Ended
Watch

No such thing as too much Dakka

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    T

Continued from here.

Chuck had found a parcel of public land outside of the city where they should be able to fire off some rounds at some targets legally without causing any fuss earlier and the GPS in the Cadillac directed them there without a problem. The side of a hill provided a more than sufficient backdrop to absorb any shots that went wide or through the target.

"Ok. I've got some targets in the back let's get them set up and get shooting." He said with a grin to Jacqueline. He exited and opened the trunk to retrieve the paper targets they would be aiming at. Looking at the hill it seemed that this area had been used for plinking before and there were a few spots he could see that would be decent to put them.

"Do you want to go short range, long range, or a bit of a mix?" He asked.

E
    Enoich

As the Cadillac rolled up, the gravel crunching under its solid all-road tires, Jacqueline was buzzing with anticipation. Sitting still had a habit of getting her to think, which made her look forward to any action which was ahead, which lead to a sort of attention deficit hyperactive anticipation, not out of distraction, but that while idle, she was still growing in excitement. The fact that the place was more-or-less deserted made it all the better. They could talk shop without distraction... Or was it talk wolf? Did wolves talk shop?

Hopping out of the passenger's seat and fetching her own supplies, the artist was essentially skipping along, despite the additional weight that her duffel bag provided. She was trying to be more careful with listening, since it was already a sore subject, so she was quick to reply, "It makes the most sense to have a mix. I'm probably better with short range, but life doesn't give you neatly lined up Anshega in a row. This isn't the county fair after all!" Dropping the heavy sack near their shooting site, Jacqui looks about for any fuzz then pulls out her Colt, checking to make sure the safety is still on and that there's no clip. No need for an accidental misfire, especially in front of the Alpha! "You said that you used to shoot in contests? Why a revolver? Isn't it heavy?" Jacqueline couldn't fault a revolver for not having enough bullets, since her Colt could only hold about seven in a clip anyway. It'd be hypocritical really.

T

"Well I've had experience with a range of different pistols but I left most of them in New York when we moved. I just prefer these for self defense and really am most comfortable with them. They have a bit of a kick, but I find it satisfying to shoot." He said taking the revolver out and turning it over to show Jacqueline. "I'll probably get a few others now that I'm getting settled here. I was thinking of picking up some shotguns as well in case we come across some... larger game that needs taking down. The other benefit is that you don't need a license to carry a shotgun." He suddenly had a thought and gave Jacqueline a concerned look. "You are licensed to carry a pistol right?" he asked as he handed over a couple of targets for her to help setup.

He tilted his head towards the hill and began walking over the a reasonable distance to setup.

E
    Enoich

"I suppose it makes sense. Might as well use what you're comfortable with. How proficient are you with a speed loader? Revolvers need a lot more finesse with reloading whereas a gun with a clip just requires preparation. That's why I brought all this ammo... Additionally, I might Dedicate this bag of ammunition as well as my pistol. I... I just don't know if it's worthwhile to bring a firearm into the Hisil." With a appraising look, she examines the revolver, noting that it's been well polished and properly cared for. Spinning the barrel experimentally, it moved fluidly with a satisfying clickerclack. Returning the revolver in the proper fashion, Jacqui nodded, "A shotgun would be wise. While I cannot handle the recoil all that well, I do know others that might. Additionally, they make extremely good traps. Not to mention Shot is incredibly adaptable and can be filled with all sorts of substances." Not that she would fill a shotgun shell with silver shrapnel... Spirits Forbid, that would be a crime!

Upon being asked about her license, she reached into her purse, pulling out her wallet from her purse and then went through the trouble of searching through her wallet for her firearms license, which turned out to be a slip of paper noting that she had a license to concealed carry a firearm to a caliber up to .45. "Making me go through so much trouble. Do you know how hard it is to get this back into my wallet... Urph." Despite her protests, Jacqueline joins Chuck in setting up targets, picking close shots as well as more difficult ones to create a veritable range of things to fire at. "You're new to Cali, do you need to get a license as well? Don't know if your New York License will matter for much if Sacramento PD comes down on you."

