Ended
Watch

(1503) Councilor Meeting - Provost Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Xander Ermac

Truce leads the Provosts downstairs to the living room where an L-shaped white cushioned sofa and chairs sit around a wide coffee table. He sets his own plate down and sits to view Emrys and Ermac if they have followed him.

"I suppose we aught to trust our Councilors to fulfill our Path's needs," he says with a soft encouraging smile, wondering if Emrys or Ermac are fine with their exclusion from the Trial discussion.

E
    Ermac

Once in the living room, he replies to Truce in the affirmative, "I believe they've earned our trust now that we've made the necessary changes. They have a better understanding after that debacle." Ermac knew he had signed away his seat. In a way, it was for the better as far as he was concerned.

Sacramento's Aragorn...

He then took a seat on the couch. "With the Trial proceedings, I'm fine with our separation." The Theurge set his glasses on the coffee table reclined his neck backward upon the top of the couch, resting his head and closed his eyes. "They need to be able to debate and argue until an agreement is made, without us. When we drafted up the new Charter without the full cast of Provosts and the Hierarch, we managed to get it done peacefully." the Obrimos remarked without opening his eyes. A low chuckle escaped his lips, "Perhaps our easygoingness is what led us to miss so much." A blind turn of his head toward Truce, "Wouldn't that be ironic? Volume as an indicator of productivity." He chuckled again. "Oh that'd be funny..."

A short pause followed, "Dude, this is one comfy couch. If I fall asleep here, you'll know why."

Emrys

PRE

Emrys stormed down the stairs on his way to the exit. He moves right past the other two Provosts and then stops. The Enchanter then pulls a one eighty and walks back up to the couch.

"Can I get a second opinion on something?" The Syndic asked. The left side of his lip twitched after the question, and the look in his furious eyes clearly said he expected a yes from them.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce nods to Ermac's words. "Yes, it is probably for the best." He smiles sympathetically as Ermac chuckles. "Do you mean that we can expect things to move forward the louder it gets up there? I hope not. I'd hate to have to explain that to our neighbors," he makes as a joke. Though a sound proofing spell probably could have come in handy if he expected any arguments to escalate.

"Ah, thank you. Yes, I believe Crowley has been known to pass out here time to time," he responds to the compliment on their couch.

Looking to Emrys as he stands over the couch he notices the raw emotion billowing from the man. "Of course," he answers, giving Emrys his attention.

E
    Ermac

The resting Syndic smiled, "Gotta love Crowley. But yea, Influence Sound, amazingly useful. Seriously worth it for meetings like that." Hearing his fellow Libertine's arrival, he called out, "Fire away Emrys. We're here all night, bro."

Emrys

PRE

Bro? He could understand a Host's need to maintain a level and cheery head, but his cabalmate after that?

The Enchanter shook his head a second and looked at Truce. "What exactly did I say that you think warranted that response from Pepper?"

He cocked his head to the side and crossed his arms in front of him. "Cause I'm trying to think, and I don't get it. I've never been shy about stating my opinions, and she gave me the position knowing that. Shit, she even said check the temper to just talk and you'll be fine."

Emrys's arms flew up defensively as he shook his head a second time. They refolded themselves, all the while his gaze remaining fixed on just Truce. "So what the actual fuck? If we weren't supposed to be speaking why were we invited in the first place?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce's expression seems to sag slightly at Emrys's query. He looks away, down at the coffee table as he searches for an answer for him. He had stated clearly that their meeting would be more informal by way of an open discussion so as to avoid the pressures of their stations. Yet the Hierarch's presence indicated that he had no intention of keeping things informal.

"I believe our invitations may have been meant to groom us for our positions, as silent witnesses and assistants to the Councilors. I don't wish to pretend to know Pepper's intentions. But I imagine she may have been trying to clarify her own position regarding the grace period for Cabal participation. I believe it may be difficult for some to retain an informal discourse when such serious matters are being discussed, so we were asked to leave to avoid confusing the Councilors and Hierarch on the stance of each Path."

He tries not to sound jaded in his reply but his disappointment is there beneath the surface. His gaze returns to Emrys.

"But what's done is done. Please, take a seat and talk with us, Emrys. There's no reason we can't discuss the matter ourselves, even if we are not Pathmates. It is a decision that effects everyone in the Consilium. You said you were of a mind that there is no need to distinguish Apostates from Independents before. Would you humor me in explaining that stance?"

E
    Ermac

As Emrys reached his conclusion, Ermac opened his eyes, sighed, and shook his head. "We can talk about why Pepper went off on you later on," he replied before squinting to find his glasses and placing them on the bridge of his nose. Looking at the Enchanter, "I've noticed a pattern and," he glanced toward Truce before returning his gaze to Emrys, "I'd prefer to explain it to you in private when things have calmed down."

He sat upright, "I too would like to hear what you have to say about Apostates and Independents."

Emrys

PRE

"It's just a fuck you to Gyges coming from the Warlocks." Emrys said, maintaining his eye contact with Truce. "I'm not against it because Gyges was a defensive prick for most of his stay here, but I heard somewhere he was Provost for a while and now he's just gone. Not a coincidence in my opinion."

The Enchanter shrugged from his spot still standing. "Still, it wasn't the Order requirement that derailed a Concilium and almost left two paths with no representation, though a grace period is at least a bandage on the gaping wound."

"Any way," Emrys said as he finally acknowledged Ermac. "Privacy isn't a thing with four other roommates so why don't you just speak your mind already? I'm really curious what pattern is so terrible it warrants being called hasty, sloppy, and being told to remember my place in front of the entire Council while my Sigil Holder doesn't even bat an eyelash and then comes downstairs to say they earned our trust."

Eyes narrowed on Ermac, anxiously awaiting his response.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce remains in his seat, keeping his eyes on Emrys. "Watch your tongue, Emrys. Gyges was a member of my Cabal despite his methods or manners. I won't have him badmouthed in this Sanctum." His tone remains passive, not edged with any threat but stern nonetheless as if promising more if the message is not heeded. Perhaps it is ironic that Truce defends a man who often displayed such similar vulgarity.

It doesn't escape Truce's notice how Ermac has excluded him from any further discussion regarding Pepper. He wonders vaguely if it has something to do with the relationship between their Orders but Truce has no interest in pressing the Theurgist on it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread