Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Skeleton Keys) As Above So Below

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

There is power in symbols. It would be hard for the imagination not to complete, and see the pentagram. The circle within is even more obvious.

From their pre-arranged meeting point, though, none of that is visible. Yellow street lights, halogen relics in an LED world, cast a garish golden glow over everything. Pale skin appears sallow and jaundiced, if it were exposed. From their meeting point, the well-lit compound is... intimidating. Concrete buildings, tall fences...

...and more.

Here, they walk the razor's edge of the Masquerade and Prince's Law. One misstep in this bastion of mortal authority could cost a Requiem.

To the north, the sickly sweet stench of waterlogged vegetation rolls off of the river. To the east, cars whisk by on the highway in rushes of light and sound. To the south, an industrial park, and to the east...

...Yolo Wilderness Bypass.

There is power in symbols. Here, everything begins to converge at a point that a old map delivered by a dead Kogaion through the past has led them.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Zipper teeth grind, protesting the sudden yank that draws them together. The zip hoodie seeks to ward the thin Mekhet from the cold, remnants of the Winter lingering with the budding Spring, but the Shadow has no real need of it other than habit. The garish golden glow makes the shadows cast by the sculpted ramparts on the manicured lawns, deeper and darker.

Dull-brown eyes, intense with concentration swing round towards the east. It is his imagination, but David feels as though he can still see the bright ball of light that ended the Requiem of three. Reconnaissance is done in small measures while David turns, waiting for the rest to arrive.

Patting a pocket, reassures David of the knife he carries. The same one that cut through a barrier of hastily built spikes. It'll serve again.

Taking the Chapter House's silent lesson to heart, the Shadow Dragon considers paths of entry into the local sewer system. The tube of maps are tucked beneath the Grand Wyrm's arm, breathing deeply while he considers the symbols writ into the landscape.

Blush -1V

EQ

PRE

Ironic, that they would be looking for the work of traitors amidst such a shrine to the enforcement of social order. Of course, such a shrine had likely been erected while the Tyrant Straiphen was still at the head of that social order, and so perhaps it was not ironic at all, perhaps that was exactly what made this such an ideal place for the insurgency. Either way, it did not bode well. Not for those that did not wish to truly meet the insurgents upon their occupied grounds. If such an event occurred, as it likely would, Josephine was sure that ash would come to drift in the wind. Who's ash that was, however, she could not say, and such was the doubt which plagued her mind as she pulled up next to David.

Without fanfare, she exited the car, dressed all in black, her clothes taking the form of a bridge coat over a rather severe pant suit. Black leather clad hands disappeared into the folds of her coat pockets as she came abreast of the shadow.

"Regan, I would ask two favors of you,"
    the Ventrue declared. "One, that you carry a small burden for me, concealed by the gifts of your blood. The other, that you turn your memory away from the use of my gifts of the blood. Would you consent to either of these favors?"

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde materialises from the murky night, hands thrust in her pockets and with a natural grace to her step. Tonight the Lord has defeated the urges that come with her studied poses; she appears natural for once. She has changed (yet again) since the meeting at the Chapter House. Now she wares a long, dark coat, dark shirt, jeans, boots and gloves. She has run out of berets for the moment; instead her hair is bound into a severe pony tail, coiled at the back of her head. She has even gone so far as to take the Blush.

Slightly better prepared than last time, she carries a small backpack: it held a flash light and had space enough for any oddments that they might find on this adventure. Her phone was in a pocket and a purloined knife was hidden in the folds of the coat.

"We are prepared as best we can," she intoned as she drew near. "I have contacted a... friend of the family. They may yet turn up to assist us." She added the last carefully, he dark eyes glancing about her.

-1 Vitae to activate Blush

Hildegarde does not have any Equipment specifically listed on her sheet; that said, if she is able to purloin a knife, a flash light and a backpack for the expedition, she will do so (from either her faithful Iago or the Chapter House). She certainly has the Resources. The text to Gerald is up in Communications Travisc06489
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

6. Likes Cayce, Travisc06489 liked this post

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina arrives a little late, having been working to find the exact weapon she needed in her closet. She approaches the small group, and nods at those who have already arrived. While she was usually perfectly happy to remove Kine from the world without wasting too much time thinking about it, in this case the Prince's mandate forbade it. Police officers were protected. Or, at the very least, they were protected from death.

Rina had brought her knife, stuck in her boot, but that would not be her primary weapon. Tucked into the pocket of a thick leather jacket, collapsed down to the size of a small flashlight, sat a steel baton, which in the right hands would be completely non-lethal. Rina offers the others a nod. "I have sent a call to Her Grace. She may be here." Her hood is drawn up over her face, but no effort is spent trying to make her appear human. There would most likely be better uses for her blood. Those better uses, in fact, she had already spent it on, strengthening herself and working to prevent bodily harm.

-2 Vitae, for Vigor and Resilience. Rina has brought Reinforced Clothing, a Combat Knife, and a Telescopic Baton.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

C
    Casitive

Minutes drag on and David reaches into his jacket pocket. His fingers graze the steel edge, shadows bleeding in their wake and concealing the simple kitchen knife from the mind. The knife is not for the Kine.

ToS 5 (Mods? Still 5 at a -1)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-07 18:40:59 David Regan rolls 9 to Wits + Larc + Obfuscate (ToS Knife) (10 Again) 5, 10, 4, 3, 9, 1, 10, 9, 3, 8, 2 5 successes

Josephine's arrival tickles David's ear and he turns just as she bears down upon him. The Shadow's Companion wrestles with the mind, seeing the mewling beast she carries as little more than a gnat to be squashed. The chattering Companion is silenced, letting it roil in its contempt as David speaks. “Of course,” a hand reaches out to take the burden, “to both favors.”

Hildegarde's arrival causes David's beast to sit up and take notice. Unlike the derision it carries for the weakness of Josephine's beast, it wants to test itself and yearns to establish itself as dominant above Hildegarde's/ Anger, hate, and contempt tango with one another as the doll, less of one, approaches. Steeling himself, David holds his Companion in control; a promise must be kept. The Shadow simply nods towards the Ventrue in greeting.

Finally, it is the Shadow Whip's approach who raises the heckles of a Beast controlled by the Will of Man. Familiar as she is and like-minded the control David has won continues to hold. “I'm glad you could all make it.” A look to Yui, "We'll need a way into the sewers."

A
    Angel Ducard

I drive into the meeting point in my dark sedan. The windows tinted and the headlights flick to the off position. My door opens and out I step. I am dressed utilitarian this evening, dark, tight, denim pants. A gray sweatshirt. I walk around the back of the car and pop the trunk. Out comes a OD Green jacket, which I slide into as if it is an old friend that hasn't hugged me in a long time. A maglight flashlight comes out as well and I close the trunk.

"Come on boys." I say as I walk toward the other members of our party this evening. "Good evening all." My voice carries no disappointment at Julian not being with us. He wanted to begin pursuing the lead of the homeless family, much to my chagrin, but not much can be done. I do trust his judgement.

PRE

"Grace is for God. The fact that the term has been so appropriated is beyond ironic," Josephine scoffed at Rina's declaration. A brief scowl alighted upon her features, but then was smoothed away as she turned to face the Shadow Priscus.

"And never mind my requests. It seems that they have been stymied, though I do thank you for your offer of aid. Perhaps, once Brady and her lot have all been dealt with, I might instead barter for that particular talent," she proposed to David, curious as to his reaction to the idea. Certainly, none of her clan were allowed to teach the gifts of their Blood, by her decree. Perhaps the Mekhet had something similar in place.

"And good evening, Ducard," Josephine added as the next member of their party appeared.

B
    BDeHaven

Following Angel's lead and getting out of the car and buttoning my suit jacket. I trail behind her a few feet off to the left. The smell of rotting flesh flowing before me heralding my arrival to the small group gathered here. I wrestle fiercely with the beast as it's torn between wanting to fight and wanting to flee it soon slides back into submission. Looking around I recognize faces but haven't got names to match them too. Glancing past them I see several formidable structures surrounded by tall fences. Well this will likely get unpleasant, shame your not more prepared.

Speaking in a low voice "What is this place? and what is the objective?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

At this point it wasn't difficult to find the group, one simply needed to listen to her Beast to determine which direction most aggrivated her and then proceed that way. Of course... Twist did have enough common sense to pause once the group was close and resume control over her before fully joining.

Dressed simply in black leggings that seemed thicker than normal, a black tank top hidden by what looked to be a well crafted dark jacket and sturdy boots, she approached. Her dark hair had been securely fastened back off her face and out of the way and black gloves covered her hands.

Though she was assuredly carrying weapons, they had already been sheathed in their respective places, out of sight but not mind.

Taking note of who was there, mostly to see the faces she recognized she spotted Rina and it was to her that she angled her approach. Stopping there and turning she nodded in greeting to the group, something telling her it wasn't the time for individual hellos, simply murmuring a "Good evening," to everyone instead and then waiting. She had been asked to come, and so she did. Past that she was in the dark.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread