Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1504) Star and Tyria

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

This was worse than Principal Ari.

Forget that pretty girls are mean. Everyone knows that. It's never good when an Order head knows your name. Or wants to talk to you. Multiply that if they're not your Order head. Well, okay, there are exceptions. Okay, just one exception, but that was different. A hand drifted up, but it's message was stillborn, instead continuing upward to scratch at the mop. Don't get cute with the hands. Because Wings.

The only time assumptions don't do the You And Me thing? When you assume someone knows everything. It's all good. Remember Del Taco? Then there's always the Bucket List. Having a Mysterium Curator chase you down? Check. Bluish eyes dodged away from brown ones, skittering across July and Avis like a rock skipping across a pond. Shoulders shrugged, hands splayed. What do you do?

A shoe squeaked on the floor with a half step, drifting away.

"You, ummm. You look nice. With your hair up? That's a good look. I mean, you know. More of a good look. Because, you know, you always, like... Uh."

Because Conversation Partner.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Eyes snap to Star, cutting him off at the terribly delivered compliment pass. “I'm not here to be complimented. I'm sure you've heard that already.” Words are stones, placed one after another like bricks. The woman may not be a Mastigos, but her very bearing and will seem unbreakable.

Tyria clears her throat. Not something she needs but the very motion and sound seeks to stop Star's thoughts from blurting out of his lips.

Finally, when some measure of stillness from the Illusionist is achieved, in some manner of speaking Tyria states, “It's a fine evening, isn't it? I hope you don't decide to spend the whole evening in the bathroom.” Tyria's head moves slowly towards Star, “You'll miss out on some of the architecture.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

See? Pretty girls are mean.

"Sorry. But, no, not really? Like, you're totally the first person I complimented. Today. So I haven't heard that. Or did you mean, like, hear why, uh, someone isn't here? But I think that's a 'No', too. Nobody really tells me what they're not doing? They don't really tell me what they're doing, either. Anyway. I'm sorry. I won't compliment you anymore."
    Two fingers up. Scout's Honor.

"I didn't know that, like, you weren't comfortable with that. With compliments, or maybe, your attractiveness? Or s... s... sexuality? It's okay. I'm not, like, super comfortable with it either. Yours. Like, I'm comfortable with mine. My sexuality. But not yours."

That smell? It's hamster fur burning in wheel bearings.

"I don't know much about architecture. What should I, like, look for?"
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Neutrality, that up till this point lingered on Tyria's features drop like dead Autumn leaves, “Apparently, you are quite comfortable in your sexuality.” Voice full of impeccably timed beats. Syllables delivered with icy, pristine, precision. Tyria's attention moves back to the assembling Councilors. “Surprising, for a Guardian, actually. I had thought that a Guardian was the pinnacle of pragmatism.

A lissome shrug follows. Smooth movements. Watching Tyria is like watching someone move beneath water. All of the small ticks and tremors everyone unconsciously checks for is gone.

You should look for who owns that architecture.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Really? Are we?"

Genuine curiosity brightened the words. It was possible. There's a lot of stuff that isn't in the Join The Guardians pamphlets, yo.

Eyes watched the Councilors settle, or, at least, three out of five. Three and a half? Provost is as Provost does. The sight was just a backdrop, as replies were shuffled and turned over like cards. Like a magician's assistant, minus the spandex and Vanna White smile, he'd set the stage for the reveal. There are a lot of ways to play a hand. But at the end of the day, it is what it is.

An institution is like the flimsy box that a deck of cards comes in. Each card, a secret. True story.

"Thank you for your discretion."
    - Roald Dahl

C
    Casitive

Restraint is a funny thing. Such as discretion given and taken. From her movements and her posture, Tyria doesn't seem the type to do things without reason. Which, is probably why the small bemused smile at Star's gratitude of discretion sticks out so much.

Tyria wants Star to know that she could have cut to the quick of that statement.

How will you redress the Alae Draconis?” Illusions are useful, as are the Illusions of choice. “Shall I call Crowley here to undergo the Rite of Requite? Or, shall I simply put you under a geas?

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

There's an art to betting.

