Ended
Watch
21 - 27
DISPLAYED
(0315 CoD) L'aire and Finn

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    S
    Sasha

L’aire had seen a lot of sorrow in her life, particularly more so after she was free from Arcadia. Sorrow wasn’t just caused by death or tragedy, but getting treated like your less than your worth was the cause of a lot of sorrow that escalated into the aforementioned.

She blinked several times when he called himself an asshole, the sap smell permeating in the space between them. L’aire remembered, that whole night. The impressions she got from the Hunterheart nearly dissuade her from wanting to be around Kyle. She wondered if the Minstrel put him up to this since they were all talking earlier. For now, she’d have to accept that he didn’t. Even as Kyle walked up to the conversation, L’aire wasn’t about to stop what she was saying.

“Um, can I’m not sure if there’s a way to make it up to me, uh personally, yet.” L’aire winced, it wasn’t how she intended. “Uh, let me rephrase. Maybe there is someone in the Freehold that needs to know their worth in some way.” The Dancer didn’t have anyone in mind particularly, but, considering they were all ‘Lost’ in some where, there was bound to be many that weren’t about to come right how and say it.

“I forgive you, Nathan. Although forgetting may be difficult.” It was how things worked, and she couldn’t help it. L’aire’s hand stroked her opposite arm, both still behind her back. She was still a little uncomfortable, but not as guarded as she was previously. Considering he’d flat out told her he was using her. She really hoped it wasn’t an act. Hopefully his appearance wasn’t deceiving, considering he looked like he was confessing to something far graver than words on the ‘playground’.

Fully aware that Kyle was there to witness what just happened, maybe the Minstrel would help keep him on track. She didn’t intend it when she spoke, but her voice wavered slightly nervous and took a few steps toward him. “Hello, Kyle. I really liked your song.” Her violet’s looking at his bare chest, it was far more interesting up close. There was more she wanted to say, but considering how talking tonight was becoming a problem, L'aire refrained.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He wasn't sure he felt better, but it was more than he had expected. A little voice in the back of his head reminded him this wasn't about him feeling better, and that thinking otherwise was oh so very like him.

"I... Thank you. I understand. Words, actions, and all that. I'll try my best."

He was sincere, but he somehow doubted he could pull it off. Who in this Freehold gives a rat's ass about my opinion? But if that's what it took...

"Hey, Kyle," he greeted the Minstrel when he came by. He was still getting used to the name. "Yeah, nice to hear you sing again. You've got talent," he blinks at his question. "It's... okay. I was about to leave anyway. You two have fun," he turned back to Sasha. "Thanks again."

Nathan leaves the thread.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

The Minstrel smiles in appreciation for their compliments, his face momentarily bereft of the minor concern it had been showing. Nathan doesn't seem to have anything more to say, though. Kyle almost feels like he had interrupted something.

"Alright, man. See ya." His attention turns to Sasha again once the Hunterheart departs. "Been a heck of an event, musical performances aside." He winks playfully. "The Queen talked to me earlier... said she was givin me some 'increased responsibility'. It's pretty exciting." Evidence of that much is clear on his face.

"You've been enjoyin yourself, right? I think I'm ready to head out soon." Kyle hadn't spent much of his time during the Coronation around L'aire; he isn't sure how to feel about thay. Might be a good thing though. Don't want to smother her. Coming across too heavy too soon is a good way to push someone away.

S
    Sasha

The Onyx nodded to Nathan before he departed. She didn’t really know what else to say, but the Fairest hoped he took him seriously. From her own observation, there were plenty in the Freehold that needed what he would hopefully do. With that too, she hoped he was sincere.

Stepping to the Verdant ivy bare chest before her, if her mood would have been different, she may have touched him. Instead, she only moved slightly closer. “Yes, it really has been lively and wonderful.” L’aire smiled brightly, but just for Kyle. He seemed like he deserved to be recognized in some fashion, and it would only get better for him. “That’s really good news, Kyle. I’m really happy for you.” Stepping forward, she hugged him close, it lingered more than usual.

When she released him, the Dancer’s hand slipped into his. “Uhm, I’m ready to go soon as well.” Avoiding his question of enjoyment. For her bright smile, and happy attitude were entirely different from the way she squeezed the other Fairest’s hand. The type that needed reassurance, needful and sympathetic. But she was aware Kyle didn’t need it, she did.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

With L'aire standing so close to him, Kyle feels a little rush of excitement. He still isn't sure what she and Nathan had been talking about, or if something had happened. Her smile, at least, tells him everything is OK. And the hug? Seals the deal.

"Thanks. I'm glad you care." he says softly amid their embrace.

"Alright, we'll go." he says, empathy coloring his tone. Maybe she just wants a change of scenery. Or maybe there's people she no longer wants to be around. "Want to say goodbye to anyone or...?" he asks, tentatively. "If not, I can walk with you to your truck."

Kyle will exit the scene when L'aire does.

S
    Sasha

L’aire looked to Rick Pereg and Terri Nutkins . They were all smiles and clearly enjoying themselves. “No, I’ll see them later, I’m sure.” Her eyes averted quickly away, not wanting to attract any further attention to herself tonight. She’d kept to the wall and wished she could have disappeared within it’s foliage all night.

“Yes please.” The Fairest said quicker than she expected, hugging Kyle again. This time, it was wary and deflated. It wasn’t the worst night of her life, but she was probably beating herself up more than needed.

“Can I… um.” The Dancer pulled back, shaking her head. Clearly wanting to ask something, but not certain of the impression it would give. But seconds after those thoughts surfaced, others came into mind. L’aire would need to deal on her own. Relying on anyone was difficult, to say the least.

ooc

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Mien

Mien

PRE

He isn't sure of what to make of her request. Not finishing her sentences is something she seems to do more often than not. Probably thanks to that monster she told me about. The one keepin her addled with his 'special drink'. Then again, maybe it is just uncertainty. He wrestles with the thought of asking what it is about, but finally decides it can wait. If she doesn't even want to stay to say goodbye to her friends it must really be time to go. He gestures towards the door and gives her hand a reassuring squeeze.

Kyle and Sasha return to the main thread.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.