Ended
Watch

(1503) Councilor Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"The Mastigos demand that the Cabal requirement stay, but would request that the Order requirement be removed and instead a ban on Apostates put in place, with an Interdict defining Apostates as those who renounce the Orders and Independents as those who respect but are not a part of the Orders," Avis chimed in.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes Matamune, RebornSeas, West liked this post

Emrys

PRE

Emrys nodded to Einstein, before blinking at Avis. Demands? Weren't there like three of them? It sounded like a fairly well organized three but still.

"The consensus among the Enchanters was that all limitations should be removed from the position of Councilor." He gave a shrug, then turned his attention to Mace and Damascus . "While we are willing to accept a change to one or the other, it's not the option we want. What were the thoughts of the Necromancers and Shamans on position requirements?"

As he finished speaking, he started munching on his burger. Hosts didn't put food out to look at after all.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper gave a nod to Emrys, finishing a bite of her own salad before speaking further, "Although the Path didn't ask it of me, I'd like to remove the requirement of a cabal from the provost's position. Frankly, I was pretty annoyed that the person I felt had the necessary understanding of the Lex and Charter was for a while unavailable to hold the actual title until he acquired a Cabal. Not sure if that was an issue with any of you, but it's something that fits with this conversation." She followed that up by helping herself to one of the soft drinks hiding under the table and raising an eyebrow to Mace and Damascus both.

M
    Mace

Mace glanced at Damascus, wondering how the Thyrsus managed in their own discussions. That's what had started all of these issues after all. "For the Path of Doom, we discussed removing the Order restrictions for sure. The Cabal issue wasn't brought up," she glanced to Truce for confirmation, "But my sense was that in general, we felt it would be wise to encourage participation in the consilium affairs, but to be cautious about setting restrictions that would exclude those who have the qualifications and will to uphold a position." She hesitated, combing her memory. "We also discussed the roles of those without Orders, what will be expected and afforded them, and overall felt we must take more care on the phrasings in the document to make sure that our intention is coming across clearly." She glanced around the table. "Lastly, discussed a bit about the trial procedure, and how it should apply to those who are not Recognized. Mostly in the sense of those petitioning for recognition."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Truthfully, I'd like to remove all restrictions from the Council, but as was pointed out to me by the Wisest among us," Avis explained, her gaze pointedly avoiding the Hierarch, "the historical foundation of a Councilium is a society of cabals. Since the Diamond is dependent upon History that's not something we can discard. And no, I'm not favoring the Diamond over the Pentacle, but the Diamond is a part of the Pentacle, I'll remind you, so we should respect it's beliefs and traditions. Hence why the Mastigos would demand that the cabal restrictions stay. Because, honestly, it's also not hard to fulfill. All it takes is a mutual agreement and a talk with a Herald, something that could be established in five minutes. Maybe that's not the wisest way to go about it, but nothing says that a cabal can't disperse into other cabals later."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein's first instinct was to open up her big fat mouth and tell Avis that this was a meeting to represent the Paths, and she could damn well keep her little tyrannical church's beliefs out of it. She opened her mouth to say it, but something occurred to her. This was exactly what she'd been warned against doing. Most of her Path was Diamond too, and they would want their beliefs respected, as distasteful as that was.

But, she was also the only non-Diamond Councilor, so it was her job to bring that perspective too. Just...not as aggressively as she would have wanted. "While it is fine to respect the tradition," She measured her words carefully. "we should also remember to adapt to the needs of the Consilium. While, now that we have three full Cabals, it's less of an issue, back when we only had two it could completely ruin the balance of power, especially if one of the Cabals doesn't particularly want that power. That we saw at the Consilium Meeting." She took a pause to compose up her words.

"So, while I don't think it's as much of an issue now as it was before, we should carefully watch the actual number of Cabals we have in town, and be prepared to adjust these rules to maintain a wider spread of power, and keep it from being concentrated in one group with one interest. After all, a Consilium exists to mediate between Cabals and ensure that no one Cabal holds too much power over the others." And that was their own history and tradition thing. Bam.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

At Aquinas's arrival, Truce smiles softly and greets the man. "Welcome, glad you could make it."

At Mace's glance Truce nods and adds his own assessment to the conversation. "There was some discussion among us about the issue of Cabal requirements among the Moros. It was generally unopposed, though there was some concern that it might create the stigma of prejudice against those who wish to remain Solitaires. Yet I myself am preferential to keeping the Cabal requirement as an incentive to remain involved in the community as well as keep newcomers under observation by their peers."

"So, it seems there are varied views on this still, though I believe a compromise isn't out of the question. I think that removing the Order restrictions from the Council is agreeable. It seems that remaining active in a Cabal would be still necessary for the position of Councilor, someone who is invested in our society in ways Solitaires aren't. As for the position of Provost..." He trails off while looking to Mace. "Well I don't see a problem with lifting Cabal restrictions since it's ultimately the Councilor's decision who is fit to perform those duties. And if the Councilor earns the respect of their local Path members and Cabal then I imagine they would exercise a good judge of character for their candidate."

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper chewed her lip and glanced to Emrys - This was the agreed suitable compromise for the Acanthi, though she herself wasn't sure her she'd fulfilled her agreement. Then again, the path had also expressed concerns about centralized power. "I find myself agreeing with Einstein, we should make provisions for the number of cabals falling again, or even the fact that cabals can fall apart rather quickly if members start moving away. Maybe opening the Councilor position to people who were in a cabal that was disbanded as recently as three months ago, and perhaps giving any Councilor who recently lost their cabal somewhere between four and six months time to join another - given their path doesn't decide to select a different Councilor in the meantime?" That would expand the pool of candidates, at least a little.

"Would that be sufficient, or should we say that if there's only two cabals in the consilium then we won't enforce any sort of cabal requirement at all?"

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1 | Consilium Status 4 (Hierach)

Aquinas nods faintly at Truce in recognition of the Moros' greeting then settles to intently listen to each of the Councilors as they begin to speak. He might be setting up a board with chess pieces in his mind, considering what he can lose and what he cannot in terms of getting a working Charter and Lex.

The needs of a Consilium,” Aquinas says off of Einstein 's statement, “is to monitor and mediate between Cabals, indeed. Where philosophy falls within the Order, Cabals are, for the most part, our families and our closest friends; divorced from definitions of Diamond and Pentacle. Each decide on the Great Rights they will adhere to. Sometimes, though, disagreements between these families happen and it is our job to prevent both from declaring Nemesis or to govern how they will go about Nemesis. When,” Aquinas continues, “I came here, there were no Cabals; a serious danger in a city like ours; my first request was for people to join together into cabals. A Consilium works for both the Pentacle and Diamond because it is not about Order philosophies but about keeping the peace between our chosen families.

It simply isn't the Hierarch's fault that the Magi of Sacramento are shy. Or lazy. But, laziness Aquinas cannot abide and thus decides not to think of the Magi under his care as lazy.

Provost restrictions are negotiable and can be eased,” the Hierarch says shooting a communicative look towards Avis . “As far as Order restrictions, only if there is an agreed upon interdict between the difference of Apostate and Independent. Apostate, or Nameless, are not who we would want on our Council.” Surprisingly, or maybe not so, the Ladder is quite adamant about that former point. “A grace period and grandfather period,” Aquinas says in recognition of Pepper 's idea, “might be a good idea.

Emrys

PRE

"The only thing that binds you is that which you choose to shackle yourself with." Emrys said to the two Mastigos. "While history and tradition are two of the standard sources of morality and cultural mores, they're static and don't adapt well with the times. With the Enchanters, Theurgists, and Necromancers in favor of removing restrictions, what good is a grace period for the cabal-less and a clarification between Independents and Apostates going to really accomplish other then the farce of trying?"

The Enchanters eyes scanned the table as he continued. "The consensus I've gotten, that I totally agree with and am okay with, is that a Concilium's primary purpose is to mediate the conflicts between cabals. If that is true, isn't enforcing the cabal requirement over the order requirement almost encouraging the representatives to bring those conflicts and biases with them as Councilors and judges? If anything aren't the Solitaires the more objective judges in that particular endeavor?"

His eyes finally settled on Aquinas, Mr. Puppetmaster. He opened his mouth to say something, but decided not to. Hey, maybe someone else would think to ask who the 'we' that didn't want Apostates on the Council is, or if was really just 'I'.

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.