THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 9 of 15 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon watches the situation unfold, tempers rising. THe thing with Star and Avis gets only a smile from him: really, do the exhibits actually mind someone doing it near them? Mysterium and their artefacts.

Eventually, he rises to address the gathering:

"Magus Striker, the switch was made to avoid conflict of interest as I would not have been able to prosecute properly while being in the same Cabal. I apologise for not informing you, we were going to schedule a series of interviews with both parties and Factotum Pepper and supply the necessary info in the invitations", - he looks briefly from Avis to Striker and back, - "If you would settle this internally and would wish for my help, I would be happy to advise on compensation appropriate to the Lex Magica. Of course, it's not necessary".

He sits back at his table now addressing Striker in a much quieter voice:

"Really sorry, man. About not warning. But I hope you can see why I didn't want Pepper defending you and me prosecuting: it would be a clusterfuck in just so many ways".

And then there is the issue with the spell-casting... Maybe this Consillium needed a Scelesti or something to keep their Arcana in their pants.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

2. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    L
    LoneRanger

The situation is becoming hotter. By the minute. I remain concentrated to see what happens. Then... A recess! God bless Truce! Then, I just turn my head to see what goes on. As I am sat down rather near to July, I notice his new neighbour, Argo Forma. I weave him my right hand as a greeting sign, and smile at him friendly. Then I show him a thumb up sign.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Weren't the Great Rights for Cabals and not Orders?

No big. Even if they were? They hadn't invoked or denied Hospitality, hadn't used magic -- well, okay, it had been magical, but they hadn't cast any spells -- and they were both held in higher esteem than the Wicked Witch of the Myst. Just like he'd said. No win.

And, of course, the creepy. Super. Creepy. Inviting people over, then spying on them for blackmail? And everyone thought the Guardians were dirty. Hey come over, to be spied on. Want a drink? Some extortion to go? Yikes. Nobody needed that action at Hostel HI. Explained Miach, though. Little more Order Leading, a little less Voyeur Creeping, the poor guy might not be wandering around like a lost sheep. Maybe Tyria was why Lycus left, too.

Cue Duel Dramaaaaaaaaaaa.

No bigs. Win-Win. Win the Duel, win. Lose the Duel, then everyone would see the Truth of the city's eldest escalating sexual frustration grievances just to thug two kids. Getting beat up over lunch money? Not. The. First. Time.

Khakis and sneakers drifted over to the Everyone Else table. A hand flopped out in a lackluster wave and a mop like wilted daisies bobbed.

"I think this is where I should sit. Not because, you know, this is the sexual deviants table, but because I think it's the No Cabal table. Right? Mind if i sit? I'm going to sit."

Shhhhhh. No yelling in Consilium, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, RebornSeas, Cabochard, Kelreth liked this post

Miach

PRE

One thing was sure at the Sacramento's Consilium: you never got bored. The new Charter and its FAQ. Striker's trial, and its lawyers. Tyria and Star, and their Duel. Avis and Einstein. A giant albinos arriving late without anyone checking on him.

When his Order Head left though, the Acanthus nearly rose, ready to follow her if asked. Noone did. And then Star joined the Caballess table, and the moment passed. "Please..." he said to the Mighty as a greeting of sorts. He knew where his heart laid. And also what his duty would entail...

The Acanthus would have wept. To think he had been held hostages for months, and that in the meantime, the same kind of shit had probably happened... What truly important things were happening right now when they were busy doing useless things like bickering among themselves ? It made him feel sick.

C
    Casitive

Steely eyes look between Avis and Star. It'd be easy to state Anger, but Anger had long been tempered from the Hierarch a long time ago. No, it's more disappointment. “Magus Star, Councilor Avis. Whatever that,” a pointed glance to the exit, “was? Fix it. Before the Consilium, as a whole, has nowhere to meet.

Aquinas does not give Star or Avis time for rebuttals. His tone brooks no argument and it is obvious that he will not hear any.

Before we go to Recess. I might as well go over my points so those of the Consilium may give it thought while we work. First, I require a Herald. Herald Crowley has done an admirable job but he does need to share the workload. Second, I require Sentinels, charged with protecting the Consilium. As always, I need present and active members of the Community. If you believe you are up for the job; see Crowley or see me after the meeting.