T

After only glancing at her licence Chuck responded as they setup the targets together. "Hey I would've believed you! And yes, I got that sorted as soon as I arrived. I'm not going to go around unprotected, especially with the rumors we've heard. But, I've only just started practicing with a speed loader." he admitted "Speed loading isn't usually required in competitions. The closest thing I did though was the quick draw rounds, but I prefer to have the time to get a bead on the target."

As they pinned up the last of the targets and began walking back to where they'd be shooting from Chuck pulled out his revolver again to look at it. Taking it into the Hisil. An interesting idea indeed, but I wonder if there's another way.

"So I've been thinking that I should get some clothes rededicated and maybe a gun belt as well so I don't have to worry about that after changing. Are you able to do that sometime?" He asked.

E
    Enoich

"I am fully able to handle that ritual, but dedicating firearms comes with its own can of worms. First of all, with any dedicated gun, you will need to dedicate bullets and as you lose them, well... Eventually you have to rededicate. I have not yet tested the interactions between rededication on a system, as ones ability to hold a dedication is based upon their primal nature. So essentially, you have to dedicate a bag with the gun as well as ammunition, extra clips, in my case... Possibly speed loaders in your case. I don't know revolvers."

"Secondly, if you leave your revolver out of the bag when you shift or cross the gauntlet, it won't just magically reappear." Jacqueline lists this out with a great deal of frustration and it appears that she had thought about this for a long time already. "Honestly, it's enough to make me want to consider using a different weapon in the Hisil. Still, I'm better with a firearm than any other form of combat." Letting out a chuckle, she gestures to her duffel bag, "Why do you think I'm packing all these bullets? I don't plan on running out of firepower any time soon."

Pulling out her pistol, she opens up the chamber and goes through some basic checks. She didn't have the swiftness of a soldier in terms of disassembling and reassembling a weapon, but she knew enough to be dangerous. After all, it was a dark world out there, "Where do you want to start? Short? Long?" With that, she loads a clip of .45 and makes sure the safety is still on.

T

Chuck looked thoughtful at Jacqueline's words and looked down at the gun belt and holster arrangement he'd purchased. He'd had dedication in mind when he bought it and it had a pouch for two speed loaders and bullet loops for a decent amount of ammunition in addition to the holster for his pistol.

"So could you dedicate this gun belt and holster then?" he asked seriously. "And yes, speed loaders." He took one out that was already prepared to show her how it worked with a revolver.

Checking that everything was in order he turned to consider the targets. "Let's start short then go for long after that. I've only got six rounds obviously so shall we say six shots each at our targets then compare results?" He said with a smile. There was nothing wrong with a little friendly competition.

How the points will work

Chuck raised his pistol aimed at the target, breathed and emptied his pistol into the target closest to him. He paused between each shot, taking the time to recover from the recoil and get the target in his sights again. He was going for accuracy, if they wanted to do some more combat oriented shooting practice they could go for some quick shots later.

The Elodoth was satisfied with the results. He even thought the second shot may have almost hit the center. Standing back he made room for Jacqueline to take her turn.

shots fired
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-26 10:33:47 [06] Chuck rolls 3 to Shooting targets (Damage mod forgotten) (10 Again) 7, 10, 3, 6 1 success
    2015-03-26 10:33:47 [05] Chuck rolls 3 to Shooting targets (Damage mod forgotten) (10 Again) 9, 10, 6, 1 2 successes
    2015-03-26 10:33:47 [04] Chuck rolls 3 to Shooting targets (Damage mod forgotten) (10 Again) 6, 4, 4 failure
    2015-03-26 10:33:47 [03] Chuck rolls 3 to Shooting targets (Damage mod forgotten) (10 Again) 6, 6, 7 failure
    2015-03-26 10:33:47 [02] Chuck rolls 3 to Shooting targets (Damage mod forgotten) (10 Again) 5, 6, 8 1 success
    2015-03-26 10:33:47 [01] Chuck rolls 3 to Shooting targets (Damage mod forgotten) (10 Again) 2, 5, 10, 5 1 success
    2015-03-26 10:26:33 [06] Chuck rolls 9 to Shooting targets (Dex+Firearms+Spec+3Aiming) (10 Again) 2, 2, 10, 1, 7, 7, 10, 1, 3, 7, 4 2 successes
    2015-03-26 10:26:33 [05] Chuck rolls 9 to Shooting targets (Dex+Firearms+Spec+3Aiming) (10 Again) 8, 7, 6, 9, 9, 4, 2, 5, 1 3 successes
    2015-03-26 10:26:33 [04] Chuck rolls 9 to Shooting targets (Dex+Firearms+Spec+3Aiming) (10 Again) 2, 4, 2, 5, 5, 9, 9, 5, 4 2 successes
    2015-03-26 10:26:33 [03] Chuck rolls 9 to Shooting targets (Dex+Firearms+Spec+3Aiming) (10 Again) 1, 9, 2, 9, 9, 9, 4, 5, 7 4 successes
    2015-03-26 10:26:33 [02] Chuck rolls 9 to Shooting targets (Dex+Firearms+Spec+3Aiming) (10 Again) 5, 4, 10, 8, 10, 8, 3, 10, 1, 5, 7, 4 5 successes
    2015-03-26 10:26:33 [01] Chuck rolls 9 to Shooting targets (Dex+Firearms+Spec+3Aiming) (10 Again) 8, 6, 1, 9, 6, 10, 6, 3, 1, 8 4 successes

E
    Enoich

Glancing briefly at the holster attachment on Chuck's waist, Jacqueline quirked a smile in approval. It would certainly be a less-than-optimal choice, but on the plus side, he wouldn't have to carry around a purse. Snorting out a little laughter, she imagined her Alpha carrying around a stylish handbag to compliment his general business attire. Oh, what mirth. Stifling her fit of the giggles with a hand, she replied, "Don't worry about it. We can take care of it after we're done. ehehe sounds like a great plan."

There was no doubt, her alpha was a careful shot. Jacqui likely wouldn't have given much effort into aiming like that in most situations, but considering that this was a contest, an attempt at skill, well it made logical sense. After the sixth bullet had been fired, she peered at the target and noticed a smattering of pretty decent holes, some of them even coming close to a bullseye. Very impressive. She could only hope to do as well.

Calmly approaching the firing area, she focused on her target, giving considerable time to line up the shots. She was probably psyching herself out too much because the first and the last shot went awry despite her proper aiming. It was really disheartening honestly. "You win this round. I don't even have to do the math on it."

All the Shots Fired
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-28 22:48:10 [06] Jacqueline Navarre rolls 11 to Short Range Shots (Dex+Firearms+Specialty+3 Aiming) (10 Again) 6, 6, 7, 5, 5, 7, 5, 3, 3, 1, 6 failure
    2015-03-28 22:48:10 [05] Jacqueline Navarre rolls 11 to Short Range Shots (Dex+Firearms+Specialty+3 Aiming) (10 Again) 4, 8, 5, 4, 9, 6, 3, 8, 1, 10, 9, 7 5 successes
    2015-03-28 22:48:10 [04] Jacqueline Navarre rolls 11 to Short Range Shots (Dex+Firearms+Specialty+3 Aiming) (10 Again) 3, 9, 1, 6, 7, 4, 8, 5, 4, 6, 6 2 successes
    2015-03-28 22:48:10 [03] Jacqueline Navarre rolls 11 to Short Range Shots (Dex+Firearms+Specialty+3 Aiming) (10 Again) 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 4, 6, 9, 7, 9, 10, 6 3 successes
    2015-03-28 22:48:10 [02] Jacqueline Navarre rolls 11 to Short Range Shots (Dex+Firearms+Specialty+3 Aiming) (10 Again) 8, 10, 6, 9, 2, 6, 1, 3, 2, 4, 4, 6 3 successes
    2015-03-28 22:48:10 [01] Jacqueline Navarre rolls 11 to Short Range Shots (Dex+Firearms+Specialty+3 Aiming) (10 Again) 6, 7, 1, 4, 6, 6, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5 failure

T

Chuck only raised his eyebrow at Jacqueline's giggling, glad for the offer of the Rite.

Once she had taken her shots he gave her a smile. "Not too bad." he commented. "Don't forget to breath and help steady the shot." She had breathed, he'd seen it, but it was the sort of thing you say to someone who'd just had one out of three shots go wide. At least one got into the inner circle and he could see that Jacqueline knew how to handle her piece despite the misses.

He narrowed his eyes at the long range targets. They had a human outline instead of just concentric circles. More realistic, but it also meant you had to chose your target. Go for the head and potentially miss? Or shoot for an easier target like the torso?
    Long range target rules

Taking the speed loader from his the pouch on his belt he quickly reloaded his revolver and raised it to aim at the targets in the distance. Took a breath and fired off shot after shot in quick succession. He aimed all the shots at the target's head. If you were going to shoot something, you may as well do it right. While he couldn't make out exactly where each shot had gone he was satisfied that most of them had struck true.

"There." he said to Jacqueline with a grin. "You're up."

4 head shots (28 points)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-29 08:25:49 [06] Chuck rolls 2 to Target Practice (Dex+Fire+Spec+Dam-4 Long Range - 3 Difficulty) (10 Again) 5, 9 1 success
    2015-03-29 08:25:49 [05] Chuck rolls 2 to Target Practice (Dex+Fire+Spec+Dam-4 Long Range - 3 Difficulty) (10 Again) 3, 1 failure
    2015-03-29 08:25:49 [04] Chuck rolls 2 to Target Practice (Dex+Fire+Spec+Dam-4 Long Range - 3 Difficulty) (10 Again) 3, 1 failure
    2015-03-29 08:25:49 [03] Chuck rolls 2 to Target Practice (Dex+Fire+Spec+Dam-4 Long Range - 3 Difficulty) (10 Again) 3, 8 1 success
    2015-03-29 08:25:49 [02] Chuck rolls 2 to Target Practice (Dex+Fire+Spec+Dam-4 Long Range - 3 Difficulty) (10 Again) 8, 6 1 success
    2015-03-29 08:25:49 [01] Chuck rolls 2 to Target Practice (Dex+Fire+Spec+Dam-4 Long Range - 3 Difficulty) (10 Again) 8, 10, 7 2 successes

E
    Enoich

What a frustration. She prided herself if not on her accuracy with a firearm, at least with a steady aim and to be outdone... She paused for a moment to breathe before she finished that thought, contemplation running through her. What point was it to win this contest? Why did she feel so bad when she lost, when it was merely a friendly thing. Stuck in that quandry, she barely noticed the firing, but by the time it ended, she felt a sort of zen-like tranquility run through her as she spied the longer ranged shots. He was good, or maybe lucky. Perhaps luck had a lot to do with him being alpha, but no doubt he was working at a disadvantage and still got a majority of the shots. She didn't feel as comfortable doing the same, but the points may not add up.

Running the numbers through her head, she realized she could attempt to also aim at the face, but had luck against her, but if she aimed for a hand... After all, it made sense. Even Gauru would pause if their extremity sported a good-sized hole. A headshot was not the only way to take care of a foe. Ejecting her spent clip and loading in another, Jacqui took aim and tried to match her alpha's cadence, keeping breathing.

Not sure how we got the same dice pool, but 2 succ, 10 pts
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-29 21:18:40 [06] Jacqui rolls 2 to Shoot Long Range (Dex+Firearms+Spec+Damage-4 Range -2 Difficulty) (10 Again) 3, 1 failure
    2015-03-29 21:18:40 [05] Jacqui rolls 2 to Shoot Long Range (Dex+Firearms+Spec+Damage-4 Range -2 Difficulty) (10 Again) 4, 6 failure
    2015-03-29 21:18:40 [04] Jacqui rolls 2 to Shoot Long Range (Dex+Firearms+Spec+Damage-4 Range -2 Difficulty) (10 Again) 7, 9 1 success
    2015-03-29 21:18:40 [03] Jacqui rolls 2 to Shoot Long Range (Dex+Firearms+Spec+Damage-4 Range -2 Difficulty) (10 Again) 5, 6 failure
    2015-03-29 21:18:40 [02] Jacqui rolls 2 to Shoot Long Range (Dex+Firearms+Spec+Damage-4 Range -2 Difficulty) (10 Again) 2, 2 failure
    2015-03-29 21:18:40 [01] Jacqui rolls 2 to Shoot Long Range (Dex+Firearms+Spec+Damage-4 Range -2 Difficulty) (10 Again) 1, 8 1 success

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread