Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(0315) Kyle and Lynn

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Lynn looks... a little different than when Kyle last saw her. It takes him a moment to realize it, though. Something about her skin tone, maybe. Kyle snatches up his vest on his way away from the musical equipment and slings it over his shoulder.

"I'm kinda hittin a road-block on that. I mean... my sales are higher than ever, but I haven't put anythin out in a long time. Nothing original, anyways." He appraises her with his hands on his hips, one brow raised.

"You look different than that last time I saw you... if you don't mind me sayin so." He smiles reassuringly. "Nothing wrong with that, though."

Remembering the reason he asked her over, Kyle shakes his head a little. "But that's besides the point. Do you write your own music?" He looks at her hopefully.

Lynn Mills

Lynn grinned. Different was one way to put it. But she'd let it lie for now, no point in trying to explain everything that had happened recently. Instead she hitched absently at the strap to her fiddle case and nodded. "Yes, mostly instrumental, but I've been working on a few with lyrics. My voice has never been my strongest asset, so I don't tend to focus on it." She finished the last treat and found a spot to lay the plate down.

"But if you're looking for something collaborative," she smiled. "I'm always up for that. But if possible, I do have a group of people I'd like to work with for production. They helped me get my first CD out and I'm not quite done paying them back yet."

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

His smile widens a little at the mention of collaboration, being exactly what he was hoping for. He hadn't exactly been subtle about it, but that isn't really his style. He nods a little, pondering over the idea. "A group, huh? I mean... I'm down for whatever. I need to put somethin out there. Even if it's just a cameo."

His mind starts to wrap itself around the possibilities, but a thought pulls him out of his reverie: he hadn't invited Tessa over to join them. Crap, almost forget ferret-gal. He quickly waves her over, hoping she hadn't gotten the impression of the cold-shoulder. He hadn't really answered her question yet, anyhow.

"Yo, Tessa." he says, voice raised just a little over the crowd.

Lynn Mills

Lynn shook her head, "No, it's not a group that I'm playing with, it's a couple of people who are trying to start their own production company. They're good, they just need some people to work with and get a portfolio of work, you know?" She grinned. "They'd love to get their hands on somebody else. I'll write some stuff up, we can meet up and jam together, see if it meshes." She tucked her hands in her pockets. "You got some stuff you're really proud of, that'll give me an idea of what you're good with?"

Tuning slightly, she waited to see if Tessa would join them.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

Kyle nods in understanding. It's a big deal for him to think over. The last time he had an opportunity to sign with a producer, his life as a mundane had come to an abrupt end. Since then, he's been on his own to promote his music. An incredibly slow process when you can't afford to advertise much.

"I'd like that." he says, smiling at the prospect of gaining a 'writer'. "Well, I've got an album that's been on sale on iTunes called White Fern. It's also the label I've put on my art. Don't... know if you could call that a 'band'. I could burn that onto a disk and let them sample it. In the mean time..." he rubs at the back of his neck; nervous that he might seem too enthusiastic. Shoot, I just sang a number on 'giving in to the moment'. Can't get cold feet now.

"When do you want to meet up and, you know, 'jam'?"

Lynn Mills

Lynn grinned. "Well, since we just now talked about it, how about you give me a week or so to put something together and we'll see how it goes?" She was a bit excited at the idea and intrigued as well. She'd never tried to write someone other than herself, but she'd heard Kyle sing and thought that she could manage.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

"Alright, yeah. Just gimme a call when you've got it ready." He smiles, then extends his hand. "Look forward to seein what you've got."

Business settled, Kyle turns and heads back towards the main gathering. He'd need to find Sasha and say goodbye before he goes.

Kyle returns to the main thread.

Lynn Mills

Lynn returned Kyle's handshake with a grin and watched him wander off, wondering what she had just gotten herself into. It would certainly be interesting, one way or another.

Lynn rejoins the main thread

Closed Thread