Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(0315) CoD - Andrea and L'aire

S
    Sasha

She was about to talk to Alex, but he seemed off to talk to someone else faster than she could make out what was going on in the flurry of Springyness. “Andrea I don’t think we’ve met before. I go by Sasha, L’aire around here but prefer Sasha.” Even though the Minstrel corrected Nathan, L’aire assisted the Windwing. “He goes by Chris outside of the Freehold. Prefers Kyle in safe company.” Glancing to him a moment and walking a little from the conversation of he and Nathan. She wasn't entirely sure why she'd said that, but since the question had risen, L'aire thought she'd be helpful.

A jolt carried through her as she overheard Kyle and Nathan speaking of the box of Desires. Oh, oh no… The Fairest thought just the Queen would be seeing these. Not the whole court of Springs. She’d wait a moment…. Nope, not at all. “Hm, I wonder who will be reading those?” Smiling with curiosity. Which was hopefully concealing her panic.

m
    magiuspendragon

Andrea froze for a moment, looking a bit like a deer in the headlights as a bit of a crowd formed around the box. She was thankful when the violet-eyed woman caught her attention, and held it. "Nice to meet you Sasha," she said. Two people with multiple names? It was the kind of thing that made her wonder if she was supposed to be more circumspect about her own identity. Especially considering all that had happened.

Her eyes widened at Sasha's other comment. "I uhh... I guess I didn't thank about them reading it." She was suddenly very glad she'd made the choice she had. "Though, I guess it makes sense when you think about it. How else would the court make it come true?"

S
    Sasha

She should have taken into consideration it would be the whole Court of Springs would see this. But, her overwhelming need to know what happened surpassed her better judgment. Would Kyle Ferlen ask me about who this person was? Maybe I could lie and say it was her dad, brother, oh shit, no I put a picture in there of us at Halloween. Good thing I didn’t ask about the other thing.

And, there he just waved to me, what was he mouthing? Does he know I’m freaking out about it?
    L’aire smiled back with a little wave. She really wondered what the wave was about.

Then, the Dancer realized her thoughts were quickly spinning out of control. “Nice to meet you Andrea..” Shaking her head slightly. “Yeah, sorry, I think I’m over thinking this too much.”

L’aire breathed in and turned to face the heat of the Elemental. Calmer than a moment ago, she tried to be a conversationalist. "So, what brought you to Sacramento?” Softly smiling in a gentle friendly manner. Even though the woman's skin seemed like burning embers buried beneath something, the Fairest felt like they had something slightly in common already.

m
    magiuspendragon

"A change of scenery," Andrea said. "Have you lived in Sacramento long?" she asked. Another party, and the only question she'd figured out to ask. The predictability of it all. And yet, she was surprised that this beauty was speaking to her. Perhaps it was better to start with the small stuff.

S
    Sasha

The Elemental’s answer was short and vague, but she expected that. She’d been around a few others, sometimes they had an issue expressing themselves. But, so did she.

“Yes and no.” L’aire wondered how to explain it in the short version. “I lived here for about 2 years or so.” A long pause, how to explain why she left then settled on, “Left.” Pausing again, as if trying to think of the duration. “For a year. I’ve been back I don’t know, maybe half a year or something?” Slightly shrugging, not entirely sure of the exact dates. Although she remembered swearing the temporary pledge to Betony.

“So, where were you from previously?” One hand stuck out in front of her. “Um, you don’t need to answer that. Sorry if that was abrupt.” The Fairest knew she wasn’t the best conversationalist. Many knew that even better than she did herself.

m
    magiuspendragon

"And how do you like it here?" Andrea asked, opting for the easier question. Why the fairest left and why she came back would also be interesting answers, but perhaps now wasn't the best time to ask them.

"I'm from Chicago," she added. She glanced over to where the Queen was holding court. "New enough that I should probably make my pledges before the night is up." She'd already missed Valenites day. She winced, "Not that I'm looking for an excuse..."

S
    Sasha

“I liked it enough to come back.” L’aire smiled, turning a moment and looking at the whole Freehold present. “It’s my home.”

L’aire froze in place when Andrea said Chicago. She even stopped breathing for a few moments. That was my home... She finally composed herself enough to say. “I’m from there originally too…” Trailing off a little . Bewildered she’d met another from that city in Sacramento.

“Oh but, if you need to go, that’s okay. That is far more important.” Nodding and looking at Violet. “She seems to be free too.” The Fairest wasn’t trying to usher Andrea away, but there was a panic that swelled up. She didn’t even know why.

m
    magiuspendragon

"That makes sense," Andrea said. From what people had been saying, dispite the dangers it wasn't really a bad place to be. That was reassuring. Maybe she really could make a home here, like the fairest was suggesting.

However, at the fairests words, Andrea froze as well. She knew, then, what Andrea had been. That was unsettling in so many levels. She blushed lightly and took the out given. "I should go talk to her, then," she said. "Perhaps we can speak more later."

S
    Sasha

The Dancer found it strange that Andrea didn’t get excited or ask more questions since they shared the same home city. Unfortunately, that left L’aire curious.

Nodding, she added. ‘Yeah, we should sometime. Speak more later. Maybe coffee.”

Smiling slightly, L’aire added. “Okay, I’m going to go see about something anyway.” A tiny wave as she walked away so the Elemental could go swear her pledge.

Going back to main thread

m
    magiuspendragon

"Sounds great," Andrea said. "I'll .. see you around." She gave a wave, and then made her way over to the Monarch.

Andrea joins this thread

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.