Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Already quite some time ago Chris made a promise to Angel Ducard to have a conversation about the history of Clan Nosferatu in Sacramento. Chris, who has been a resident here for quite some time, feels like he should be able to give some insight on the subject. Even as a Shadow.

From his office, he made a call earlier this evening. It seems like no one needs his attention right now, and other matters have been taken care of. Or, they are at a point where they won't immediately escalate in a disaster.

Good enough, for as far as mummies go.

Wearing his casual black suit, he waits for the Priscus of Haunts to arrive.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

A
    Angel Ducard

I arrive at the Elysia at the appointed time dressed appropriately in a tailored black pantsuit, my hair properly quaffed and my skin blushed. I add the correct amount of makeup to bring me to life.

I am indeed overdressed for The Nox, but properly dressed for the business coming below. Kenneth Gilroy was texted as I left my haven to make my way over. It is my hope that he is paying attention to his phone. Time with the second most powerful man in the domain is not to be squandered. As I walk toward the door of the club, hearing the thudding of the music and seeing the press of the bodies. I take one last drag off my cigarette before tossing it into the gutter.

Past the line of people and into the club I make my way through the mass of humanity, wondering how many will end up next to my cigarette by the end of the night.

Directly through to the VIP area, and down the steps I go. I don't waste time. To the Reeve's office I go and knock on the door. Kenneth knows where the office is and knows to meet us there.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth arrived shortly after receiving Angel's text. He was smart enough to know it wasn't a request and it wasn't for drinks at a club. He'd had to make a quick change from his work clothes, which amounted to little more than taking off a lab coat and putting on different shoes. He had on a button up shirt and tan slacks. Black tended to be a bad color to wear when you worked around chemicals. Before getting out of the car he quickly tied a tie that happened to be in the front seat. There were advantages to living out of your car. Having all your possessions on hand was one.

He made his way into the club. A couple of disbelieving and disgusted sighs reached his ears as he entered the VIP area and made his way down stairs. Kenneth did his best to ignore them. Whether they knew it or not the Kine were less than him. It was the one consolation Tabitha had allowed him. While her constant disapproval placed him below any other Kindred, he was still a predator of mortals.

Not seeing either Mrs. Ducard or the Reeve in the common area, Gilroy headed to the offical's office and sees his Priscus.

"Good evening ma'am," he says upon approach. His head bobs awkwardly in a respectful nod.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Merely two seconds after Angel knocked on the door, Chris opens it. Apparently, the Shadow had been waiting.

'Ah Priscus Ducard, good to see you.' Her strange curse always distracts him a bit. But quickly he steps aside to let her in. That is when he sees a man behind her. Her ghoul? Or did she invite someone else?

'Hello, sir.' Or, what is he? Some kind of disgusting fellow, creeping behind Angel. For a moment, Chris hesitates. He feels no Beast, should he even let this man inside? He is pale however. So the Reeve forces himself to smile, 'Please, come inside.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

A
    Angel Ducard

I resist the squirming that comes from the approaching Kenneth Gilroy. "Good evening Kenneth." As the debonair Reeve answers the door I give him a nod of my head. "Good Evening to you as well Reeve Wooding. Thank you for seeing us." He so politely invites us into the office rather then skewering Kenneth on a spit, what a polite man. "Come Kenneth." I say as if he were a loyal servant... or a pet.

"Reeve Chris Wooding, may I introduce my clan-mate Kenneth Gilroy of the Lancea Sanctum. Kenneth is a well educated man and I have tasked him with the chronicling of the History of Clan Nosferatu. He will of course be certain to protect the masquerade first and foremost in this task," I give a knowing look to one Mr. Gilroy, my look tells him that the fact of the Masquerade is not to be trifled with, "but I feel it is still a prudent task. After all, Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Don't you agree?" I smile a polite and respectful smile as I stand, awaiting permission to sit.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth’s first thought when the Reeve opened the door to his office was that the man didn’t look like the Reeve. Beside the lack of reaction from the lower mind, the man had a relaxed boy next door manner. Angel confirmed it with her reply though. This was the head of the Circle and the Reeve. Which meant he was dangerous.

“An honor to meet you Reeve Wooding,” Gilroy says, while following Ducard’s command almost the second it is given. Kenneth cursed himself a little. He was still too used to acting the Childe and being on Tabitha’s heel. At least Angel used his first name.