The Chair scrapes as Aquinas rises to his feet. “Councilors, you requested a quick recess.” A gesture, inviting them to walk.

Next dude make the thread

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein rises, nodding at Aquinas. "Yes, thank you." Eyes flit across the room quickly, alighting on all the troublemakers - basically the entire Consilium. "I recommend you take this time to get some fresh air, center yourselves, and ask those among us who know Life to cleanse your systems." Because some of that mess could only have been caused by people on drugs of some sort. Right?

Einstein walks off, leading the way to a back room.

The Recess happens here!

E
    Enoich

Ah, intermission. The time where the audience gets up, stretches their legs and comments briefly about the particularly interesting scenes of the play. For it was truly a play; a series of scenes with appropriate bits of drama glued together by the actor's melodrama. Not that Argo had any particular problems with this, so long as the quips were entertaining. As he rises, he gives a gentle nod to the members who sat at the Lonely Heart's table before seeking out one of the Tea Tables and pouring himself a nice cuppa.

Aquina's declaration of dutiful positions; of Herald, and Sentinel, intrigued him. Clearly the population of mages was not enough to sustain a proper bureaucracy, insomuch that even the processing of the recognized needed more able mages. He would be happy to volunteer his services, but sadly needed recognition in this city before anything like that occured. Aquinas mentioned a man named Crowley as the resident Herald. Interesting...

Aha... The woman who left the building had command of the Mysterium, and now her actions have banned me from attending locations. Perhaps it is wise to keep my Order loyalties on the... how do you say... down and low.

Sitting himself back at the table, Argo takes a brief sip before glancing at Star, inquiring in his thick accent, "You put on such show, really get everyone excited to see rest of Counsilium. Have you considered career in theater?" With a wide grin reminiscent of a line of polished tombstones, the Russian extends a solid and callused hand, "Argo Forma, new arrival, It is a pleasure." Glancing to the rest of the table, he adds in, "And to you all a toast! Good health and a hearty sense of humor."

Star

T

As Avis explained the situation and offered him a chance to resolve their issues sans trial Striker's lips parted and his eyes opened with surprise. Not only had they kept him in he dark about when if at all the trial would be, they'd switched out the factotum he'd asked to defend him. He could barely believe no-one had thought to tell him. Yet with Avis' proposal this all became irrelevant and he nodded to her in agreement. If everything hadn't happened at once he would have sworn the oath there in front of everyone.

Einstein was demanding he calm down, despite the fact he he was already sitting quietly again. He was starting to gt the impression she just liked the sound of her own voice.

Pepper's apology, or maybe it was just an admission that she hadn't done what she said she'd do, earned her a hard look from the Australian. He didn't know what to make of the Acanthus now. Did she just forget, or maybe run out of time? But she was an Enchanter and he had to assume that there weren't any coincidences when she was involved.

Striker nodded to Ermon at his apology and offer, but seeing the councillors begin to move away he realised he wouldn't have time to respond to Avis officially and turned his attention back to those at his table.

M
    Matrixchild

July felt like an idiot for heading into the other room but couldn't do anything about it now. He just took that slight feeling of embarrassment that he felt and pushed it down until all that was shown on his face was his normal authoritative look. He enjoyed appearing stern because it was simple and allowed him to focus more on his "people watching". He glanced around at the non-councilors milling around and headed back to the cabal-less table just in time to hear Argo address Star.

"It's good to meet you Argo, I'm July,"
    he says. Still standing he focuses on Star and says, "I'll have to see Hostel HI sometime. I wonder though, are you going to take her up on the Duel?"

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein enters from here.

Einstein storms into the room from the Recess room, fury writ large on her face. She snatches up her pointy wizard hat from where she'd left it on the table, shooting an angry look at literally everyone in the room - even those she didn't know. The hat gets plopped onto her head, which she somehow makes into an angry gesture, and her gaze finally settles on Ermac for a moment. "Congratulations Ermac, you can have my seat. For today, at least, and probably for as long as you want it."

The gaze sweeps around again, settling on Star . She doesn't say anything, but she tries to put the full amount of her anger into the momentary glare. It could have pinned a butterfly to the wall from across the room. Without another word, the (former?) Councilor stomps across the floor and exits the building.

Einstein departs the scene!

Page 9 of 15 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.