When you're heads up, it's about knocking the other person out. When it's a full house, it's about getting as much out of every person you can. Likewise, when you're short stacked, it's about knowing when to buy in, or fold.

Secrets are power. But they're only power as long as they're secrets. No one like to play games with an amateur, because they're unpredictable. They won't play safe, they won't do the right thing.

"Yeah, I don't think so?"
    Thin shoulders shrugged. "It's kind of sad, you know? That you can't just do someone a solid and think they'll get you on the next go. Not you, I mean, anyone. Lack of faith. What is, disturbing?"

Bluish-green eyes met brown ones squarely. Paging Toby Esterhase.

"That's a public building. No cabal has claimed it, and it's not official Consilium grounds. You can accept the fact that, well, my bad, and I'll get you back, or you can make a fuss. I'm good either way. I like my chances with a formal Trial."

Because Precedents.

"Or you can take it up with my Order head? But, personally, I think we ought to just go with me thinking you're a pretty cool chick. Well. Pretty. And. Cool. Right?"

It's not a big deal, yo. True. Story.

6 for Exceptional Schmooze!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-17 20:32:40 Starzzles! rolls 12 to Manip + Persuasion + Fast Talk + Consilium Status (10 Again) 1, 2, 8, 4, 9, 10, 6, 9, 8, 8, 3, 4, 2 6 successes
    - Roald Dahl

C
    Casitive

Do you really, really want to drag all of this out in a Formal Trial?” Tyria says calling the bluff. “No.” The Acanthus says, eyes level on the man. “You've already given me your and the Mastigos Councilor's Sympathy.” A beat, “Do you want to give me whatever dignity you have left, Magus? Given it's Consilium Grounds for the purposes of Consilium Gatherings then I don't think you really have a leg to stand on.

Tyria pauses. Drums her fingers on her leg.

We can keep this quiet and you can give me a favor. Or, I can drop all courtesy that I've given you thus far with discretion, the very same discretion you failed to afford the Mysterium, because your absentee Order Heads apparently have no idea how to run their business.

A breath is taken as though deciding what to do with this errant Mage. “Do you want me to stand? Or shall we continue to enjoy the Consilium Proceedings and we can work out your reparations in private?

Fast Talk is not the roll you need to be doing here.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Nobody's bluffing, yo.

Amateurs and Secrets. Sometimes, things are one way. Then, they can be another. It's like flipping a card over.

"Yeah, you can say that, sure. But the Charter doesn't say it. And isn't that what a Trial is about? What the Charter says and doesn't say? There's no,"
    finger air quotes, "'For The Purpose Of'. There are, like, three places listed. That totally isn't one of them. Pretty clear cut, you know?"

She wouldn't win a Trial. Bet some khakis on it. And who ever needed Dignity? Not a Guardian. Sure, it'd be a little messed up. But trading favors for Pride? Eyes flickered back towards the Councilor's table. He didn't even need to ask his Warlock. Amateurs and Secrets are a lot like a gun with one bullet. Give it a shot. Talk them down. But if they won't?

Be. An. Amateur.

"I am, like, SOOOOOOOOOO SORRY that I played Supernal Tinder with my caballie by some Egyptian Basket Weaving exhibit in some random museum!" Arms flailed upward with a rising warble.

Ever try to catch a falling knife?

Don't.

Because hitting the floor.
    - Roald Dahl

C
    Casitive

Who said I'll request a Trial?” Tyria states simply, confidently. “I was going to do the Rite of Requite and retain the discretion you've failed to show me. You would have simply paid for the failure in respect shown to my order, my Order's home, and the Consilium,” the woman states coldly, “But, apparently, just like you can't keep it in your pants, you can't see the forest for the trees.

It is not some random museum, Star. It is my Museum.” A beat, “And My Museum is not the Seven Sister's hotel. Both of you kindly, never step foot in my museum again.”

Tyria Primoria rises, “This is a Pressing matter Provost Truce . I demand a Duel Arcane against Magus Star or Councilor Avis for the disrespect shown to the Mysterium and the Consilum. Neither showed restraint nor discretion in deciding to have sex within the Fillard Goldman Museum during the last Consilium Gathering.

Closed Thread