Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa paused, waiting for Katya to move before walking with her.

A short distance of separation from the others, and a clear indication of a private conversation. The few steps provided an opportunity to gather thoughts after the intrusion of bare predators.

Bare predators, indeed.

It wouldn't be the first private conversation he'd had with a beautiful woman in Court, nor the first with one he'd recently seen unclothed... but the thoughts he assembled were far from carnal.

"Miss Harding,"
    he repeated again, slowing to a stop. "If you recall, I mentioned having interest in organization skills the last time we saw one another at Asylum."

Asa paused, and looked at the woman with a small smile.

"What is your understanding of the duties of a Prince's Seneschal?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya follows Prince Clark, all the while wondering what it is he intends to ask her. The last request he made involved testing her primal beast in addition to allowing him to drink her in with his eyes...would his teeth be next?

She stops when he does and listens, nodding in acknowledging her memory of their last discussion. When he says the "S" word she almost drops her jaw. Tacitly she sees where he's going now, but she's still in disbelief. Yet this doesn't stop her from letting a tiny smile spread across her face as she responding in a serious tone.

"My understanding your grace is that the Seneschal is the Prince's 'Right Hand' so to speak. An official who handles book keeping and keeps their eyes and ears to the ground so as to know all they can about the happenings between all kindred in the city. If there are any pressing issues, the Seneschal tries to see to it they are resolved quickly, otherwise they are in charge of booking appointments with those who wish to meet with the Prince." at least that's what she recalled about her own Seneschal back in Detroit. She never was one so how specific those duties were were anyone's guess. "Is my understanding correct your Grace?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"More or less."

In some Domain, more; in others, less. Like so many things, the description was subject to the whimsy of Princes. Of Seneschals, Sacramento had many past -- one of whom still walked the Domain. In New York, the title had carried all the weight of an animated day-planner.

"In this case, perhaps a bit more. The Clan Prisci are responsible for their own -- from granting and revoking Rights to adjudicating disputes. If someone wishes to appeal that, they would do so with the Seneschal. To keep things from devolving into trivial re-hearings, perhaps the Prisci should be awarded a Major Boon if their judgment was correct. If they're not still not satisfied, I suppose they could appeal the judgment with me,"
    he added. A slight lift of the brow indicated his thoughts on that. "Further, overseeing the day-to-day as well as coordinating things with the Reeve, who would be a near counter-part -- albeit more in the way of enforcement than adjudication."

Dark eyes studied the woman. She was Crone, just as the current Reeve was. The potential for bias was there.

"The Seneschal also, of course, receives Tenancy and Rack access, as do all the other members of the Court proper. The Seneschal answers only to myself, or my Herald should I appoint one."

And his sister, but there was currently no reason to get into those particulars. Twist had never been one to throw her weight around, and if someone couldn't infer her unique position in the Domain, well... The smile that had faded into polite monologue returned. Asa leaned forward ever so slightly and cocked his head.

"Would you be interested in being my Seneschal, Miss Harding?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

4. Likes Vassagon, Dark Passenger, Wod.Infant liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

When Asa expands on the role of Seneschal, Katya listens carefully, knowing that that is what he expects and is not politely requesting. She tries imagining herself in this role and feels that her background in psychology would be a good fit. Plus, she'd be working with her Hierophant. While the commonality in their beliefs is appealing, she trusts his judgement regardless and feels like their rapport would be beneficial in the long run.

It's when he mentions tenancy and Rack access that she almost lets her excitement get the best of her. She resists letting a wide grin spread across her face, the image of a naked woman hanging from Katya's ropes, bleeding from the back and letting it drip down Katya's throat, make Katya feel close to "alive."

She would be answering to him more directly, which isn't a problem, but it is a risk. He is the most powerful in the domain which means, as an extension of him, he would have expectations. What would happen if she failed? She felt his bite once when playful, what was that bite like when he was angered?

Being his right hand sounds similar to being a grad student for my mentor...except I could die if I fail in carrying out my job....which doesn't make it different from grad school at all. But, I did leave Michigan to find a new gateway, a new challenge that would test my limits, clearly this is another gateway. First he tested me with his whip, now this...there is no going up, only a further descent.

She returns the smile when he poses the question and she bows her head "I am honored that you would offer the duty to me your Majesty. This does sound like something that would peak my interest. so I would gladly except." she pauses for a moment as she turns her head, hesitating to ask a question but then deciding to ask now rather than regret not asking later. "If I may ask your highness, what were the practices and actions my predecessors did that were to your liking and actions that you'd rather they hadn't done? I understand the duties you mentioned, but I imagine that past Seneschals may have acted in what they thought was their best judgment, which might not have matched what you had in mind. I only ask because if I am to be your Right Hand, I want to better understand how to be your Right hand and not someone else's. " she doesn't want to accuse him of having a bias in ruling the city as a member of the First Estate, but Court politics was something she was not a scholar in and the more she could learn before stepping into it the better.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa studied the woman, and did her the courtesy of giving her question thought.

Rahyna. Staley. Stamford. Villiers. Donovan. Brady.

Some had done more, some less. There had been things done, which he would not have done... but that would be more difficult to do, now. Few had seen, or understood the changes, but most had not. He doubted anyone recognized why.

"I've chosen you, because of who you are, and what I've seen,"
    Asa finally answered. "Answering your question would affect that, and so I will say only this: none of my Seneschals have ever been punished, or demoted. Each vacancy has been by their choosing, rather than mine." Asa leaned back, considering his own answer-non-answer. "I will also be available to answer any questions of protocol you have about My Domain."

The words were carefully chosen, carefully inflected. A message, one he trusted someone familiar with Asylum would understand.

"Use the Laws I've written to guide you. I trust that you, more than most, understand that a degree of respect --while not written-- is expected within the Domain between Kindred based on their standing. There's no rush, but also consider that this Elysium currently has no Keeper appointed,"
    he continued conversationally.

Lips widened in a genuine smile, and eyes left hers to move around Court.

"Whenever you feel it's appropriate, feel free to announce your ascension, Seneschal Harding."

s
    sumthingpositiv

A blank slate, that is the response, but it makes perfect sense to Katya. Why would he ask her if he wanted something from the old? More importantly, he's expecting her to bring something new to the table and that meant, no outside influence. Think like a scientist Katya.

She returns the smile and bows her head again "As always you are gracious and wise in judgment your grace. I will do my best to carry that out from now on. Thank you again. Tonight is a good night then for me to become familiar with those I haven't met."" no more wallflower for her. She waits to see if he has anything else to add before parting ways and heading back into the crowd.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa simply nods, having nothing further to add.

He watches her depart, then moves back in to the orbit of Court proper...

Asa rejoins the main thread...

Closed Thread