Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Skeleton Keys) Hell Drivers

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Angel Ducard

It is a cold night tonight in the City of Kings as the I drive down the street. My cellphone sits nicely in the center console with Ella Fitzgerald playing softly through the stereo speakers via bluetooth. A flash of light and a cigarette burns. That signal within me wakes up for just a moment and I quickly turn the volume back down, metaphysically speaking. An inhale now followed by an exhale, smoke flows out of my mouth and is quickly captured by the breeze and goes out the crack that I have open on the window. I don't often smoke in my car, but the evening itself seems to warrant it. It is not nerves, I tell myself that anyway. The Master would be proud of me though, getting out and getting my hands dirty.

"Little Girl should not be afraid to play in dirt, Little птица." I never understood his pet name for me. Little Bird, or ptichka as it were. I think it was how I ate when I actually ate. Picking at my food, looking at him after each bite waiting for him to take it away. He never did.

I pull up to the intersection that is the agreed upon meeting point and wait for my boys. My sedan is black with gray cloth interior, matches the driver I guess. The Master called it nondescript. Personally I think it is a bit of a joke on his part. Very dry sense of humor. More accurately, very Russian.

I wait now, watching out the window for their arrival.

Julian approached the sedan slowly, a friendly smile on his lips. He'd been out hunting this evening, with little luck thus far. A leather jacket with an old pair of jeans, his Bowie knife sheathed on the small of his back. Not that he was expecting to just stumble into the Necropolis, but he didn't really want to have to go home and get changed if he somehow found it. "Good evening Angel" he stated cheerfully, dull green eyes very decidedly not looking at the cigarette "So, whats the plan?"

A
    Angel Ducard

The door unlocks with an audible click. "Get in." I say and toss my cigarette out the window. As Julian slides into the car I turn to look at him. "Did you call Kenneth and Sergie?" I ask looking around for a moment wondering if they are within eye sight.

"Ahh, no. I figured you'd already contacted them" he replied, getting in the passengers seat. Pulling out his phone, he shot the two of them a text.

Texts to Sergei and Kenneth

B
    BDeHaven

Looking at the received text message I realize I've caught a break I'm actually not to far from their location. Sending a reply to Julian's text.

I flag down a cab and in a short while I'm having the driver drop me off at a street over from their location. Figuring I should play it safe since I'm not sure exactly what the situation is, I pay the driver and set off down an alley that will lead me over to the next street. When I get to the end of the trash filled alley I spot a car just down the block and I recognize the two people sitting inside. I casually stroll on over to the car slowing down to give them a time to recognize me before I open a rear door and git in.

"Добрый Вечер, Comrades." Fiddling with my cane as the sickening sweet smell of putrescent flesh fills the interior.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

text

Gilroy drove up in his car to the intersection. It only took him about 15 mintues but parking was a pain even this late at night. Good parking at least where he could be sure his vehicle wouldn't be stolen. It cost him a meter but the nightly rate wasn't bad. He was a little confused when he reached the crossroads for the second time and didn't see any figures standing around. It took only a second, however, before he spotted the three clan mates in Angel's car. He knocked gently on the back window before shimmying himself and looking around curiously.

"Greeting Ms. Ducard; Mr. Durand; Mr. Lukyanenko," he said politely. He settled himself into the back seat, all elbows and knees, and waited to hear what this 'job' was.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    Angel Ducard

I waited for both of our clan mates to arrive, I am not much for repeating myself. "Good evening to you both." I say now that the servant and the stoic Russian have arrived. I control my need to roll down the window for fresh air.

"So, we are looking for a homeless family. There is a woman, a father and a son. In addition to this there is two men, who are more then likely muscle. Evidence would say that this family is in league with Jacqui Cotouri and Rahyna, two kindred that have been working to bring about the downfall of the domain and restore a tyrant, Tobias Straphen to the throne of the domain. My sources were able to point me in the direction of the barrens, which means we some searching to do." There, data dump has been had. "I want us to work together to find this family, they are threats to the domain."

"Martha mentioned this Rahyna - she thought she might have been tied to the silence over the Necropolis" the Haunt paused for a moment, raking a hand through his hair "I know a few names among the less fortunate in Sacramento - no promises, but one of them might be able to help us track down this family." Families tended to be uncommon on the streets, somebody somewhere would have noticed their movements. Not that that guaranteed his friends would know anything more, or be willing to share it in any case.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

The data provided was at once a lot and not that much. He would have preferred a more detailed description of appearance and capabilities of all parties. This was the first time he’d heard of Jacqui, Rahyna, Tobias, Martha, or this family. However, he didn’t ask for further explanation right away. He’d rather not reveal such a large amount of ignorance and preferred to hope further details would be forth coming. One of Julian’s comments did ring a bell though. After reviewing the posted domain laws, Kenneth had read a note from the Reeve’s office in Elysium. It had basically recommended against going underground alone because the Master of the Necropolis was missing. Was this somehow related?

“Is it possible the family is in the Necropolis?” Kenneth didn’t know the layout of the local necropolis or how far it extended around the city. If it did run under the Barrens then that was a significant avenue to explore.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

A
    Angel Ducard

"I am not asking for promises Julian, to call the lead thin is an understatement, but it is what it is. And I appreciate any help you can provide me." I add the compliment at the end to smooth over any offense he may have taken, after all the way he keeps looking at me makes me feel like I am in the principle's office.

His voice... it is so... I take a unnecessary breath before turning back to Kenneth, "Anything is possible, but What i need you to do is find the necropolis. I have a meeting coming up with the Reeve. You will come with me, and express interest in the Necropolis and finding it. The Reeve knows that I have no personal intersting, therefor I will not endorse you in this. But it is your charge to locate this place of our people. Use that big brain of yours." A compliment, emphasized in my words. I look to @Sergie wondering if he has anything to add.

"Questions?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.