Watch

Valentine Pizza Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

<Takes place the night of Saint Valentine's Day 2015>

Chocolate and alcohol were good for a quiet romantic evening, but not very filling for the stomach. So for those less than romantic Lost that attended the Winter party on Valentine's Day, the evening was somewhat wanting.

Fortunately, a certain raccoon was familiar with the local culinary scene. Thus why a group of changelings had followed her to the pizza parlor. The choice of destination was simply a matter of what everyone would agree to. And few were the number of people that didn't like pizza. Though the primary reason Morgan chose this one was the plethora of appetizers they had on the menu.

She held the door open with a wave of her hand for the others to enter, "Heh-here we be, pizza for all of thee, heh...Oro-or other foods from the menu, eh-heh."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex had skipped most of the way from the Blue Note - he couldn't help it, while he was under the sky. Plus, he was pretty psyched for pizza. He stopped bouncing around quite so much as they got inside and were shown to their seats. "So uh, Weird-ish question, do you know what they fry stuff in? I might just get some sort of vegetarian pizza though. Anyone want to split?"

He also glanced through the drink menu, debating between a brand of beer he's liked before and soda, or maybe coffee, if they had that.

S
    Saeyer

Reveling in the scent of food, Ava took a seat and gave the menu a good look. She wasn't sure about appetizers, but a nice, meaty pizza sounded like pretty much the best thing. "I'm not sure- are you allergic to something?" She spared Alex a curious look before continuing. "Splitting sounds good, though; maybe we can just order a couple of things for the table, go from there? Unless someone has particularly strong feelings about which pizzas they need in their life. I know I'm going to need something with meat, veggie pizza doesn't quite do it for me."

That was about the extent of her feelings on the subject: food good, meat good. Done. All other variables were up for grabs. Leaning back in her chair, she glanced around the assembled group of Lost affectionately, clearly glad to be where she was. Things had been a little hit or miss for a bit earlier, but this was nice. They wouldn't really be able to continue their conversations from earlier, but she had faith they'd figure something out. Somebody was always up to something interesting.

Lingering towards the rear of the group, Ramona follows the others inside, hands in the pockets of her jeans. She'd offered a ride to anyone without their own transportation, three passengers could pile into her silver Honda Civic for the journey. Beyond the doors, she sidesteps and takes a quick look around the room, a habit perhaps, and inhales deeply through her nose. The scents of dough, cheese, tomato sauce, spices, and frying things makes her lips curl in a little smile. Yes, this is most certainly better than the Bad Decision Bar. That there's a similar expression on the faces of her companions for the evening is a nice bonus.

"Anything works for me," she says in response to order inquiries. "Even a slice of veg," she adds for Alex's benefit, "But you can't go wrong with traditional pepperoni." She strides forward into the room, quickly scoping out a table. This one has good sight lines. That one is near a convenient emergency exit. This other one can seat us all comfortably. Here's a good compromise. She chooses a table as opposed to a booth, and stakes her claim on a chair that lets her face the door and most of the windows. She'll just have to trust the emergency exit to whoever sits across from her.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel tagged along with the group of his friends while sticking closer to Tessa and took a seat after Ramona claimed a table with enough seats for all of them.

“So long as it’s not pineapple,” Daniel said adding his two cents to the veggie discussion. “I once had a good thin crust pizza with artichoke, tomatoes, and peppers. I could go for something like that.”

He began looking over the menu. There were a lot of appetizers that looked better than most of the pizzas. “I have a thought. We could each order an appetizer and then three pizzas; one meat lovers, one veggie and one random. Then just share.” It would certainly help to simply split the bill evenly at the end of the meal. He glanced around for opinions before amending “Or maybe four pizzas,” since Daniel was pretty hungry after dancing and he was pretty sure everyone else was too. Not to mention, looking around Daniel realized every Changeling in the group except Ramona and him was a Beast. And Ramona was an Ogre. So yeah, four pizzas would probably be better.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

6. Likes Origins, InvertedMonkey liked this post

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Alex gave a nervous chuckle at Ava's question, then winced. "I'm Hindu of a high high enough caste that well - vegetarian, no mushrooms. I grew up that way, and, uh, before if I had meat I'd get sick. Turns out not eating meat growing up means your body can't process it right." He shrugged, paused and blushing slightly. "For comfort of mind, I tend to stick to the old diet."

Ah, the lies you tell yourself, that he hadn't had meat in Arcadia, surely, and it was just a factor of him being magically tranformed into an Eagle - but he wasn't a fool. He could guess. So, like the string he wore around his torso, the diet was another reminder of his humanity.

He shoved away those downer thoughts and grinned to Daniel though, "I'm all for that though, everyone can get what they want! And pretty sure we're all hungry. I definitely want mozzarella sticks."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan looked around for more but people following, she was certain there group had been a little bigger. But everybody she could see was inside, so if someone had decided to go all ninja on her they could open the door for themselves. So the raccoon stopped holding the door and entered.

Consensus seemed to be multiple pizzas, which made sense to her. She liked the idea but had a monetary preference on a fourth pizza, "Um, eh-heh, appetizers t-t-they have many good, get-a-mix. Splitting pizzas zounds good. Ssso we getting ah veg-g-g-gie, ah mega-meat-mix, one other, ano-and I like to suggest fourth be cheese please. We g-g-get half-off cheese price if-if spends enough, heh. And if they got three pizzas with appetizers, they were spending enough.

Looking around a the group, she coughed into her hand before looking down, fiddling with her claws. Then she stopped, flexed her fingers, and put them down at her side, the nervous tension in her vanishing. When she looked back up, she seemed calm: "Only c-c-c-catch tis nada beer here, heh-heh." she finished with a shrug to show it didn't worry her. Hopefully it didn't bother them either.

9. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

Tessa, who had came in almost on Daniel's arm, was quite happy about this decision. Chocolate was little more than a teaser for the appetite and after all that dancing and conversing and what not, she needed more fuel in the tank. She was also glad to see Ramona get them a table. With her generous physique, sitting in chairs was more comfortable than cramming in to booth seats. She immediately began surveying the menu upon sitting down, feeling quite ravenous after skipping dinner, thinking it'd be at the Valentine's dance. And just when she was wondering what was in her budget, Daniel gave his bright idea.

"Yeah, definitely four. And one of those has to be meat lovers." She toyed with one of her sharpened canines with her tongue while surveying the appetizers. While she didn't boast the same dental plan as Malory or Ava, her time in Arcadia hadn't been spent munching on veggies. And seeing as she had no reason not to eat meat, she had no problem indulging in her bloody cravings. ...So long as they weren't TOO bloody.

Morgan's announcement didn't bother her none. She had had her fill of alcohol at the party, perhaps the one time she could actually do so given her under 21 status. Pizza sounded better with soda anyways. "Fine by me. I think I'd prefer some root beer anyways. Oh, and buffalo wings for my appetizer, honey barbeque." As she shifted in her seat, she heard the crackle of paper and suddenly remembered the Valentine stashed in her back pocket. Now that she wasn't preoccupied, she could take it out and eat it.

"Oh hey, this one has a cat pun too," she commented with a chuckle before putting it and her coupon back in her pocket. The candy, however, went directly to her mouth.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

“Mmmhmm!,” Daniel muttered with satisfaction “Ach’n Heart. Vegetarian, has artichokes and Italian style. So it’s sounding like a veggie, a cheese, a meat lovers and a pepperoni?” he commented. Those had been the flavors people had thrown out so far. “And for appetizer I guess I’ll haaave…” He quickly glanced at the available options. A couple things caught his attention. There were steak fries, which would make up for thin crust. Then again, they were already getting four sodium laden, spiced, and cheesed slabs of carbohydrates. There was calamari, which Daniel found as a reliable go-to when he wasn’t getting chicken fingers. He felt he should be more accommodating to Alex though. He had a sneaking suspicioun most of the others would not be choosing plant based starters. As such he went for a limited time special. Something the restaurant was probably trying to see if anyone would buy it. “Fried Brussel sprouts.”

There are just somethings you have to try before you die. This seemed like one of them.Everything was better fried right? They apparently were only lightly rather than deep fried but the reasoning was sound. It was done in olive oil too. He knew it was probably not going to be the most popular of choices given the crowd at the table. Who knew though, it could be good. Not like it would kill any of them to try either.

He smiled just a little more when Tessa read her card. She reminded him that he needed to read hers though. Well, the valentine he was almost positively sure was from her. His read his valentine. It was sweet, spelling errors and all. And while he barely glanced over to where Tessa was seated near him, his expression inched another millimeter up or so. Daniel placed the letter back in a pocket as he looked back up to what the group was doing.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Huh. So Alex is Hindu. Good to be aware of. It's starting to sound like there's going to be a lot of food. And while one part of her is nearly salivating at the thought, another is picturing her midsection and delivering some preemptive guilt and body-shame. It's too bad about the beer, that might've helped loosen her up a bit more. Then again, beer would be yet more empty calories puffing her out. She's lost in her thoughts for a little while, until Tessa mentions a cat pun. She glances up at the Courtless, with a curious, nay suspicious expression. At least she doesn't seem suspicious of Tessa. "You gotta be kitten me?" She asks, remembering but not retrieving the card in her own back pocket. Just as I thought, nothing but a courtesy card. Well that's a disappointment relief.

She glances back at the menue. Damn but their appetizers look good. Fried things. Barbecued things. Glazed things. Baked things. Things with dipping sauces. Things that must be responsible for that heavenly smell wafting back towards them from the kitchens. Her stomach makes a rather audible growl. Louder than she's comfortable with. She tries to cover her mild moment of embarrassment, clearing her throat, "Think I'll just have a salad, 'till the pizza comes. And a Diet Coke." She's one of those odd people that legitimately prefers that Diet taste.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread