Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Garment Jungle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Angel Ducard

"so I said to him, it is not my fault your wife is a size queen Sir. Now sign here." I let Vivian drive as I finish the story of a recent client. She seems to enjoy it more and her car is far nicer then mine. A smile is on my face as she pulls into the lot of Quicksilver Gate. How very interesting, it is like a bazaar. "How lovely. This should be very exciting. You have been here before, yes?" I smooth my dark skirt and make sure that my blouse is addressed properly, after all I am going to see someone who is an expert in clothes. I don't want to look as if I just rolled in off the street. If you go far enough back, technically I did, but that is its own story for another day.

I open my clutch and pull out a compact, checking my makeup to make sure that my skin carries a proper tone of life to it. Simple blushing does give the at least the appearance of being alive, but deathly pale. "Ugh, one moment." I take out my foundation and powder and add a bit to be doubly sure. "To Heavy?" I ask as I finish refreshing the makeup and look to my dear friend Vivian for her opinion.

V
    Vivian York

“Good god, that was brilliant.” Vivian commented with a hearty laugh. The lace gloves letting the steering wheel slide beneath her fingers as she circled the lot. The gold was just soft enough so as not to overpower the simple dress she wore. Her red locks teased her shoulders and draped along the back of the dress.

Pulling into a parking spot and nodding. “Yes, the holidays I was here. The whole place was abuzz and slightly aloof with the shoppers for whatever their respective festival.”

Rolling up the window the old fashioned way, a crack of the knob as it rose to the top, she overheard the Haunt’s frustration. The Daeva wore make up, but it was not as necessary as Angel’s needed to be. Leaning her head so she could look around the previously monochromatic face, Vivian touched her own nose. “Right there, down your nose. Just a quick streak of it should even it out.” Not about to let her friend leave with uneven make up, or worse, a Masquerade issue.

Taking up her handbag, she asked. “Have you tried the make-up sealant from Urban Decay? It prevents smearing or washing away in the rain.” She realized how ironic that brand of cosmetic sounded, and smirked.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

The great thing about being friendly is that when it is suggested to the owner of the complex that she needed to open up late for special clients, Terri usually got what she wanted. Sure, Gianna had made certain that Terri followed all the correct procedures and had even asked if there were any other merchants that wanted to open late, to which only a couple agreed. Naturally, the restaurants on the ground floor were open as usual but on the second floor, only Treetop Fashions was currently trading this night.

Terri had ensured that all her best designs were on display; dresses of various shapes, lace gloves, thin scarves, all from her new spring collection. In fact, Vivian and Angel would be the only souls to have seen her most recent creations and Terri was excited at the prospect.

Leaving her stall unattended, Terri hurried downstairs to wait for her clients to arrive, eager to make a good impression. Her dress? Well, it shimmered under the lights of Quicksilver Gate and her pout was delicately touched with lipstick; makeup she barely wore. Tonight was different. Tonight, she needed to fit in and to make her clients feel comfortable.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus nods at Terri as she descends the stairs and gives her a wink and a smile as he passes her on his way up. The steely eyed man doesn't say anything, but when Gianna asked him if he wanted to reopen his stall later that evening for his neighbor's special clients, he couldn't think of any reason why not. Once at his stall, Marcus purposefully places the small metal box on the counter in back and does a once over of his inventory. The larger sculptures and decorative weapons rest upon the shelves lining the stall, saving the front counter space for the smaller and more delicate jewelry and other unique objets d'art. After placing a few more business cards in their holder, he eyes the sign hanging above the shelves as well as it's twin on the front of the counter. The shiny metallic letters spelling out METALWORKS have begun to fade a bit, but still provide a nice contrast to the darker, non-reflective block letters of MARKVII upon which they are superimposed. Satisfied, Marcus hopes the late night Quicksilver Gate shoppers will appreciate his assortment of handcrafted metal creations. More importantly, he hopes Terri appreciates that he skipped beer o'clock to try and help her make a good impression.

5. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    A
    Angel Ducard

Addressing the missed spot that Vivian points out, I give her a nod of thanks. "Thanks Love. No, I haven't, but I will try that. Blushing does work for me, it's just... instead of looking as we do unblushed, I just look unhealthily pale, I have been referred to as Anemic. The makeup is mostly me being vane and also trying to not draw unnecessary attention to myself."

I slip my compact back into my purse and give her a nod, "Shall we off." I open the door and step out of the car. I wait for Vivian to come around, the car and loop my arm with hers as we are bosom friends. "I am excited, I have been looking forward to this"

V
    Vivian York

Flipping down the mirror in the Nova, she pulled a tube of particular lipstick out of her purse. It was called Vixen, it was her normal color. The beauty of this was, it didn’t kiss off, nor did it leave marks on fabric if she happened to brush it. She really didn’t need to pull down the mirror, she had put lipstick on so many times it was second nature.

“Well, yes and no, Angel. It’s not like heavy make-up is going to call attention to yourself. I think you’re handling it splendidly.”

Her lips made a popping sound after she rubbed them together, and turned to the Haunt. “Oh I am too. I haven’t shopped with a female in years.”

After getting out of the vehicle, she looked in the direction of where they were headed. “Oh, wouldn’t you know. Terri is waiting for us.” Shutting the door, and walking around to the walk, waiting for the painted Haunt.

Your dress was forbidden Terri… like 404 error, not tawdry

A
    Angel Ducard

"Oh? Go shopping with men mostly?" I ask giving her a wink as we approach Terri's store, "Good evening Terri!" I wave to her as we enter the... "This place is absolutely divine!" I smile to the red head as I look over the inside of this, what was it she called it, a stall, not much of an accurate description.

Looking around the store I already see different outfits I want to try out. "Better hold me back Viv, I am already seeing a few things I love."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri's Dress (Hopefully)

Terri was waiting for two new friends; she was quite surprised to see one of her oldest. Giving Marcus a huge grin and a quick peck on the cheek as he passed, she would play catch up another time. Marcus had always been a Hedge protector and she understood how sometimes his role would take him off for months at a time. She wondered what his reaction would be to the news that the Rick and Terri Show was definitely back on.

"Good evening, ladies. I hope you're both well?" Terri replied, excitement building once again as the adrenaline began to filter through her bloodstream, the potential that could develop from these apparent ladies of leisure; both in terms of friendship and business. If Christmas was any indication, Vivian possessed a wealth that many would covet yet also a charitable streak that came natural, as if the wealth meant nothing. That was a true sign of status.

As she turned, stepping in time with both Vivian and Angel, Terri matched their speed, guiding them towards her own stall, which was next to Marcus'. Throwing him a wink, she finally gave both her full attention.

"You're really too kind, Angel," the redhead smiled before adding, "I have to confess that everything on display tonight is brand, spanking new. I simply couldn't resist from giving such wonderful fashionista's something unique for spring. Can I get either of you a drink?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

V
    Vivian York

“Not only are we well Terri, we are excited to see you.” If it weren’t for a quick stop at a truck stop earlier that evening, the woman in the dress would be ever so delectable. But, they’d past the point of any sort of ‘random’ hunt or feeding now.

“Brand new, oh that’s what We love to hear. Are these your own creations as well?” Even if the petite woman had followed any patterns, they were still hers no matter what she said. Because it was never about just the designs, but fabrics, texture and color made a garment.

The Daeva’s eyes followed Terri’s to the man’s stall next to hers. “So, what does he have going on over there, hmm? Something that would pique our interests too?” Chuckling as her eyes searched through the boutique stall.

A
    Angel Ducard

I am looking around now, not even noticing the fourth member of our band of late night denizens at the QG. "All New! and for us! You are either the shrewdest of saleswomen or the sweetest of them." I say with a honest touch of exasperation. Then again, Vivian, if her car was of any judge, is very well off. So maybe our dear Terri was just hoping for Vivian to go nuts.

"So Terri Dear, what do you recommend? I would love a new blouse and skirt."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.