DISPLAYED
(Reliquary) Case Reopened?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Barrens. By day, this part of the city with its neglected industrial lots was quiet and unassuming. By night it was positively like a cemetery, frequented only by the vagrant or the delinquent. Apart from spot security patrols and the random police cruiser making an exploratory pass, the area was left to negligently crumble in peace. The lights, broken by Fionn and his associates, were still broken; now only a lone light held back the darkness.

The warehouse remains as it was left; sealed from the outside world. A good thing as putrefaction has taken a toll on the bodies. The dust washed floor has become even more troublesome - critters have found their way in to worry at the corpses. Candles have burned down to lumpen crusts of dead wax.

Baroque darkness reigns.

Chris Wooding Dark Passenger Fionn McAlister Soderbok

2. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    S
    Soderbok

When the car arrived Fionn was ready for it.
    Casually dressed in a big puffy dark blue jacket, a dark grey tracksuit and black trainers.
    He looked like a casually dressed young man either going to or returning from the gym or a friendly game after work.

Fionn loaded 2 big shopping bags filled with cleaning supplies into the trunk
    Keeping a 3 feet long object wrapped in paper with him in the car.
    Fionn remembered exactly where the warehouse was and was able to give almost turn by turn directions to the place.

It took far less time to drive there then it did to walk it.
    Fionn stared at that battered building and wondered what they would find there.

"I'm not sure if you're armed but I am"

Fionn patted his jacket, glad he wore a shoulder harness and brought his stun guns.

"I brought a gift and a quick briefing before we check out the inside."

Fionn handed over the strange object and respectfully lowered his head.

The wrapped bundle

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

So, we're already on our way? You're talking to me? I wasn't sure haha
    As soon as we arrive on location: Activate enhanced senses

After changing into better 'work' clothes, Chris left with his car to find Fionn as soon as possible. He was quite curious, and the whole thing sounded pretty serious.

So yes, of course he's armed. 'Always, Mr McAlister.' Armed with hidden weapons. Armed with the powers of his mind. Armed with the gifts of his Goddess. Choose your pick.

He carefully accepts the wrapped 'gift'. For a moment he was all kinds of paranoid. He's alone here in the Barrens, and who knows what this package holds. But without going all-out on Auspex, he simply looks inside the bundle.

'Thank you?' He says, a bit confused. 'Does it have any special meaning? Or is it an antique thing?'

Then he quickly inspects their surroundings. Better be aware of everything.

'So why am I here, what's the situation?'

Obfuscate
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-01 18:41:00 Chris rolls 5 to Touch of Shadow katana (-2 for size) (10 Again) 1, 2, 9, 8, 5 2 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

S
    Soderbok

Fionn saw that he'd surprised the Reeve with the gift, and also possibly risked causing offence too.
    Here he was in an enclosed space with a man he was more then little star struck by.
    The old Fionn would have gabbled like a fool, this time he was going to be a professional.
    Fionn fought down his excitement and the urge to ask for an autograph and spoke.

"It's a traditional Irish weapon, commonly used by peasants in ancient times. You can use it to move branches in a tree, pull livestock from a ditch or break a mans arm if he tries to hurt you. It's a traditional gift to a Reeve as a sign of one's willingness to help in the defence of the city.
    I brought it with me because it has a secondary use in modern times, moving things without drawing attention to yourself.
    Push open a door with it and if you're seen, it won't arouse much interest as it's simply a walking stick."

His voice was calm, clear and professional. He wasn't fawning over the Reeve, he was explaining the purpose of the gift.

Fionn had been preparing what he was going to say about why they were there and he sorted his thoughts in a nice little line before speaking.

"The short version of why we're here is as follows. I found 2 bodies in this warehouse, they'd been badly beaten, there were some strange occult symbols under their feet, a smoky fire with incense on it and a photograph. I took lots of notes and photographs, which I will show you should you want the more detailed briefing and asked Priscus Regan to analyse them.

In his words:

"We are dealing with Kindred. Kindred with a flair for the dramatic and a propensity to challenge the First Tradition. The occult trappings are wrong, 'Hollywood,' and set up for the Kindred's amusement; set-dressing to play with their food."

Fionn tried to copy the speaking pattern of his Priscus, speaking the words with the same cadence and rhythm. He wasn't trying to do an impression of the man, rather the way someone places emphasis or pronounces a word can be very important to an experienced investigator.

In his own voice he continued.

"If I understand the Priscus properly this scene may not by itself be terribly important, but an indicator that there are people out there behaving like this. If they keep on like this, it's going to end up on your desk to sort out. I thought it better to risk looking like a fool then not report something in.

Two dead bodies isn't enough to go calling a Reeve directly. Two dead bodies that have been bled near dry with strange symbols drawn in the victims blood on the other hand gets me thinking I should report it in and await further instructions.
    For all I know when we go in there, we might have some company making a repeat performance.

