. I saw someone leave earlier. New. Perhaps not entirely schooled for public appearances or what have you.” Her gloved hand whisked in a random direction. Despite not knowing exactly went down, observations didn’t hide some of the truth.

Lips curling into a smirk. “Really. A Carthian with nothing to say about politics. Fascinating. But, I know you are just as entertaining without the politics.” Vivian snickered recalling another night she caught him out with his phrasing. “Isn’t it interesting they say religion, politics and money are things you shouldn’t discuss in mixed company? I’d like to add sex to that as well, because apparently it makes people uncomfortable. However, these themes seem to define us…”

Of course the Daeva could answer what the Reeve did for fun sometimes. Amazingly, Vivian didn’t respond, she was very interested in Chris Wooding ’s own words.

ooc

PRE

"If you can't discuss, politics, religioun, or sex, then what can you really talk about?" Josephine countered. "All infringe upon the territory of philosophy, of meaning, and thus to deny them would be to deny a conversation of any real relevance at all. I'd far prefer discussions about them to discussions about the environment. Truly, what can really be said, there? 'Ah, yes, it's perennially dark tonight, though darker than usual due to the rain clouds. I fancy the rain, though it's a shame it doesn't make the red wheat grow any taller,'" the Ventrue jested with a most serious deadpan.

6. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'The day that I'm bored at Court has yet to come. Although in any occasion I prefer to be in the company of others, I don't mind just observing people.' The Mekhet shrugs. Is that because he's a Mekhet? He'd certainly like to think so. Part-time einzelgängers never have to feel lonely.

'Now I don't know who they are, Vivian,' the conservative Invictus perhaps, 'but if we could never discuss such matter publicly we'd be doomed to never make any progress in life. And even while being part of one of the world's oldest religious groups I still like to see myself as progressive.'

He turns to Gerald then, 'Now what do I do for fun? I'm a simple man: Watch a movie, watch some series, read some books, swing my katana around, hunt helpless victims in the night, worship ancient deities...' What else is there? A boyish grin appears, 'Or hang out with Vivian.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

8. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

PRE

"Someone new, eh?" Gerald hadn't noticed. Whoever it was, he can't help but wonder if another opportunity had been wasted. Or maybe not. Not if this prospect didn't last longer than a single Court. He can only shake his head in wonder of how that could have gone down.

Vivian seems to have a point. All of the little tidbits that make life - or unlife - more interesting are often the ones that make people uncomfortable. He is just about to come up with some clever quip to respond with when the Ventrue Priscus interjects. The once-pirate gives Josephine a bemused look. His laugh comes after a moment's delay when he realizes she's joking.

Old religion? There are way too many religions out there. Gerald almost wants to ask if Reeve's and Sigrún's beliefs had any parallels. Or Bonner's, for that matter. He doesn't give those kinds of legends any real thought. Though they can be pretty entertaining.

"Alright, no talks of weather. But honestly... take the word 'or' out of your list of approved topics and things might really get interesting." he offers Josephine, grinning.

He can't help but raise a brow at Chris' last statement. This is the kind of thing that catches and holds Gerald's interest. Do the two of them have some kind of history? My my... speaking of sex and politics intertwining. "Vivian certainly seems like good company to keep." he offers, glancing between the two.

V
    Vivian York

She let a short burst of laughter slip out of her mouth. Josephine was more funny now than she was previously. At least Vivian understood her type of cynicism. “Weather conversations are for standing in line. It entertains my mind from the want of a snack.”

“They, is a proverbial general consensus of course.” Her shoulder slightly shrugging with a sweet grin on her face. “Indeed if you aren’t progressive any longer, things seem to get left behind. Yet, I think discussing matters and hearing a point of view on certain things helps us to better understand one another. But, I digress.” Considering she was keeping company with opposing religious beliefs, putting that topic to bed was a good idea.

A Carthian, Sanctified and Acolyte. Glancing toward David Regan for a second, she realized all that was missing was a Dragon and Invictus. If she had to choose an Invictus member it would probably be the new sensory reeling Haunt, much preferred over a particular feminine Daeva. She adored the mixed company though, it was far more intriguing than the earlier.

Vivian put her gloved hand to her mouth and snickered profusely as Chris listed off his list of fun. Particularly swinging the katana around. Quickly composing herself, she added. “Well, I do like to talk about things. Sex, money, politics and religion.” Over exaggerating her wink.

“So, let things get really interesting. Gerald, if you want to talk about sex, I’m a Daeva. Clearly I’m all ears…” Her grin turning Cheshire. She knew Josephine’s views on the subject, and of course, Chris… but the masculine Lord’s version of it would be quite entertaining.

At least this is the mild topic of all the taboos listed. And one of the worst songs flipped through her mind.

PRE

"I must admit, I'm surprised Reeve Wooding. I, too, enjoy most all of the activities upon your list, though I must admit that handling your katana is definitely not one of them," Josephine observed, her smile returning now that the evening had moved beyond the obliteratingly boring topics, and a measure of wit, or aspirations to it, were added to the mix.

"As for letting things get interesting, I shant stand in the way. On the contrary, I'm curious to hear what you all might have to say. So, in the purpose of ferreting biases out, what do you think the purpose of sex is? Is it merely the vector through which we reach something else, such as ecstasy, communion, or emotional experience, or is it something that is wholly itself, much in the way that the aesthetics treat Art: something entirely original and self contained, but which we see reflected in other things?"

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

The young Mekhet - though by some assumed to be Elder - must suppress a naughty grin. This is about to get very interesting. He smiles to Josephine. Apparently when she's not talking about other people but other things, she's quite enjoyable company.

Not that she will ever handle my katana. If anyone here, except Vivian.

'You prefer more ranged weaponry, I believe? Not that I wish to digress from the topic of sex, but a memory of our meeting with Khan suddenly came to mind.' Chris better keep things about actual weaponry then.

After a short moment, Chris then replies to the other question raised. 'It can be all those things, don't you think? On itself it is a complete experience, with different possible techniques, involving body language... and other language. It should definitely already be enjoyable before the most intense ecstasy. If it is just that, you can learn a lot about someone by experiencing how they act, by seeing what language they use.' 'Observing' sounds either too distant or too perverted.

He shrugs, 'Then if you will, you can use it as a tool to reach other goals. Social or even spiritual communion. In the end, if you want one answer, I would still stay the purpose is 'pleasure'.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

13. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

"Hmm..." the ancilla says, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "An interesting take." It seems like an appropriately 'Mekhet' answer; Chris seeing sex as a way to learn about another through the unspoken nuances. Or as a bargaining chip of sorts.

"As for 'this' fellow," he adds, indicating himself with his thumbs "sex is both a means and an end. Not unlike the act of feeding, if you think about it. An demonstration of power over another - well, if you are any good at it." He chuckles. "Yet even as you express this control over this other person... you aren't yourself. You belong to your desire. And in the end? You claim that prize. That prize that seemed more important than anything else in the world all the way up to that final moment... and then it is over. You either linger to nurture an attachment or from some sense of guilt... or you leave and don't look back."

His gaze drifts to the Daeva, a wicked grin spreading on his face. "What about you, dear? You must be something of a subject matter expert. And what of my clan's Priscus?" he adds, looking at Josephine with an equally interested look.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread