Ended
Watch

(1503) Councilor Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
    E
    Ermac

"I believe the current state of definition for an Apostate is someone who has turned his back to the Pentacle entirely. One who actively refuses to become involved with any Order. A recluse if you will." He paused before continuing, "An Independent is someone who is simply not affiliated with an Order. Both Order and individual need to determine if the relationship is right."

"As I'm understanding the discussion, the grandfather clause and grace period is being applied to Councilors whose Cabals have collapsed. Its purpose is to allow the Councilor time to join another instead of leaving an empty seat. Too rare, it is, a Solitaire lasts long enough to know the ins and outs of politics without aligning himself with a party."

"All of us have biases and try as we might to nullify them, it doesn't work," he said with a shrug. "As long as we remain aware of our duty to being impartial, it can help guide us toward the best decision. Often times the best decision isn't most obvious and can be clouded by perception of favoritism and agenda. Understanding that each of us is and shall be held accountable is a good policy for maintaining honesty."

M
    Mace

Mace sat, absentmindedly pushing her salad around on her plate. Her thoughts were elsewhere. She was instead focusing on the balance between her duty and her feelings on the matter. It was all a tangled mess, caught up in her insecurities about being here in the first place. What made her voice the right one for her path?

"I'm of two minds," she admitted. "On the one hand, like Truce said we want to make sure that those who hold these positions are invested in us. In the consilium, in the city, in the battles we're fighting. Together we are stronger than we are apart. So form that perspective, perhaps the restriction should stay."

She paused. "On the other, I'm not sure that restricting who can be on the council is the best way to do it."
    She took a moment, steeling her courage, "Imagine if you would a scenario. A solitaire is recognized. They get involved, they gain the respect of the counsilium, of their path, and even of the council. If they meet those requirements, why would the fact that they are a solitaire matter? There are many other filters, and hurdles they must overcome to get there. Is it our job, right here and now, to say that at the end of all that they do not belong?"

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Given the idiocy of your Provot's statement," Avis said to Pepper, after blankly staring at Emrys, "I am going to ignore it and move on to your Sister's question. Councilor Mace," the Warlock continued, "anyone who chooses to remain a solitaire is someone that is, for whatever reason, literally displaying a lack of trust and commitment. A cabal does not need to share a Sanctum, even if that is most common. All a cabal really needs to do is pledge to aid each other and to protect their territory and each other. Then, by extension, they are better able to help the Consilium because they have others at their back. My cabal right now is set against the Banisher threat. Would you honestly send a solitaire to deal with that? And would you trust a Councilor that would not fight the fights that you do? I sure as hell wouldn't.

"I mean, really, the issue with the cabal restrictions at the previous Consilium was that there was no grace period given. I think the Acanthus Councilor is on exactly the right path with her suggestion just now. Except, if we simply stated that any Magi elected to the position of Councilor had three months to join or form a Cabal, either at the period of their election, or at the moment of dissolution for their last cabal, then we wouldn't have a repeat of what happened last time."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein didn't smile at Emrys. That would be inappropriate, given her position. But, she did look at him in a not-disapproving manner. It was nice to have someone around who shared her opinion, and who would say what she actually wanted to say, when she wasn't able to. She nods at each person in turn as they spoke, basically saying exactly what the ones before them were saying. "It sounds like we're all in agreement then. The addition of a three-month grace period to find a cabal after being elected, or after yours being dissolved, and the removal of the Order requirement, replacing it with an interdict about Apostates." She didn't particularly care about the full Apostates. They turned their back on the Council just as much as the Diamond. It wasn't her job to protect them. "If that's settled, then, we can move on to the issue of Magus Striker's Recognition and Trial."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce's eyes narrow at Avis for a moment, but he says nothing in regards to the poorly veiled insult against Emrys. He had already supported an environment for candid statements.

"For the matter of granting proven Solitaires additional entitlements, though the circumstances seem far-fetched, might I recommend that in such situations that the Hierarch be granted special powers to acknowledge an individual's merits and commitment to fulfill eligibility. That would provide some flexibility as we cannot predict what circumstances might result in a worthy Solitaire. If they can impress the Hierarch with their value in addition to their Path members then it should not create a problem."

He looks to Mace, his statement clearly supporting his Councilor's stance and then to Emrys who seemed eager for adaptability to be amended into the Charter.

The suggestion is only that and he doesn't plan on turning the statement into an argument if it meets with resistance. Truce too is eager to move on to new topics.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper's hand drifted up to her face, finger tips alighting on her nose and eyebrows lightly, then stroked slightly before sighing at Avis's reaction to the Free Councilor Enchanter. "Well, although I disagree with quite a few of my Provost's statements there, calling them idiocy is a bit strong. Hasty, Sloppy, and reaching beyond his authority would be more accurate." She paused, taking a moment to meet Avis's eyes to make it clear that the Acanthus Councilor was the only one who got to call her Provost an idiot, thanks. Then she turned to Emrys, a certain spark of annoyance in her eye.

"Emrys, I'm going to point out that I am representing the Path, Provost is an auxiliary position, for the most part. Also keep in mind that in our path meeting you were the single most vocal person in favor removing the restrictions. Most of them were satisfied with the compromise condition." She did some quick mental math on that to double check - Faye and Tyria with the compromise absolutely, Miach not saying anything, Crowley being for either option - And the math came out the same. Right. "That said, I'm certain that this compromise we've worked out isn't just satisfactory to the Path, but ideal for the consilium. Divine confirmation for that if you need to." She was absolutely daring him to. Go ahead, cast that augury. Her jaw firmed, then she turned to the new matter.

Or the old one. Striker. "I think, in this situation, it would be good to refresh everyone's minds on the Trial Procedures. I have a feeling our workload is a lot lighter than we think this time, considering that the Trial is required to occur within a month of the accusation being registered. It's been three. That said, we should absolutely figure out a plan for the future, should a sentinel revoke recognition before the trial again."

8. Likes Matamune, Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Shackle,” Aquinas says placidly, “is a poor choice of words, Magus Emrys. A cabal is not a ball and chain. A cabal is a fellowship, a group of friends, a family you – by choice – form. I do not think the Theurgists or the Necromancers appreciate you speaking for them.” There is something very methodical to the way Aquinas responds to the Libertine. “No one is putting a gun to your head to form a cabal and the positives of doing so, outweigh the negatives.” Seers, Scelesti, and Banishers are beset on all sides; a lone Solitare roaming Sacramento is dangerous to everyone.

A nod towards Pepper's dressing down of our own Provost doesn't need the Hierarch to also do so.

Eyes settle on Truce and Mace, especially Truce, newest recruit to the Mantle of leadership that is the Silver Ladder. Aquinas regards the Moroi carefully before stating, “It is hard to believe that an involved and engaged Solitare will be one for very long. As the Mastigos Councilor has already pointed out.

Finally, Aquinas leans forward in his chair and laces his fingers together, “Before we move on to Trial Procedures, I would request the Provosts leave the room as this is for the Councilors to work out themselves. Thank you for your input.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce nods his understanding to Aquinas without comment, instead filling his plate and taking it to the door to open. With a raised hand gesture he addresses his fellow Provosts, "Gentlemen, if you could join me in the living room, we can relax there until we're needed once more."

Even though the Hierarch had thanked them for their input, Truce could sense that their being excused as a clear message that they were in the way of the decision making process. It disappointed him somewhat, but he can see that each Provost had their own reasons to remain vocal. So much for an informal discussion.

Provosts can join Truce here

E
    Ermac

Ermac's face remained stoic as Emrys was addressed. Pepper was right - she and all other Councilors were the representatives. Syndic Prime nodded to the Council, "As you wish." The Theurge followed the Necromancer.

Ermac joins Truce

Emrys

PRE

Huh, Einstein moment.

Granted his communication skills needed work, but that was unexpected? Eyes met Pepper's as she began, the only motion from him was the slow gnashing of his teeth. When Aquinas spoke it was all he could do to not groan out loud. The eye roll however slipped.

"Wasn't talking about cabals there." He growled as the napkin was placed on the plate. Anger was better then the alternative.

He rose from his seat and silently followed the other Provosts. Unlike Truce he left his plate behind, decidedly less hungry then before.

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.