Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Skeleton Keys) Cutting Gordian Knots

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    C
    Casitive

A Shadow darkens the doorstep of the Dragon's Chapter House, waiting for fellow Prisci and others. Alone with his thoughts, David meanders his memories in a ritual of self-castigation; remembering a smile he'll never see again with his own eyes. Light blazes in the house, back-lighting the Grand Wyrm and making him appear more like a Phantom than a man.

The Shadow's beast is hidden, more in cruel mockery of the man, himself; the Companion's true nemesis.

In his arm is a cardboard cylinder, rescued from a sarcophagus dedicated to the memory of children.

One of the people he waits for is Hildegarde , hopefully laden with current maps of the Sacramento's sewer system on trace-paper. Another is the monochrome Haunt. Glancing at his phone, David confirms – for his own benefit, again – she'll be coming. It also checks to see for any responses from the Priscus of Lords.

David extinguishes the screen and slides the phone into his pocket and returns to his solitary watch.

PRE

Ironically, the last to respond was the first to arrive.

"Good evening, Priscus Regan," she said simply as she walked up the drive to the House of Dragons, her black eyes boring into the silhouette of the Shadow, eyes which saw with unholy keenness.

2 successes to clash of wills
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-26 01:19:20 Jojo rolls 8 to clash of wills! (wits3+invest3+aus2) (10 Again) 8, 7, 3, 10, 6, 1, 1, 7, 7 2 successes

A
    Angel Ducard

Through the night I approach, parked two blocks down down from the chapter house of the Ordo Dracul. I feel the incoming static as I do. The vengeful noise that comes from the Priscus of Ventrue is an annoyance that I do not allow to be anymore then an annoyance. Similar to the woman who spawned it. Flicking my cigarette into the street I say, "You called..." my words are silk and smoke. My frustration remains unrelieved as I wait to be acknowledged.

C
    Casitive

Blood rumbles and the Mr. Hyde within the Scholar lurches. The Dance of Death and Dominance tangos with white-knuckles hate and annoyance. It would be so easy, to swat the haughty Sanctified Ventrue down like a fly. The Companion desires nothing more than to hear bone crunch and watch the light fade from the weaker woman's shining black eyes.

Defiance as the Man's thoughts cut through black-desires. Control. So valued among the dead. Perhaps, because that control was wrest from them at the moment of their deaths. Control upon themselves, because without it, who are they? David intercedes and locks the Shrike back behind the door in his mind.

Priscus Sterling,” David nods to the Ventrue and the same is offered to the approaching Haunt, “Priscus Ducard.” Adjusting how he holds the cylinder he reaches behind himself and opens the door. “Please come in, I have something that might be of interest to you both; you had something of interest for me, Priscus Ducard?

2 Successes for CoW
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-26 11:17:47 David Regan rolls 8 to Clash (Res + Stealth + Ob) (10 Again) 5, 5, 5, 9, 2, 9, 1, 6 2 successes

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde makes her appearance, drifting slowly down from the upper storey of the Chapter House. She carries with her a simple black briefcase in which lie the materials she has been able to prepare so far* Her approach is slow and measured: behind the pale mask of her face, her Beast contorts and writhes - sensing nothing from Angel Ducard or the Grand Wyrm, it seems to expand and throttle and squeeze to pulp the Priscus of Lords. Hildegarde theorises it must be a territorial thing and steels her mind to rein in her Beast.

The thrill of the battle culminates in the smile she graces upon Josephine and the others.

"Greetings and welcome to the Chapter House of this our Order," she intones perhaps more formally than she intended. Standing shoulder to shoulder with the Grand Wyrm, she waited upon the others.

*Not sure if Hilde has had much chance to prepare (or make) anything. At least she can gather up what information they do have and add to it from the Chapter Houses own sources - ley line maps and such? Is this possible West ?
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

PRE

Ah, there it was. The aspect of the demon written across Regan's features, one which she had not been expecting to find. The surprise startled her, halted her steps and her speech, something further exacerbated by the arrival of the strong demon serving as her Clan's Whip and the hellish challenger wearing faded, cursed flesh. Nevertheless, hatred was something that Josephine had long since learned to curb, an exercise repeated hundreds, nay, thousands of times over the course of her damnation, and though that never made it a trivial trial, it did make it a familiar one, and therein lay the key to victory. So, marshaling herself again, Josephine closed the final bit of distance to the Chapter House, waiting for Regan to lead them inside.

According to the wiki, the Obfuscate-r is the attacker in CoW, so Jojo would win if Occultation isn't bonus dice. Feel free to strike through if this is incorrect.

A
    Angel Ducard

"Evening Whip Bingen." I shift my gaze over to one Priscus Sterling. "How does the evening find you Priscus Sterling?" I am not sure that I actually care but manners are manners.

I give her a nod of my head before turning to David. "I do indeed Priscus Regan. Not much, but I have a lead on the family that was linked to our query. They were last seen outside of South Sacramento. They have relocated to the barrens. I have my clan investigating. As I said, it isn't much, but something is better then nothing."

C
    Casitive

Whip,” David greets without glancing her way, half swaddled in shadow. Turning Hildegarde's way, his eyes stare at the Ventrue Whip. His Companion harangues him, urges him to reach across and rend the woman who dares to fall next to him, limb from well-posed limb. Wills fight, wills dictate and one emerges as stronger; the Man smashing the thought at the bottom of the proverbial well.

It is always the quiet ones. The ones never suspected of having the strength of will. The ones who are never suspected of harboring companions as strong as the one David holds.

Priscii,” David offers and guides them into the House, well-appointed and dressed, and back into the formal dining room. The expansive table confronts the small group and the glittering chandelier above sparkles and reflects tiny bits of light; drawing the eye towards hand-painted peacocks and demure flowers, touched with gold and silver leaf.

As David bends an attentive ear towards Angel, a low pop sounds as he opens the cylinder. “Did they happen to tell you a time-period?” David asks as he removes three distinct blueprints while reaching for a couple of make-shift paper weights. “It's encouraging to narrow down where they might be. I suspect Rhayna to prefer fighting with a sword but I wouldn't put it past her to use a short-shotgun. Hopefully they will take care.

Finished, David directs attention towards the three blueprints, “Following a lead, I found these left by Muir, blueprints to the city's sewer system. I theorize that this is our greatest lead towards finding Straiphen and preventing a violent takeover of the Domain. One depicts where we are standing,” a small tap of a finger on one. “The other two are centered around specific locations – both with their own obstacles. This one, is centered on the California Highway Patrol building,” a tap to another, “and this one, is currently a skate park and bowling alley situated in Citrus Heights itself.

Pausing, David's eyes bounce from Josephine to Angel, then finally looks to Hildegarde to take over with what she has learned.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I was able to organise a viewing of the current plans of the city's sewer network. Unfortunately my grasp is only so strong." Disappointment sounded in Hildegarde's voice, if not in her demeanour. She continued: "I have also dug up some work the Order did earlier on the local ley lines. They may have a degree of use in this situation."

DR hates
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-28 18:29:41 Hildegarde to recall pertinent information rolls 10 to Intelligence + Composure (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 7, 5, 5, 2, 7, 2, 4, 9, 1 1 success
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

PRE

"Is it possible that the network Straiphen built is not found in the architecture within the city, but rather the architecture beneath the city?" Josephine queried, eyes fixed upon the map placed before them. "I would think such a project far too difficult to achieve, but perhaps my perspective is foolish. One who lives as long as we do, and who can command others as the Ventrue do, would be able to mold the very shape of a city as it was planned and built, assuming they did not face resistance from others of their like. Hmm. Allow me a moment to examine these."

Can Jojo roll investigation or occult to try to determine any geomantic patterns found in the blueprints?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.