This is your patch, so I follow your lead. How do you want to handle this?
    "

Fionn unzipped a side pocket in his jacket and drew out a pair of cheap pleather gloves and a torch.
    He pulled on the gloves, flexing his fingers to make sure they could still move precisely.
    He patted the jacket on his left hand side next to his armpit and looked at the Reeve.

If the Reeve wanted him visibly armed, he'd draw before they went in, if not he'd leave it concealed.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

When Fionn explains the purpose of his gift, Chris listens attentively. Apparently this means a lot to the man, so the Reeve can only be sincerely thankful. Even while he's not sure whether he will ever use the weapon or not, it's the symbolic value that counts.

'How thoughtful of you. I appreciate it, Mr McAlister.' However, for now he puts it behind him on the passenger seats. 'I'll have to get used to handling it another time.'

There are more important things to do at this moment.

'Did you stumble upon these bodies alone? You did right by informing me. Let's go and take a look.' He steps out of the car, curious now. Especially about the occult symbols, they could tell a lot.

'Let's see if the scene is still as you left it. Then you can tell me what you notes you made last time. What I want to do now is see if I can find any traces of the Kindred that left the bodies here.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

7. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    S
    Soderbok

Fionn nods as the Reeve puts the gift safely in the car, appreciating the response he recieved in return.

"I found them along with 2 others AJ and Nolan, though I think the lure of the open road has enticed them to leave the city. As for notes, I have detailed sketches of the scene, photographs and the physical evidence. I only have my notebook with me, the rest I can bring to your office for you to study at your leisure. "

Fionn nods in agreement that they should look inside and see what evidence they can find.

He turns towards the warehouse, holding the torch in his left hand and walks toward the doorway.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'I see.' Nolan? He can't have been here for long. And AJ... he was a nomad already. Chris never even got to know his real name. Too bad.

Yet, he now smiles. Fionn prepared well for this. Maybe the man not so weird as he first appeared to be.

Chris locks the car behind him and starts walking towards the warehouse. 'Lead the way.'

So what do we hear / find inside? How big is the building actually?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The warehouse remains as it was left; sealed from the outside world. A good thing as putrefaction has taken a toll on the bodies. The dust washed floor has become even more troublesome.

Apart from that, the scene remains as it was left. One body hangs limply from chains; the star and circle diagram on the floor beneath it has become a large stain. The other is on the floor and lays within its own circle; this body has been more severely worried and many little paw prints show up in the dust. Candles have burned down to lumpen crusts of dead wax. The crates remain exactly as they were left.

11. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    S
    Soderbok

Fionn points out the metal chain fence that rings the building.

"Behind the fence is a double loading bay door. I think they brought things through there. There's a padlocked gate in the fence. It looks tough but from the other side it's barely wrapped around anything."

Fionn moves round and points to the side door.

"That door was ajar when we got here."

On entering the warehouse Fionn continues.

"The body on the wall was in some kind of harness..AJ called it a witches cradle..Means nothing to me.. The body on the floor and the hanging body had symbols around them. A family friend tells me it's all Hollywood BS."

Fionn tries not to look at the ruined bodies.

He points to the stumps of candles.

"These were lit, a family friend says they're made of animal fat and hand made. They didn't come off the shelf anywhere."

Fionn looked at the back of the room.

"Over there was a small smoky fire with incense and burning plastic in it. The ash has remains of burnt photos."

Turning to the crates.

"That is where some brute watched things, maybe even addressed those present."

Fionn paused tapping the side of his head searching his memory.

"AJ said they came in by the loading bay doors, and they came by car."

Fionn gritted his teeth for a moment.

The memory of that stinking fire, the sound of the leather creaking in the night air, the reek of blood.

He swayed on his feet and willed himself not to shame himself.

----
    OOC Forgive the lack of formatting I'm doing this on a mobile and it doesn't show the full editor.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

While following Fionn inside, and listening to his comments, Chris keeps on nodding. He can't really keep a neutral expression upon seeing the scene. The smell penetrates his enhanced scent. He shivers shortly.

'This is intense.' He whispers, a first reaction.

'Well, it can be Hollywood, or just very serious folks with a sense for the dramatic.' The Hierophant won't deny he has improvised here and there, in his Requiem. With inspiration coming from anywhere.

He turns to Fionn, 'You speak as if you've made a guess of how many people - or Kindred - were here. What do you think?' Quite a few probably. 'If they're making the Barrens their home and playground, we have a problem.'

Well technically it's not his problem, since this is not really the Domain. But the Masquerade concerns them all.

'Let me see...' Chris carefully kneels beside the body on the floor. He makes sure not to touch any stains. What he aims for is the body itself. As it is in such a severe situation, the Mekhet hopes to get a clear psychic impression from it.

The Spirit's Touch
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-08 14:16:36 Chris rolls 11 to Wits + Occult + Auspex for the Spirit's Touch (body on the floor) (10 Again) 5, 2, 10, 10, 9, 7, 7, 3, 5, 7, 6, 10, 7, 8 5 successes

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.