He let her speak and his head bobbed in agreement about maintaining the Masquerade. He didn’t chime in just yet but waited for an opportunity to bring up the underground as he had been instructed earlier. He would wait for now and hope to be addressed more directly. Speaking out of turn or (God forbid) interrupting might get him killed.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    Angel Ducard

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Damnit this scene keeps slipping my mind, sorry guys. I'll give it a special tab

Following Angel's introduction, Chris greets the newly arrived Haunt with a nod. 'A pleasure, Mr Gilroy.'

'Oh I trust that such documents would not be widely spread. And I certainly agree, we are to learn from the past. It is a wonderful mission that you're on, if I may call it that. I will do my best to help.' He can provide quite some information, but he has been gone for a little while.

'Why don't we sit at the couch?' Against one wall stands a classic leather couch, where they could easily sit on. For himself, Chris turns one of the chairs away from his desk to make a more informal corner to chat in.

Once they all sit, the Reeve turns to Kenneth with a polite smile. 'Do you have experience in any kind of chronicling?' It doesn't sound like a necessity, he is simply curious. 'Or perhaps a preferred way of working? Otherwise, fire away.' The last comment is also for Angel. They can ask any question now.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

The informality... grated on Gilroy a little. Part of it was he was still used to the rigid order imposed by his Sire. Part of it was it was harder to hide his curse without formal servility to fall behind. He smiled anyway. It was like a worm baring teeth.

"Thank you, Reeve Wooding" he said taking a seat, while still trying to maintain some of the social rules that helped him navigate situation like this. His knees were high and his arms hung limply at his sides.

"My background is in the sciences," he explained "but the research and investigative methods I've learned can be more broadly applied than just experiments. Though I do tend more toward library research than interviews," he said with a partial semi-joking smile. It didn't come off particularly funny.

Social interact was not his strong point. Give him data and a research paper and he could pick it apart but talking was not his cup of tea. The worst part was it couldn't be discounted in a situation like this. He knew how much the Kindred disliked any sort of detailed records. The Masquerade had to be upheld after all. And as much as anecdotes and the fog of eternity made even primary sources unreliable, they were what was most likely to be available. However, before he made too big a fool of himself with annoying questions and simple exposure to his presence, he could use this to ask what he needed. He quickly organized his points of argument.

"Which I suppose leads to my first question. More of a request, truth be told," he paused and cracked one of his knuckles "I would like to search the Necropolis. I have read the postings telling of the loss of Arnold Culler and subsequent warnings to stay away from the underground. However, if any records about the Nosferatu Clan were kept before hand, I feel that is where they would be found. A groundwork of knowledge would help immensely in any further research. In addition, in the interest of maintaining the Traditions, it would be one of the better places to store any further records I would keep away from the eyes of the Kine. Furthermore, if the Necropolis could be recovered in some small way, it could also act as a staging ground or stronghold against whatever threats might exist under Sacramento."

He added the last point on a whim. He knew he couldn't count of Angel's support here. He had taken what she said as meaning she wouldn't say searching the sewers was a bad idea and she wouldn't send other Clan members to assist he if did go down there. It was assumed she didn't take the adversarial role too seriously. As Priscus, she could say the Necropolis wouldn't be open to outsiders even if it was found. That would negate the one point that actually gave Wooding a personal advantage. Hopefully she would simply call the thought foolish and leave it at that. The Reeve would be left to judge for himself whether the possibility was tempting.
    Mask of Tranquility

A
    Angel Ducard

"Thank you Reeve Wooding." As I take the offered spot on the couch and smooth my skirt. "Rest assured, Clan Nosferatu will be absolutely careful with anything related to written documentation. I have hope to move to a oral history, but we have to start somewhere."

I listen to Kenneth as he explains his education and his resume. I do my best to not roll my eyes as he vomits words... No, no he is providing valuable information to the Reeve. He is not a useless worm. He has a talent and will be utilized.

Then he brings up the Necropolis, a bit quick on the draw. "Mr. Gilroy, the Necropolis is a dead issue. I have no interest in pushing our clan to the underground to hide away in the darkness. So do not waste too much time on this necropolis."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread