Ended
Watch

Cabal Up! Redux

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    L
    LoneRanger

I look at the situation. After listening Miach and Themis, I see a new person entering. I watch Einstein doing her work. She takes it very seriously, as it should be.

Oh I am not a fan of finding names, for me it could be the Fateful Dead... Sutter Fated. Regarding GLO. I'd start looking in the direction provided by our most excellent doctor. Perhaps, if we could get our hands on some sample it would be a good idea. So for me is very good

A skewed Awakening? What does Miach mean with that?

A quick nod to Miach. I clear my throath.

I would not mind if a cabal get his position assigned via election, I hope you find this... Useful?

M
    Matrixchild

A skewed Awakening! July lowered his hat to try and conceal his look of disgust at the idea. Now Banishers are making more Banishers? I guess I showed up just in time. July looked up just in time to see the giant walk in and Einstein force him right back out. As the two of them spoke he turned back to the group and said, "I didn't realize something like this was going on in Sacramento. I want to get started now more than every because it sounds like this...is only the beginning. Now in terms of a name, Neogrue just sounds weird. I'd be in favor of something more like The Shattered Guardians or The Legacy Collective, just off the top of my head. And while I agree a leader should be elected Pelican, I think we need to see each other in action to best determine who should handle which cabal positions."

Miach

PRE

The rightful anger that the other mages displayed was enough to re-energize the Acanthus. Perhaps they might do something.

"As for names, I leave it to you.

And if it comes to GLO, I suggest we go to Written in Water. It's a bookstore that we used to go to, before... Enchanters, you'll have to watch events from a time I'll specify, and we'll start from there. We'd be looking for two persons..."
    What were the odds ? Slim. But with three Acanthus... perhaps...

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein follows the large foreigner out onto the porch, closing the door behind her. He certainly seemed apologetic, at least that was a start. And cultural differences were A Thing, even if she wasn't sure how truthful he was being. Was Russia really that cold? "Here, in America, it's polite to ring the doorbell and stay outside, since we have reasonable temperatures. This isn't he Siberian Tundra, or wherever you're from." Maybe? Wild guesses.

"And in my Sanctum, there are rules for people I don't recognize. If the door is closed, it's closed for a reason, and you don't open it. You don't cast magic in my Sanctum without my permission. Ever. Not even if you're having a heart attack and need to fix it."
    People don't get to fake heart attacks to get past her defenses. "That also means you don't walk in with spells up. So drop them. And, of course, we abide by Hospitality here. You don't hurt me or my guests."

E
    Enoich

A stoic tower of pinstripes and pale, Argo listened patiently to the woman explain herself, nodding in agreement at certain parts. In truth, he had to save face and ensure that he wasn't a threat unless threatened. Clearly she had been spooked and there was no point in prodding the issue further. "Born in Moskva, but plenty of relic digs in Siberia, so several sanctums sprinkled about. Thank you for asking." All the while, the Moros smiles faintly, comforted by the serenity of it all, now that a sudden ambush was past them.

"Ah, no spells. It is fine thing. Spent plenty of my life without spells, so a night would be little trouble." Letting in a deep breath, he finds the threads of his spells, swirling eddies of mana circling about his head and midsection, giving him a sight and a guard from the inimical. With the slightest exertion of will, the bonds shatter and the effects fade from him. "I notice pistol on table. Glock, fine condition. I come to think, maybe you want my blade as well? It is in shoulder strap inside suit, but miss... We are outside."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein shrugged slightly at his explanation of where he was from. She hadn't asked, but if he wanted to spill his story, why not. She raised a bit of an eyebrow at his talk of being fine without spells. What kind of a Mage would say that? Einstein couldn't make it a night without magic. She even slept with spells up. She waved a hand at him when he mentioned his weapon. "Yes, hand it over. I'll make sure it stays safe." Why did everyone apparently need a weapon, seriously?

E
    Enoich

Argo takes a look around him, at the possibilities of the outside. His time as a Mage had given him a great sense of caution about doing anything magic-related where any sleeper could see, for fate would conspire to bring Paradox. Even without magic, bringing up things like guns and knives in public was not something that reasonable people did.

Still, there didn't seem to be any sleepers waiting to spring out, so he began to undo the buttons on his jacket and slide it off to reveal a leather shoulder harness with a moderate-sized knife, resting within. Undoing the straps, the Alchemist gives a little stretch of the shoulder before handing the harness, knife and all, to Einstein. The ponderous swirl of the Matter Arcana seems to settle around the knife proper and it appears the weapon had been enhanced to have a greater cutting edge. "I will trust that you do. Now... That ugliness is beside us and I am properly disarmed. May I be invited to enter, and join this gathering?"

D
    Drakhans

The fateful dead? that was pretty rich, and quite funny. "I think fateful dead would work if we were all middle aged rockstars, but I like your sense of humor Mr. Pelican. I would suggest we need a tentative leader though, and I'd if it isn't clear I think Miach should lead for now. It sounds like he knows the Awakened community the best." Themis grinned sheepishly at the suggestion of a name, at least someone else was taking a shot at naming the tentative cabal. She remembers something in a class about naming of a group creates more investment in the group, but she wasn't the best at going to or paying attention in class. July's first suggestion rang too much of his Order, and Themis was no fan of their Cabal being puppets for the Guardians or any order.

"I like the idea of a collective Mr. July, but I'm not sure I get what Legacy means in our context. Our goals are security and investigation, true, but Guardians has a strong meaning in our community. Maybe there is something about our combined skills plus Collective or Protectorate, but I'm drawing a blank. Mr. Miach, I'm afraid I'm not that well versed in time to view backwards like that. But it sounds like we have our first lead once we have the Consilium's permission."

L
    LoneRanger

I smile with tranquility and friendliness. If being proud or happy is to be displayed somehow on the face, a quick, extremely quick, smile is displayed. So the lips moves to form a smile with a different intensity from the usual, friendly one. A very rapid ghost of a smile. Then, It turns back to the usual friendly smile.I wave the right hand and say with calm.

Thank you, Themis, but I'm afraid it is just mere luck. Anyway, If I may object, we have this small Written in Water project to start. I could be there overwatching the area while you do your... specialty magic. Do you want to discuss some detail before moving?

I consider the words, then I raise my hands at the level of the shoulders and let them drop quickly.

I'm pretty sure a good name will sprang up. We could ... brainstorm it. I reckon, with his agreement of course, Miach could be our leader. what you all say?

I turn my gaze to the others and watch the other's face. And, oh yes, I am waiting for the newcomer to present himself.

Miach

PRE

Leadership ? While it was something the doctor assumed in the Emergency Room, he wasn't so sure about a Cabal. A nameless, tentative Cabal, so far...

"Well, I'm ok with giving pointers and all, of course... but more than that... well, we'll see, ok ? Fist things first, if we want to work together, is probably to get Recognized by the Herald." he obviously wasn't too keen about that mantle thing.

"Oh, and before I forget, there's another potential lead for those of you with an ear in the force, there's been a prisoner sent to jail, I think." and he should know, but never got to follow that lead either. How much suffering could he have prevented if he had been more thorough, really...

"And what about a name like "The Shamrock" ?" he asked, a thin smile on his lips, trying to levy his mood.

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread